Gravy's Cooking Thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
usually i butterfly my chickens (whole) place em in a large stainless steel skillet and come back 90mins, usually it sits in a pool of drippings, which i don't mind, i guess i could put some veggies underneath to absorb it all (it's alton brown recipe).

gonna try to do beer can chicken in my oven, shouldn't be too hard just take the top racks off, i plan on putting it at 450 for 30mins then come back and notch it down to 350 to give it that rotiserrie like skin.

instead of a beer can i got this combo
Amazon.com : Steven Raichlen Best of Barbecue Beer-Can Chicken Rack with Drip Pan (Stainless Steel) - SR8016 : Patio, Lawn Garden

seems stable and the chicken won't fall over, also i don't want to use a cookie sheet and the pan is a good price basically, also stainless steel is cool.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
This is the rub I use when I do pork butt.

? cup salt
? cup turbinado sugar
? cup granulated brown sugar
1 tablespoon granulated garlic
1 tablespoon granulated onion
2 tablespoons paprika
2 tablespoon chili powder
2 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
2 teaspoons cayenne
1 tablespoon thyme leaves
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Mmm smoked gouda. Goddamn I love smoked gouda.
Seriously. There's cheap american blue cheeses so we don't have to pay import price for gorgonzola or stilton or roquefort. Why isn't there a knockoff smoked gouda that's 95% as good but half price?

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
You can't fake that stuff! I had a family member bring me the wheel of Gouda from the Netherlands. Likely not allowed to bring cheese across, but she packed it deep in her luggage and it all went smoothly.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
"Deep" "In Her" "Luggage"

Anyway, I've had Gouda several times and enjoyed it. Smoked cheese (Gouda and others), not so much and I have no logical reason why I wouldn't like it.

ive recently become pescitarian. i struggle with anxiety, and i sincerely cannot continue to eat animals that are fearful of the butcher's block.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
ive recently become pescitarian. i struggle with anxiety, and i sincerely cannot continue to eat animals that are fearful of the butcher's block.
Cheese has no fear.

Especially when it's buried deep in her luggage.

Gravy, we have never left middle school, have we?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
rrr_img_76704.jpg

gonna see if i can get that crispy rotisserie skin, i always brine my chickens, so no way this is gonna dry out.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
rrr_img_76715.jpg

so far it's really tender, like fall off the bone bbq tender.

one cool thing about this vertical thing, is i can break down the chicken like this and it's pretty cool.

i still can't get that deep deep rotisserie color tho, my oven only goes to 500, and even then calibrating it, it's really 480.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
It has to be a probe from his oven.

Making a breakfast pizza tomorrow morning. My kids love that shit.
Do you break whole eggs on the pizza or give them a scrambled egg/sausage kind of thing?

I had a slice of cheese and whole egg pizza when I was in NY, I really didn't expect much, but it was really good.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I crack eggs onto the pizza, they come out like firm, sunny side up eggs.

I do precook the bacon or sausage, though. the Pizza doesn't stay in the oven long enough to cook the meat.