Gravy's Cooking Thread

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
Does anyone here make marijuna based edibles? I've heard that you can decarb the weed in a sous vide which activates the THC and makes it more potent. You can then make cannabutter for use in different recipes.
I make Cannabutter once in a while with the remnants from my vaporizer. I don't often make edibles out of the butter because I don't typically want that powerful or long of an experience, but I will take a spoonful of butter with toast or just some peanut butter once a week or so.

I don't think you will decarboxylate in a sous vide because you'll want higher temperatures than what sous vide is typically used for. I'm sure you can do it at a high setting for a longer period of time, but might as well just bake at a low temperature instead. Check this article for more specific times and temps:How to Decarboxylate Weed - The Stoner's Cookbook

Typically I just infuse it into the butter directly on low heat in a sauce pan for 20-30 minutes.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Just got a bunch of sexy hot peppers from the local farmer's market including scotch bonnets. Time to make some chili!

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I just got a ton of pumpkin beer, some rice krispie treats, and mac and cheese (gluten free, of course) with some sausage. Doing it bachelor-chow style tonight while I crank out some schoolwork.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So.... gluten free pumpkin beer, gluten free rice krispie treats and gluten free mac and cheese.... throw all that shit out and just have the sausage and a gin and tonic.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Ordered a gin/club-soda at dinner the other night and the bartender put ginger beer in by accident. I do not recommend.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
So.... gluten free pumpkin beer, gluten free rice krispie treats and gluten free mac and cheese.... throw all that shit out and just have the sausage and a gin and tonic.
All rice krispie treats are gluten free, and the beer is just wheat free not gluten free so it's gtg.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Before, during AND after
yvEfFCM.gif

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Keeping up the old school theme, tomorrow we're doing beans with ham hocks and sausage.

... and gluten free corn bread. ugh.