Gravy's Cooking Thread

Vitality

HUSTLE
The squishy shit is allllllll up in that diagram and is part of the rib eating experience. I don't blame you for not liking it, it's gross and delicious. Like sardines, lobster, chicken wings etc.
And women, come on Tuco...

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I had some beef ribs the other day and I realized I have never had beef ribs before. My god were they good. Just the motivation I needed to re-initiate Tucogineering my smoker. This weekend it begins!

I shouldn't brag, that shit will take me a full dickyear to finish because I am real busy. But it will be a dickyear well spent.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
try korean bbq, specifically kalbi (beef short ribs), ribs are cut lengthwise. i usually have to ask the butcher for beef ribs and then for them to cut em lengthwise. if theres an asian grocer near you, they'll always have it packaged out this way in the meat section tho.

then just marinade overnight, soy/sugar/mirin and onions and seseme seeds and there you go.

or you can just goto a korean bbq, if one is near your area, if not find a korean and ask where they drink soju, that'll be where the korean bbq is.

no joke, these korean bbq places will never be byob, soju is probably where they make their monies.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Made prosciutto wrapped walleye on the BGE today.

u4tax0b.png

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Thanks Ser Tuco.

I did some bacon wrapped ones too but I didn't let the bacon crisp up enough after I pulled the plate setter off.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, prosciutto is way better for that shit since it's so thin and dry. Please PM me some, 'bisi.

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
Finally got around to picking up the grinder attachment for my kitchen aid and made some burgers with it tonight. What a difference. I don't think I can ever buy ground meat again. I love when a burger is relatively loosely packed so it was awesome being able to control that.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, I usually just form the patty with as little pressure as I can(while still holding the patty together). I hate when people mash that shit into a meat loaf patty basically.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I made a bigger batch with the remaining walleye. BBQ saws is homemade too (as homemade as recipe that includes ketchup gets)

hMWd36H.jpg

I just can't stop.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
I made a bigger batch with the remaining walleye. BBQ saws is homemade too (as homemade as recipe that includes ketchup gets)

hMWd36H.jpg

I just can't stop.
Those look so good.

I have a great recipe for BBQ sauce, but it also includes ketchup. I'm trying to locate one that doesn't use it. To the Googlemobile, Batman!

(Or if someone has one at the ready, post please?)

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I like my ketchup BBQ recipe. It takes 10 mins to make and it beats everything you can buy in a bottle at the store*

*in Canada

Gravy

Bronze Squire
I like mine, too, but I'm trying to cut down the sodium and sugar. God damn near impossible and still get a good BBQ sauce.

Ketchup is a great base.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The BBQ sauce my Dad and now me always use if I want to get crazy with it, and make my own is a base of Bullseye BBQ sauce. Lol. I add sesame oil, orange juice, onion powder, garlic powder, and molasses. Turns out pretty good! Tried it one time, and then tried just straight Bullseye, and it was completely different, so I feel less stupid over taking a BBQ sauce, to make BBQ sauce.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
Rufus Teague is pretty good, but last time I bought I think it was the Whiskey Maple flavor and it was honestly the worst BBQ sauce I've ever had.

The 0 calorie Walden Farms BBQ is better than that shit

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I kinda feel like the brine from jalapenos would make an awesome bbq sauce, but I can't figure out if the salt content would ruin the result. I'm honestly just trying to come up with ways to use the brine, feels like such a waste tossing that after eating the jalapenos(straight from the jar).