Gravy's Cooking Thread

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Figured I’d throw this in here before I delete the pic. Smoked deviled eggs. Boil eggs like normal. Peel. Smoke for 30-40 minutes at 150-160 degrees. Keep them elevated off the heat source so they don’t get rubbery. Yolk ingredients included. Mostly mayo and mustard. Add other shit to taste.

Edit: I have a GMG pellet smoker

7BC2C88C-B124-4A1C-AD4A-05BCFE7E766C.jpeg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
I do. I usually only get a ~80% success rate though. Only 1.5 egg was unsalvageable this time.

I cant remember my Alton Brown but I want to say the fresher the egg the harder to peel, but I might have that backwards.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I do. I usually only get a ~80% success rate though. Only 1.5 egg was unsalvageable this time.

Don't boil eggs, steam them then ice bath them perfect egg every time with an easy peel. Most cookery sets have a steam basket.

Also if you are a G you can Sous vide them.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Teriyaki is not Japanese, it's from Hawaii. So is Hamburger Steak which is now a staple of Japan. God Tier Hawaii comfort food is a Loco Moco.

Rice, Hamburger Steak and runny Eggs.

IMG_1135.JPG

Didn't realize that had a name. I make that all the time but add a roasted jalapeno to it and use leftover brown rice instead of white. Breakfast of champions after a night of drinking.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Don't boil eggs, steam them then ice bath them perfect egg every time with an easy peel. Most cookery sets have a steam basket.

I always put in eggs in cold water, bring to a boil cover, turn off heat let sit 15 mins, always perfect bright yellow fluffy yolks with no grey film around them.

• 2Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

I’ll look into this thanks. The smoked deviled egg is damn good and pretty easy except for peeling. I’m excited there’s a good method.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Jalapenos? Check.
Horseradish? Check.
Cayenne? Check.
Ghost Pepper? Check.

Not what I would expect with a deviled eggs post, LOL

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Didn't realize that had a name. I make that all the time but add a roasted jalapeno to it and use leftover brown rice instead of white. Breakfast of champions after a night of drinking.

That was invented on the Big Island of Hawaii in a town called a Hilo, every restaurant claims to be the original.

• 2Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Smoke some cheese broseph, I buy blocks of sharp Tillamook from Costco, smoke em and make Sourdough Grilled Cheezez with a Sriracha Catsup.
ya'll hawaiians ever try the korean spam hot pot soon du ish type dish?, i think its called army base food

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Figured I’d throw this in here before I delete the pic. Smoked deviled eggs. Boil eggs like normal. Peel. Smoke for 30-40 minutes at 150-160 degrees. Keep them elevated off the heat source so they don’t get rubbery. Yolk ingredients included. Mostly mayo and mustard. Add other shit to taste.

Edit: I have a GMG pellet smoker

Are you happy with your GMG? Been debating between them, Tregar, Louisiana Grills and pit boss. It seems like I'm either leaning towards the portable GMG or the behemoth Louisiana one they have at Costco when it goes on sale next, while my dad is a fan of the mid size Tregar.

Brad2770

Sausage Sundae

Smoked sausage cut like a banana. Mash potatoes with brown gravy, cornbread stuffing with white gravy and macaroni with bacon. Topped with chopped brisket and s cherry tomato.

9D751E6C-E7F3-4ECD-973C-2336AF336D74.jpeg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users