Gravy's Cooking Thread

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I've never felt as good as I did when I was on keto. Never had any keto breath or fiber problems.

• 1Salty
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
You need to rinse the shit out of them because they stink, but once rinsed and boiled they taste like nothing, just added texture. A filler.
oh yea, great point, why does these fake shitty noodles stink to holy hell? cuz you're eating chemical bath water, lol.

yea, pharmakos pharmakos give us

copy and paste the answers

a. your budget ($600/mo it seems)
b. your cooking level
c. your ability to cook (weakend cancer state)
d. what can/can't you eat
e. what types of ethnicity

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
People are all tarded. 75g protein, 10g saturated fats are the minimum intake of food that every person needs daily, with enough fiber for your body to process it or you will have gastric distress most likely. After that, calories up to the amount you expend with enough variety to ensure you get a proper supply of vitamins.

Diabetes(II) and heart disease virtually always come from eating too many calories and burdening your organs with fat inside the body. You can eat cupcakes and chocolate every fuck day and never get those diseases if you eat the proper amount of cupcakes and chocolate for your caloric expenditures. Every disgusting fatty is that way because of their choices on food quantity, not type.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 4 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
certain types of food (carbs) are less satiating which leads to hunger and excessive eating (quantity)
Wrong. Certain types of carbs are less satiating, not all. Also, protein is not assimilated at the same efficiency as lipids or carbohydrates so you can literally eat more, yet really be assimilating less energy.

Again balance, unless you can show me long term large cohort studies that provide evidence an all meat diet is better.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Wrong. Certain types of carbs are less satiating, not all. Also, protein is not assimilated at the same efficiency as lipids or carbohydrates so you can literally eat more, yet really be assimilating less energy.

Again balance, unless you can show me long term large cohort studies that provide evidence an all meat diet is better.
I'm on the Joe Rogan diet of beef, jalepenos and spinach.

Not really, but that's what I tell my girlfriend every day at 4pm so that she remembers to put the tri tip in the sous vide.

I just call it a diet so she doesn't complain about having delicious meat every day.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I've done Keto to success but now I just basically do that but have added carbs from beans/fruit. Meats, veggies, fruits, nuts, beans and I mostly stay away from processed carbs but I do enjoy a burrito or a taco probably once a week. Working way better than Keto on its own did and way more sustainable.

Also, home cooked beans are vastly superior in texture and taste to canned shit.

• 1Like

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I'm on the Joe Rogan diet of beef, jalepenos and spinach.

Not really, but that's what I tell my girlfriend every day at 4pm so that she remembers to put the tri tip in the sous vide.

I just call it a diet so she doesn't complain about having delicious meat every day.
Girlfriend sous vides for you everyday and she isn't your wife yet?????

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah, I've found food type, and the psychology behind 'seeing food' to be the biggest factors in when I lost weight. I could make up my mind to eat less all I wanted, the reality is, when I was hungry and it came time to fill up the plate--I always filled up the plate with what I had. I know one trick is to buy smaller plates for this reason, but fuck that, I knew it would bug me.

So what I did was make sure to put vegetables on my plate first. I'd fill half my plate up with broccoli or green beans or some other vegetable--plenty of salt and butter so it looked appetizing, too. But the biggest thing is, and I think a lot of people don't realize this...How much fucking food a few hundred calories of vegetables is compared to any other food source. To get a couple hundred calories out of broccoli, you get a god damn mountain of the stuff. I ended up not even wanting to put more potatoes or pasta or meat on my dish because I began to get used to how much the vegetables would fill me up. The meat ect became about the taste, not how much it satiated me--the vegetables were there to actually fill my stomach and prevent that feeling of hunger.

But yeah..When you actually measure, its shocking how big the difference in 'bulk' between the food types per calorie are.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

khorum

Murder Apologist
I've done Keto to success but now I just basically do that but have added carbs from beans/fruit. Meats, veggies, fruits, nuts, beans and I mostly stay away from processed carbs but I do enjoy a burrito or a taco probably once a week. Working way better than Keto on its own did and way more sustainable.

Also, home cooked beans are vastly superior in texture and taste to canned shit.
Well you're supposed to ramp up carb intake after the induction period. That's assuming you tracked confirmed ketosis with the ketostix piss tests etc.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'm hungrier now eating 3200 calories of pretty healthy mixed food (heavy carbs, protein, some fat) than when I was at 1500 calories of keto.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I'm hungrier now eating 3200 calories of pretty healthy mixed food (heavy carbs, protein, some fat) than when I was at 1500 calories of keto.
Because you were eating 1500kcal a day then increased by over 100% in a short time...you also gained like 20lbs + in a short period of time too, no? You just don't know how to fucking eat like a non-fat fuck.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users