Gravy's Cooking Thread

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I made chicken tikka masala last night. Wonderful. Glad it makes a lot because my place is going to smell like Indian spice for the next couple days.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I've made the one from Food Wishes a few times. Never noticed my place smelling for days afterwards. And not really sure I'd mind.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I've made the one from Food Wishes a few times. Never noticed my place smelling for days afterwards. And not really sure I'd mind.

I sort of use this recipe. But I don't prepare the chicken like that. I use this for the chicken:

Restaurant-Style Tandoori Chicken In The Oven! Recipe - Food.com

And then I still prepare the spice blend from Food Wishes. I use some of it in the beginning when you saute the onions and then I add the rest when I add the chicken in.

I've made it quite a few times. Using cream definitely tastes better but it certainly makes you feel worse than if you use coconut milk.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I used this dudes recipe a few times, comes out good, close to the real thing at restaurants. I know its butter chicken, but pretty same.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
related note on nasty kitchen, since i'm moving out, i started cleaning, youtube said to use veggie oil to clean the grease off the cabinets, i was like "huh"? but it works!

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Repeated a recipe tonight, and it's great. I can't remember if I posted it here. It's super simple, and it's a great summer meal. Grill some chicken - just brush on olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper. Then, grill either peaches or slabs of pineapple. Give them a nice sear. Put a bed of arugula on a plate, next comes the grilled fruit, grilled chicken (I like tenderloins) on top. Put on a balsamic vinaigrette if you would like, and a squeeze of lime. Serve with sauteed asparagus.

Healthy and delicious. My kids all finished their plates.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
That sounds simple and good.

I miss having an actual grill. My indoor one is a decent substitute, but I bet grilled pineapple on it will be meh.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Today I am smoking a huge slab of salmon. To be served with an enormous fruit salad, some grilled asparagus (they're in season), and saffron rice pilaf. Finish with home made blueberry ice cream. It's good to have family in town, it gives me a reason to cook like crazy.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
FWIW, I tried the sodium citrate mac and cheese in the crockpot thing and it turned out well. It was only in the crockpot on warm for about 2 hours but it wasn't discernibly mushier than when I finished cooking it. I had intended to undercook the pasta and then didn't take it out quick enough but it didn't seem to matter. A lady at the potluck told me that the cheese sauce seals the pasta so it won't absorb any more water and thus it doesn't turn mushy. I don't know if this is true but it makes sense and there wasn't a molecule of mac and cheese left at the end.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
how many of ya'll grilling right now?

30 degrees C here, it's been roasting. Smoked a small cut of brisket yesterday - the small supermarket briskets are normally too lean to smoke, this one had lots of fat and it came out ok. Only problem is that it was wedge shaped, so the thicker part needed a bit more time.

Short ribs today, some beef burgers and 2 x kangaroo burgers

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Winter is grilling weather in Florida! Feels like temps are 100+ here right now or it's thunderstorms.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Steak time here. Kroger had some thick ass bone in ny strip for $5.99/lb. Got 5 of em plus some sweet corn.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
how many of ya'll grilling right now?
Made Cecina tonight. Was pork instead of beef though. Had a friend who used to be a butcher in mexico cut up a pork loin for me and he salted it with his mexican spice/salt blend. It was really good.