Gravy's Cooking Thread

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
rrr_img_99188.jpg

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Those are amazing, because I can't tell if he said them or not.

Back in the day, Flay had this BBQ show with some other redneck southern dude. And he was a total asshole to the dude. It wasnt some funny back and forth banter between the dudes, he was just straight up ass hole. It was so bad I wanted to fucking strangle him through the screen. Ever since watching that show I detest that fucker. He can take his tex mex bullshit and shove it up his ass. every time I see that fucker on the screen, I next the channel.
Grillin' & Chillin' TV Show | TVGuide.com

Jack's Firehouse - Jack McDavid

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
For some reason, whenever I think of Bobby Flay I think of his throwdown show (pure douchemode) and when he won Iron Chef against Morimoto and literally every judge said Morimoto's dishes were amazing and had negative things to say about Flay's. Like every comment was "this is nice, but." Then he swept it. Complete bull and obviously pandering.

Definitely one of my least favorite chefs. Ramsey and Bourdain seem like they'd be shitty to work with, but they have infinitely more charisma and style. Ming Tsai also came across as a laid back chill guy in his shows, and of course Martin Yan.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
demo from 1996
i learned how to use a Chinese Chefs knife from him (i guess family) and Chen Kenichi (i like Chen's double finger on the side blade more)
theres 3 other parts you can just follow to next video to watch the rest.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Skirt steak: sous vide or no? I am planning on making some fajitas next weekend. Typically I just do it up on the grill, super high heat for a short period of time. I saw a couple of recipes and cook times (varying between 8 and 24 hours in the sous vide) but Serious Eats said skip the sous vide and do it up like I have been.

I am considering just trying it anyway and seeing if it works well.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Wait, didn't that other Serious Eats article say skirt steak is exactly the type of steak you want to do in a sous vide because it's so thin and easy to overcook?

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Also I put the temp reference guide in the first post for sous vide, if anyone else has anything they think should be int he first post let me know please.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I always grill skirt steaks after a good marinade. Haven't done them in the sous vide.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
How long are you doing it for? I bought a slightly larger container to do my sous viding in and I should have that Monday, so I figure I will try it for 24 hours at 130.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Fuck you all for having sous vide machines that work. I have to wait.

But high heat skirt steak cooking makes it tough, man.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
8 hour marinade and a minute on the grill each side and it comes out perfect every time; never tough. You gotta' slice it against the grain, though. It's one of my favorite cuts, but the pricing has gone pretty high on it the last couple years.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
How long are you doing it for? I bought a slightly larger container to do my sous viding in and I should have that Monday, so I figure I will try it for 24 hours at 130.
I'm just doing it for 3 hours cause that's when I'll get back to take it out. Then I plan on searing it on a Lodge cast iron griddler.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i got a chuck and sirloin in my sous vide station and shrimp vacuum'd brined for some surf and turf tonite.