Gravy's Cooking Thread

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Of course but at 116 who cares. This is for the home cook that occasionally bakes shit.
c'mon bro, yo know how we are. You might be a supertaster but most of us are just super-critical.

I was just getting ready to question the value of 'metal' gearing in an age of mass produced powdered-metal and sintered gearing. Not to mention that everything is now engineered to be 'barely' adequate, as opposed to stuff being completely over-engineered. I mean, you're right, $116 isn't bad, but still.

My own personal nit to pick is with tilting heads. A lot of them are shit. I have a Sunbeam that has a tiny release button and is a complete PITFA to release and tilt back. If I ever had the money to throw away, I'd look at the mixers with the lifting bowl instead.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm a supertaster with deals and I researched this thing pretty heavily. But you guys are right

FORGET IT

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I'm a supertaster with deals and I researched this thing pretty heavily. But you guys are right

FORGET IT

I'm sorry Noodlebro

SEafvmx.gif

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
also, all the bitches don't care for the old style tilting heads, they'd prefer the pro model w/ the lifting bowl.
41DGXX1AKAL.jpg

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'm not a huge spam lover. I like it in very subtle doses. Like... go to 7-Eleven and get a spam misubi. That's good. Or the spam "french fries" during Spam Jam were pretty good. To compliment a meal is fine, as a main ingredient... not so much.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'm watching that video now. Yeah, the authentic Philly Cheesesteak atmosphere is where it's at. I've never been a fan of Pat's or Geno's. They're mass produced garbage. Jim's is pretty decent, but I still hang my hat on Liberty Steaks out by Widener University.

There's a Jersey Mike's out here, which is pretty close (close enough) to the real thing. I get the Chicken Cheesesteak there because they go really light on meat on a traditional steak. The chicken is loaded, though.

That said, I really miss a good Chicken Parm sandwich. I used to run by any number of deli's or pizza joints near my house and get a great chicken parm. I haven't found someone that sells it out here.

EDIT: Holy shit, that finished product looked amazing. I kind of want to try it, but... oh christ, who knows. The water here is so much different than Philly, and the water is one of the key things that make the rolls so perfect. But then again, I'm just making an excuse. Ugh...

Last edited:

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Slickdeals had an enameled dutch oven for 29.00 yesterday, picked that shit up. Tired of fucking with this rusted non-enameled dutch oven, I can't get it to stop rusting no matter how many times I season it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
That burrata? I can never get burrata to behave. Can never get rid of enough of the liquid to not make the dough all soggy and shitty.