Gravy's Cooking Thread

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Quick...someone show a photo of something yummy!!!

CottageCheese_4percent24oz.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Cottage Cheese just makes me think of bleached scrambled cow brain, thx.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I was thinking of checking this out sometime this week. What do our local master chef's think? I'm mainly looking for quick healthy meals.

Chinese Honey Garlic Chicken - Creme De La Crumb
Well i can tell you it's obviously not authentic, i guess this is part of chinese takeout? (if and when i get chinese takeout, i order from the "Chinese" menu, so i have no idea what you white ppl eat)

I can't get over the picture cuz they're using Basmati rice... ugh

All i can tell you is, that if you plan on using sesame seeds for anything, toast them for 30s to bring out their flavor, it makes a world of difference.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I was thinking of checking this out sometime this week. What do our local master chef's think? I'm mainly looking for quick healthy meals.

Chinese Honey Garlic Chicken - Creme De La Crumb

Blog post with picture of female author prominently displayed? Tons of exposition and giant pictures before getting to the actual recipe? Chicken breast? Probably shit.

More seriously, I can't honestly judge the recipe without trying it. Just pointing out clues that this person likes to show people they cook instead of actually sharing good food. I do think my chicken breast point is valid, though. In a recipe where you're cutting up the meat in small bite size chunks, using breast is pointless. Thighs will provide much more flavor and are usually cheaper. Chicken breast is useful for breading and frying, that's about it. Pounding out into forms too, I guess.

Oh, god, white vinegar. White vinegar has its place in the kitchen, just not for cooking.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
All i can tell you is, that if you plan on using sesame seeds for anything, toast them for 30s to bring out their flavor, it makes a world of difference.

This reminds me of a great recipe for tuna steaks. Simply coat the steaks in oil and then dredge them in sesame seeds on both sides, then cook for about 1-2 minutes on high heat on each side. How long depends on how rare you like your tuna (Hint: tuna steak is like other steaks, at least go medium!) Salt and pepper to taste of course. Also make sure the steaks are about 1 1/2 inchs thick, if thinner/thicker, adjust cook time.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
great points on the chicken style and blog. I just wanted something simple with more flavor than bland ass chicken breast in the skillet over and over again.

I shall continue my hunt.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't like to get too fancy with sauces, its a texture thing. One thing I do is make my own salsa, using extra green peppers, banana peppers, hot sauce, making sure I dice everything by hand instead of pureeing.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
great points on the chicken style and blog. I just wanted something simple with more flavor than bland ass chicken breast in the skillet over and over again.

chicken breast by itself has no flavor, you have to inject flavor into it. Every other country in the world only uses chicken thighs, and feeds the breasts to the dog. At least mix up your meals 1/2 boob 1/2 thighs

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

Simple is relative. My favorite chicken dish that translates extremely well into leftovers is:

Food Wishes Video Recipes: Chicken Tikka Masala – God Save the Curry

Instead of rice(because it sucks as a leftover) just use some naan bread. Good by itself, even better if you can toast or griddle it.

Don't let the ingredient list intimidate you, the preparation is very similar to most other dishes.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So much hate for chicken breast. I actually prefer it over thigh myself, even if both are made plain.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
This reminds me of a great recipe for tuna steaks. Simply coat the steaks in oil and then dredge them in sesame seeds on both sides, then cook for about 1-2 minutes on high heat on each side. How long depends on how rare you like your tuna (Hint: tuna steak is like other steaks, at least go medium!) Salt and pepper to taste of course. Also make sure the steaks are about 1 1/2 inchs thick, if thinner/thicker, adjust cook time.

16Jvx.gif

I hope you meant to say "at most".

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Simple is relative. My favorite chicken dish that translates extremely well into leftovers is:

Food Wishes Video Recipes: Chicken Tikka Masala – God Save the Curry

Instead of rice(because it sucks as a leftover) just use some naan bread. Good by itself, even better if you can toast or griddle it.

Don't let the ingredient list intimidate you, the preparation is very similar to most other dishes.

I actually looked into this before but couldn't find some of the ingredients at Kroger.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Great, can't read this while eating anymore.

I managed to keep noming on my chicken chalupa while reading that. didn't even think about it til you posted something.

does that mean i'm awesome or mean i'm awful? =p

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I currently have no kitchen(doing a remodel). I only have a microwave and a toaster oven. This sucks.