Gravy's Cooking Thread

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I always find knowing I'm going on a vacation helps me lose weight. Never fails, as soon as I have a goal my hunger magically fixes itself to the point where I have to remember to eat sometimes. Just plan more vacations!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Because you were eating 1500kcal a day then increased by over 100% in a short time...you also gained like 20lbs + in a short period of time too, no? You just don't know how to fucking eat like a non-fat fuck.
None of what you just said is true.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
sounds like force feeding damn, unless he's having chipotle for breakfast lunch and dinner!

khorum

Murder Apologist
None of what you just said is true.
you keep talking about your keto diet in the past tense, so you cant blame people for assuming you're back to your carboholic 3200-cal/day face-stuffing ways.

here's a tip: get a fitbit and install loseit! or some other food journaling app and turn your fat jihad into an ENGINEERING problem. track your baseline caloric intake, diff it with the best-case low cal days that you can sustain and build a diet you can live with that doesn't require extreme willpower.

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
No youre eating noodles made out of a japanese konjac yam, that smells like shit, that your body cannot digest. Its a natural smell of the yam. No chemicals, bro. all you have to do is rinse them in water and give them a quick boil. They are not fake, probably more natural than any regular pasta, lol.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Ive been pretty much on a keto diet for about 3 yrs now. Ramped up my carbs to about 50-100g a day now, but for the most part its pretty much keto. Went from 270ish down to 210 and hovering at about 215 now. Feel better, more energy, never have that after dinner slog that i had before. Plus my bloodwork is excellent now for the past 2 yrs ( My work checks it for insurance, which is bullshit, but thats another discussion) Pretty much went from pre diabetic with metabolic disorder to healthy in less than a year doing keto and absolutely have not lifted one finger, yeah im lazy.

• 1Like

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
keto without fiber IS risky tho. look into oat husk fiber and glucommannan/konjac fiber pastas.

That seems obvious to me once you've done it, I've been very successfull on keto but you have to eat fiber at some point or it becomes impossible to take a shit.

• 1Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
The best thing a keto diet did for me, was that when I finally lost 100lb (And no longer type 2, and no more CPAP, and no more foot problems) and decided to moderately eat some sweets again, I had a donut, and I felt such a sugar explosion to such a degree I spit it out and never tried it again.

It's amazing how eating so many carbs makes you just barely taste sugar. I can now taste sugar in bread these days.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
pharmakos pharmakos

Sorry man, I forgot to add some stuff last night but I'll correct that now.

When I am on Keto the biggest issues for me are bread/sugar cravings, I want bread all the time and would usually get two low carb tortillas for dinner to help with those cravings.

Lemon Pound Cake

This recipe is amazing, I couldn't find the sweetner stuff they referred to so I just used splenda and it worked well enough for me. I couldn't believe how good this tasted and I made it often.

Keto Bark

This shit is amazing, zero sugar and very low or no carbs (Can't remember). Doesn't taste weird and is a live saver for cravings. I'd eat one bar a night and never got out of Ketosis. If you order from their direct store they will ship it in dried ice so it won't be melted. It comes in Almond, Hazlenut and Coconut. All three are really good with Hazlenut leading the pack.

Pizza

This is really good for those pizza cravings, and when I didn't have time to make the crust I'd just make a pizza bake with whatever toppings I desired. Line a small pyrex bowl with foil and layer with sauce, cheese, toppings and bake. Very little mess with the craving smashed. Rao's Homemade pizza sauce was the only store bought I could find that had no added sugar.

Pastrami Wrapped Cream Cheese Pickles

These were fantastic snacks, pain in the ass to make but worth it. If you have a wife maybe you can sweet talk her into it.

If you're looking for some kind of drink that has flavor check out Trimino, they have a variety pack you can pickup on Amazon. I only liked the coconut/pineapple one so ymmv. They have a lot of protein in them so that will help as well.

I'll add the rest of my Keto section here, but I didn't get to try a lot of them. They were just highly rated recipes I found around the interwebs. I kept wanting to make the cheddar bay biscuits but never got around to it. I did have a recipe for a badass Alfredo brocolli bacon dish but I can't seem to find it. I'm sure you can locate it on the webs.

Sous Vide also made Keto diet much more enjoyable. You could easily cook meats all the time.

The rest of my Keto recipe section This link is not working for some reason, I will PM it to you if you want it.

EDIT: Amod Amod what the hell is going on with my google drive links?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Eh, the thing with these diets is less about the diet itself and more about the fact that you're actually paying close attention to what you eat and generally eating healthier because of it. I did paleo a few years ago (which really isn't very different from keto) and had a lot of success, but ultimately I think it was just all around healthier eating.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
The best thing a keto diet did for me, was that when I finally lost 100lb (And no longer type 2, and no more CPAP, and no more foot problems) and decided to moderately eat some sweets again, I had a donut, and I felt such a sugar explosion to such a degree I spit it out and never tried it again.

It's amazing how eating so many carbs makes you just barely taste sugar. I can now taste sugar in bread these days.

Sweets make me ill at this point.

Dad is diabetic, so I cut out sugar a few years ago.

Sometimes I'll go stupid and get some cookie dough / chocolate, and will get physically ill.

Trying to get the wife to stop giving our son carbs. But that's going to take more effort.

As long as it isn't the fifth 20 page steak derail...

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
To each his own, but I find that rather than try to make that fake bread/sweets stuff I just schedule a cheat day or so per month and eat the real thing. No fake pizza was ever as good as real pizza. I do make the 90 second bread, but mostly for convenience, you can make a sandwich or something without the carbs of the tortilla.

That Keto Bark looks interesting, 3g of carbs per serving, might be worth it though.