Gravy's Cooking Thread

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
That has been my issue every year, so this year I made space for 25 basil plants. Whatever is left at the end of the season will make pesto. So far, it's keeping up with demand.

I also just saw a recipe for basil sorbet. I'm dubious, but might try it.
I bet the sorbet would be refreshing. Does it have lemon in it?
I have been thinking of doing a basil watermelon thing.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Onions, leafy shit, garlic, Brussels sprouts, asparagus and carrots. I guess that's a respectable list.

I don't even eat potatoes that often.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I bet the sorbet would be refreshing. Does it have lemon in it?
I have been thinking of doing a basil watermelon thing.

I have one with basil and lime, and one with basil and cucumber. Will probably try both. My wife and daughters are wild for all things cucumber flavoured, they even like the cucumber gatorade. The men in the family have a finer palate.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
What do you eat with steak?

More steak is technically an answer, but it doesn't count for this question.
Asparagus and other actual veggies, garlic bread or just fresh backed bread with some butter. I very, very rarely prepare/eat potatoes.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Battered french fries? Bruh, I gotta' stay beach body ready.

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAOXAAAAJDc5MjRiODA1LWNkMGUtNDg1Ny1iODBiLWE2ZDVhNTBiZTdmNg.jpg

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I did make some chickpea sweet potato burgers (yeah, I know) this past weekend. It was the first time I ever bought a sweet potato.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I did make some chickpea sweet potato burgers (yeah, I know) this past weekend. It was the first time I ever bought a sweet potato.
I can understand sweet potato. Cooked, they have a off-putting mushy texture. They work much better in something that you're going to beat them up already. Like sweet potato pie. I would say mashed potatoes and while it tasted good, I find regular mashed potatoes almost always superior.

Sweet potato fries done right, however, are quite good.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Had some really good sweet potato french fries along with a shaved prime rib sandwich when we went out to lunch last week at this place: Kaluz - New American Restaurant

Probably the best sweet potato fries I've had. They are pretty hit and miss.

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
New made dinner again for me: cedar planked grilled salmon with fruit salsa (strawberries, peaches, kiwi, lime juice. fresh jalapeño). To accompany, he made lightly herbed rice and he made a salad with cherry tomatoes, cucumber, pearl mozzarella, red onion, cheese stuffed olives in a creamy vinaigrette.
It was oh so yummy. I am going to keep him.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
New made dinner again for me: cedar planked grilled salmon with fruit salsa (strawberries, peaches, kiwi, lime juice. fresh jalapeño). To accompany, he made lightly herbed rice and he made a salad with cherry tomatoes, cucumber, pearl mozzarella, red onion, cheese stuffed olives in a creamy vinaigrette.
It was oh so yummy. I am going to keep him.

Damn. I wanna date him. He'd get lucky on the first date.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
he made a salad with cherry tomatoes, cucumber, pearl mozzarella, red onion, cheese stuffed olives in a creamy vinaigrette.
I believe that's called a fruit salad, if I'm following the rules.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Damn. I wanna date him. He'd get lucky on the first date.
If I would have known what a great cook he was on that first date, he might have with me too!
(It didn't take him all that long to get lucky which is maybe why he is still cooking for me.)