Gravy's Cooking Thread

Vitality

HUSTLE
warning on the Quinoa Lentil rice cooker sub-in... The quinoa can come out kind of dry so you need to spruce it up with a fairly well bound pan sauce or something. The lentils come out Al Dente for the most part if cooked like standard rice in combination with the quinoa.

I have a rice cooker straight from japan that plays music when it's done, it's my girlfriends, I find it hilarious but it actually does a great job.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
We started doing a bunch of orzo pasta. My wife and daughter love it, my son tries to swap his pasta for meat and fruit.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I grew up not liking pasta myself, it made me sick to my stomach and got me in trouble a lot for not finishing my plate, my dad still forced me to eat it though.

Now I sub it out for vegetable pasta or Julienned Zucchini

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
pasta or potatoes > rice for my starch of choice. I'm a European-decended fatty, I like my potatoes and noodles, rice is too annoying to eat. It has it's place occasionally, but I don't eat it often.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I grew up not liking pasta myself, it made me sick to my stomach and got me in trouble a lot for not finishing my plate, my dad still forced me to eat it though.

My buddy started making Zuchinni "Noodles"...

Vitality

HUSTLE
I'm a huge fan of julienned zucchini, it's a fairly neutral flavor and goes great with a butter oil sauce and takes literally no time to cook really. A quick sautee is all it takes to soften them up.

I don't use a julienne peeler, just a nice knife. The peeler seems smart though, I'll have to check it out.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>

My mom forced me to eat shit I never liked either, we dont do that to our kids. We make them try stuff from time to time, but never forced. We just dont make extra shit for the snowflakes so if they dont eat whats for dinner, they dont eat.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'm a huge fan of julienned zucchini, it's a fairly neutral flavor and goes great with a butter oil sauce and takes literally no time to cook really. A quick sautee is all it takes to soften them up.

I don't use a julienne peeler, just a nice knife. The peeler seems smart though, I'll have to check it out.
I use this to make fancy curly fries
Amazon.com: Paderno World Cuisine A4982799 Tri-Blade Plastic Spiral Vegetable Slicer: Kitchen Dining

it's a huge monstrosity, takes up so much space for doing so little, but the cuts come out pretty, eh.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
My kids gave me ingredients to make something tonight, so we ended up with shredded potatoes as pancakes with brussel sprouts, onion, and garlic with an egg binder deep fried, and a beef gravy over top with some sprinkled cheese. Roughly poutine. Loving it. Almost ready to eat.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
You shut your whore mouth.

Sorry, I'm not sure where that came from. Zucc bread is pretty bomb, but a good banana bread is amazing. Unless they intentionally fuck it up with nuts, then it is a tossup of nut-fuckery.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
I made turkey tetrazzini for the first time tonight, and damned if it didn't come out fantastic.