Gravy's Cooking Thread

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Holy shit, that woman ate not one butTWO72 ounce steak meals in under 15 minutes at the Big Texan. The first she finished in something like under 4 or 5 minutes and she says she wants to do 3 in one sitting some day?

h1ddzqV.jpg

Jess and Jim's is one or was one of my favorite steak places, haven't been there in years. They have tiny button mushrooms there, so good.
Man, I'ma totally have to do this place

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
So I went my own way with the duck yesterday. Had two smaller ducks (about 6 pounds each), seasoned them really well inside and out, stuffed them full of lemons, limes, oranges, garlic, star anise, and rosemary. Put them in a roasting pan, surrounded them with red onion, carrots, celery, more lemons and oranges, and more rosemary. Put them in the oven and roasted them on 275 for four hours, then pulled all the extra stuff out, boiled and chopped potatoes (russets, from my garden
smile.png
), seasoned them, and tossed them in the duck fat. Then put the potatoes in the roasting pan with the ducks, and finished the ducks and cooked the potatoes at 450 for about 35 minutes.

It was like a party in my mouth.

I also made sweet potato/granny smith apple soup. It was also something I'd recommend.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Holy shit, that woman ate not one butTWO72 ounce steak meals in under 15 minutes at the Big Texan. The first she finished in something like under 4 or 5 minutes and she says she wants to do 3 in one sitting some day?

h1ddzqV.jpg

Man, I'ma totally have to do this place
It'd be more impressive if she ate... like a human? with a fork and knife.

I know thats how competitive eaters, eat.

I mean that's all Kobayashi's technique, but god is it disgusting.

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
After watching the video i feel strangely aroused. On one hand i want her to have my babies cavewoman style on the other hand i think my stomach just turned.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
So I went my own way with the duck yesterday. Had two smaller ducks (about 6 pounds each), seasoned them really well inside and out, stuffed them full of lemons, limes, oranges, garlic, star anise, and rosemary. Put them in a roasting pan, surrounded them with red onion, carrots, celery, more lemons and oranges, and more rosemary. Put them in the oven and roasted them on 275 for four hours, then pulled all the extra stuff out, boiled and chopped potatoes (russets, from my garden
smile.png
), seasoned them, and tossed them in the duck fat. Then put the potatoes in the roasting pan with the ducks, and finished the ducks and cooked the potatoes at 450 for about 35 minutes.

It was like a party in my mouth.

I also made sweet potato/granny smith apple soup. It was also something I'd recommend.
I had duck fat fries in Pensacola last year and that stuff is amazing, I'm jealous.

Hekotat

Made Gordon Ramsay's Roasted Tomato soup last night, was really good except I fucked up and put in a tbsp of Cayenne instead of a tsp., so spicy.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Turkey Sandwiches, Turkey Congee, Turkey Chili, Turkey Lasanga, pretty much done with turkey.

Still have a carcass in the fridge for stock, 18oz of white meat (i separate em into 6oz containers) and 20ish oz of dark meat left, holy crap where those thighs thick.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Had the last of the duck meat with lunch today, but having potatoes roasted in duck fat again tonight. Dang, that's good stuff.

Hekotat

Posted this in the Fast Food Thread but decided it needed to placed here as well.

10350451_10204047229954810_6515277279450867086_n.jpg

Pull Apart Pizza Bread

Ingredients

2 Cans of pizza dough or biscuits
2 cups mozzarella cheese (or your favorite cheese)
2 tablespoons of a really good Italian seasoning or parsley flakes
? cup olive oil
1 - 8 oz package of pepperoni (we used the turkey)
1 cup Parmesan cheese
Optional: Add a ? teaspoon of fresh garlic or garlic powder (it's amazing)

Instructions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
Cut pizza dough or biscuits into quarters
Cut the pepperoni into smaller pieces
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and toss so that the oil is spread evenly on each piece of dough
Bake for about 30 minutes (or until the top is brown and the center is thoroughly cooked) TIP: Be sure to check it in the middle before you pull it out. If the middle is still not cooked thoroughly be sure to leave it in another 5 minutes at a time until it's done.
Flip over on to a plate while it's still hot.
Serve with a side sauce and enjoy!

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Probably anything that requires assembly and baking isn't fast food.

You can buy pizza dough in a can? We do something similar to this for quick weeknight dinners. Roll out the dough, line it with your ingredients, roll it up, bake it until it browns. Crispy on the outside, gooey/doughy on the inside. Pretty much a ghetto calzone. Better lunch leftovers than a calzone or pizza too.

Fuck you Chrome, calzone is a word.

Hekotat

That's why I posted it in the Fast Food thread first, was trying to bait McCheese into trying it first, lol.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You gotta go big to catch the cheese. If you can find an easy way to cook 10 of those at the same time, you might ensnare him.

For example: get some food-grade duct(do these exist?). Fill it with 10x of your recipe. Snake it into your oven somehow. Fold it in half between two racks and open the ends a bit and you can call it the "pizza bread wormhole". Take it out when you get hungry or the kitchen fills with smoke, whichever comes first. Remove duct with tin snips.