Gravy's Cooking Thread

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
How ridiculous does a chocolate coconut caramel pecan pie baked inside a german chocolate cake with german chocolate frosting and dark chocolate candy bars such as mounds and milky way midnights and real dark chocolate (like 70% ) on top of the frosting sound?

6gRCnAr.gif

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Anyone have some really good instapot recipes?

I love the chili verde from Food Lab (and I'm gonna roast the peppers next time, and probably cold-smoke the tomatillos). Just looking for other recipes to make for the family.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Anyone have some really good instapot recipes?

I love the chili verde from Food Lab (and I'm gonna roast the peppers next time, and probably cold-smoke the tomatillos). Just looking for other recipes to make for the family.

I know I've mentioned it before but go get some pork ribs. Throw it in the pot for 30 minutes. While doing this preheat the oven to 425F. Prepare some kind of glaze that you like. Then throw them bitches in the oven for 15 minutes.

Alternatively, make some carnitas in there.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah I still haven't cracked into mine but you should be able to throw some pork shoulder, cumin, oranges, bay leaves, salt, garlic, and onions in there and come out with a bangin pulled pork.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
FWIW, the banana leaves and achiote don't really do much except make the stuff red and look cool while you're cooking. I learned this the hard way after scouring the globe for annatto seeds and banana leaves to make Robert Rodriguez's puerco pibil from the movie Once Upon a Time in Mexico. Turns out if you leave that stuff out 3 things happen.

1) You save time and money
2) Your food is less red
3) There is no third thing, it tastes the same.

That recipe also taught me that if you chop up a habanero pepper with your bare hands and then touch your eyes you are in for half an hour of misery.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
That recipe also taught me that if you chop up a habanero pepper with your bare hands and then touch your eyes you are in for half an hour of misery.

Make sure you don't scratch your nuts either. Boy howdy.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I may try this if I can find the storebought stuff from Goya. Looks good, anyway.

Nah don't use that its mostly just salt. Unfortunately you need the actual achiote powder which is a little harder to find unless you have an actual Mexican store around.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Steady has a bit of a sweet tooth and when he was at the store the other day for burger he magically came home with a candy bar cake - basically a chocolate cake that had candy on the interior, frosting and more candy bars. He said the only thing that would have been better was if there was pie in it too. So of course, I looked up pie cake combos; there are two fields Pake which is a cake batter baked in a pie crust or Cake with Pie baked inside the batter.
I have not found a recipe for what I would like to try but have come close.
How ridiculous does a chocolate coconut caramel pecan pie baked inside a german chocolate cake with german chocolate frosting and dark chocolate candy bars such as mounds and milky way midnights and real dark chocolate (like 70% ) on top of the frosting sound?

I always loved teh cloud cakes, they are fucking amazing and somehow not too sweet.

Chocolate cake or brownie on teh bottom, topped with chocolate pudding, whip cream and crumbled up heath bar. It is my favorite dessert of all time.

EDIT: Best picture I could find

3L2redD4ohuwMyDpCezNDdTWOHtTzPMCHixEp8xKasgf2tDFk9ixgEiPWKK5nxpbgxIDeKJquJJPLotabGr62xWwiYl8eud3cyPhXw=w900

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Make sure you don't scratch your nuts either. Boy howdy.

My youngest son learned this lesson. He went from chopping hot peppers to going to the bathroom. He should have washed his hands first. Instead, he had hot, spicy junk for a few minutes. Lots of wailing.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
So is a pressure cooker just an express slow cooker?
more pressure=hotter temps, simple test is boil water in a pot... takes forever, put a lid on it, boils faster, cuz your trapping the pressure which also raises the temp.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
The instant pot beef short ribs are gonna have to wait. Went to both grocery stores n town and neither had what I would call acceptable. Will try again on Monday when they usually put out new stuff.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Got 8 lbs of Berkshire pork on the smoker at 229 degrees. Injected last night w/ some apple juice and spices, then covered it today with a brown sugar and chipotle rub. I just went outside to baste it and it already smells divine after 2 hours. The anticipation is killing me.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users