Gravy's Cooking Thread

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Just bought an electric turkey fryer. Did the research and this seems like a better buy for me than the outdoor. Shit is on now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Whatever is in the dairy case during the holidays is usually good. I don't know if there is a big brand for it.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I always get excited to buy eggnog during Christmas, buy some, then never end up drinking it.

Sigh

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Eggnog + eggnog ice cream + bourbon?

Where does that come from, alcohol + ice cream? My dad used to put sherry on his ice cream.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
The best way to serve eggnog is to pour it down the drain and have some gin and club soda instead.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

rush02112

Golden Knight of the Realm
I've never had Eggnog, whats a good commercial eggnog i could buy to see what good Eggnog is supposed to taste like?

I'll get Borden's, but it's pretty much sugar in a box.

0041642122514-500x500.jpg

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It's thawed ice cream.

I'm joking, I'll drink eggnog but I also won't go out of my way for it. AB's recipe does seem intriguing. If my wife wasn't allergic to uncooked eggs, I'd probably try it. No way I can drink that much eggnog myself.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So ive been on a frying kick lately. Fries and shit from fresh cut potatoes. Gets eaten within minutes. Usually fry them once, set aside, then when entire batch is done, fry them again for crispy.

So this weekend I had some chicken breast available so I thought Id make some chicken tendies. So I found a popeyes recipe onine on line and followed it. Basically cut and marinaded the tendies in some buttermilk+hot sauce for a few hours, then got some flour ready with some paprika, smoked paprika and pepper. Then I took the remainder of the marinade, beat in few eggs. Dipped the tendies in the marinade, then flour, marinade again then flour, then fried. Man some of the best tendies we ever had. I know, simple shit, but fucking good.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I still have a few gallons of fresh oil and my turkey fryer from thanksgiving. I need to get on the frying train too. Maybe I'll do some chicken this weekend. Got a link to that Popeye recipe?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I still have a few gallons of fresh oil and my turkey fryer from thanksgiving. I need to get on the frying train too. Maybe I'll do some chicken this weekend. Got a link to that Popeye recipe?
Just google it, first one that pops up.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Ok, but can you stop using the word "tendies"?

I was about to post the same thing. I don't even know what his post was about because every time I came across that word I was like "Tendies? WTF?".

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I've made this a few times now. Super delicious and I love the contrast of cold noodles and hot spicy beef. Quick to make and very good. There's a lot of variants out there but the general idea is that you marinade some skirt beef (or whatever) in some Asian style chili sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, fish sauce, garlic, ginger and Chinese Five-Spice. Marinade for an hour and cook quickly on iron to medium rare.

Then you make a rice noodle salad with vinegar, carrot, cilantro. I add some fried chilis in oil to it and toss that up. Keep it cold.

Firecracker beef and Cold noodle salad

firecrackfw.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user