Gravy's Cooking Thread

Gravy

Bronze Squire
At first glance, I thought that looked awesome. At second, I thought it looked like a terribly inefficient way to roast.

Finally, I thought, who cares, it still looks awesome.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Anyone got any experience with Blendtec? They seem to have slightly better ratings than Vitamix and are slightly cheaper.

Khane

Yes I've seen those. But that doesn't tell me much about long term usability!

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I dunno. Those seem pretty dangerous around cellphones. I'd go with the Vitamix to be safe.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Which vitamix should I get? Keep in mind I'm a total baller.
Do you have a Costco membership? They generally have deals running at various times that could include an extra container, extra blades, etc for the same price as regular retail.

Anyone got any experience with Blendtec? They seem to have slightly better ratings than Vitamix and are slightly cheaper.
Just know, pretty much every professional chef/kitchen on earth uses Vitamix, as well as pretty much every juice/smoothie place on the planet.

Vitamix is a damn fine product. Expensive, but you get what you pay for.

The Master

Bronze Squire
Most professional chefs use Vitamix. They alternate in terms of power every few years. Cheapest way to get either one is to wait for a road show at Costco in either case though.

Khane

Most professional chefs use Vitamix. They alternate in terms of power every few years. Cheapest way to get either one is to wait for a road show at Costco in either case though.
I got a certified reconditioned 5200 from the vitamix site for $299

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
At first glance, I thought that looked awesome. At second, I thought it looked like a terribly inefficient way to roast.

Finally, I thought, who cares, it still looks awesome.
It's always a fucking circular argument with you, isn't it? Fuck. This is why we're not dating anymore.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
1157.gif

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Expensive, but you get what you pay for.
Do you really though? I have a blender that I bought at walmart for $50 like 10 years ago and I put stuff in it and it gets blended. I'm not the heaviest blender user, but I can't imagine what a vitamix is doing that makes it so amazing other than some good marketing. Of course the people I know that have them like them, but they are invested because they spent 400 fucking dollars on the thing.