Gravy's Cooking Thread

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I use my instant pot way more than my sous vide personally.
Well, I was thinking that the sous vide was somewhat of a solution to the "too lazy to cook" problem, but I have my doubts especially because it seems like everyone sears the food after.

We really need to find a good cookbook with simple recipes because our biggest excuse is always "Shit, this recipe calls for XXXX and I really don't want to go to the grocery store".

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Well, I was thinking that the sous vide was somewhat of a solution to the "too lazy to cook" problem, but I have my doubts especially because it seems like everyone sears the food after.

We really need to find a good cookbook with simple recipes because our biggest excuse is always "Shit, this recipe calls for XXXX and I really don't want to go to the grocery store".

Nah dude. Instant pot is the too lazy to cook device. You can crank out delicious pork ribs in 45 minutes with that thing. 30 minutes in the pot then 15 minutes at 450F in the oven for some nice crispyness.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
So far the air fryer is a new level of lazy for me, crispy food w/o having to babysit a pan or two full of hot oil, while making sure it stays at a nice 350 temp. However, air fryer is still not for the lazy, you still have to prep the food and thats still too much for most ppl.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Fuckin King of England over here with all his fancy sous vide gear.

Here's the real man's sous vide:
coleman-six-pack-can-coolers-0.jpg

0319570_l.jpg

9016710_R_Z002A

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The Anova can usually be found for $99 this time of year.

Searing food takes no effort at all. You turn on the stove to high/med-high, put your pan on it, let it get hot. Put the meat in for 30 seconds, flip, repeat until seared. And anything that requires searing to taste better is going to require it regardless of preparation style.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I'll echo what TJT TJT said about the instant pot. Once you get down working with it, it is super easy. Damn, now I gotta go buy a pork shoulder for football tonight just thinking about it.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I did pork ribs the other day in 45 minutes. Full on fall off the bone delicious. Did a simple rub, then hit them up under the broiler for a few minutes with some home made BBQ sauce.

• 1Solidarity

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I did pork ribs the other day in 45 minutes. Full on fall off the bone delicious. Did a simple rub, then hit them up under the broiler for a few minutes with some home made BBQ sauce.

My man.

• 1Worf

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Not sure how this happened but got out voted on the pulled pork for a turkey breast instead. Boooo, I don't dislike turkey but compared to pulled pork I'll take the pork all day everyday.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Fuckin King of England over here with all his fancy sous vide gear.

Here's the real man's sous vide: *Insert ghetto bbq setup*
>Owns 1000 dollar Big Green Egg, won't buy 100 dollar Sous Vide.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Sous vide and pressure cookers, because on FOH.org, we do our slow cooking fast, and our fast cooking slow.

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users