Gravy's Cooking Thread

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Been trying to eat healthy, wife's been on my ass. Tonight's recipe was bowtie whole wheat paste, pan seared chicken (cast iron of course), and broccoli. Was seasoned with adobo and pepper. Topped with cheese. Everything tasted great until the final ingredient. It said mix in a half cup of mayo or dressing. Dressing was unspecified so I got some Ken's northern italian, fucking gross. Ruined it for me. Not sure what dressing would've been better suited. Creamy Italian maybe? Caesar? I thought spicy ranch might destroy it
Little olive oil, salt and pepper to taste should have finished that off just fine.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Been trying to eat healthy, wife's been on my ass. Tonight's recipe was bowtie whole wheat paste, pan seared chicken (cast iron of course), and broccoli. Was seasoned with adobo and pepper. Topped with cheese. Everything tasted great until the final ingredient. It said mix in a half cup of mayo or dressing. Dressing was unspecified so I got some Ken's northern italian, fucking gross. Ruined it for me. Not sure what dressing would've been better suited. Creamy Italian maybe? Caesar? I thought spicy ranch might destroy it

What kind and how much cheese did it have? The fact that it already has cheese should negate the need for some type of oil/dressing/cream/spread/mayo based nonsense.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
What kind and how much cheese did it have? The fact that it already has cheese should negate the need for some type of oil/dressing/cream/spread/mayo based nonsense.
Just a sprinkle really on the top. You're right though, anything added ruined it. Actually tasted good.prior to my flub

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
if it wanted mayo or "dressing", then it was talking about a very specific "Salad Dressing"

Difference Between Mayonnaise and Salad Dressing | Difference Between | Mayonnaise vs Salad Dressing

"During the Depression, most people cannot afford to buy mayonnaise so they developed the salad dressing spread which is made like mayonnaise but has more sugar, vinegar, and water with less egg yolk to make a cheaper sandwich spread. It is sweeter and tangier than mayonnaise. "
Edit: oops, replied too soon. Generic miracle whip is called salad dressing. Not sure there's a 3rd variant.

You mean Miracle Whip?

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Just a sprinkle really on the top. You're right though, anything added ruined it. Actually tasted good.prior to my flub

The beauty of cooking is you don't have to follow the recipe to the T. If you like it without the last step, then run with it. If anything, just tweak the type and amount of cheese you use.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
It really is. I can't believe I haven't tried making it again since I got an air fryer.

I haven't ever used an air fryer, but the ole deep fry worked. I brought a big jug of oil and my dutch oven over to the NYE party just to deep fry this stuff!

As always, Chef John is my bae

Result
1546542283152.png

It looks like they're floating in the dish!

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I haven't ever used an air fryer, but the ole deep fry worked. I brought a big jug of oil and my dutch oven over to the NYE party just to deep fry this stuff!

As always, Chef John is my bae

Result
View attachment 188311

It looks like they're floating in the dish!
I think I'm gonna' make these this weekend.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
There's a Chinese corner store only a couple blocks from me that I went into for the first time on New Years Day since it was one of the only markets open near me. They have the most absurd collection of noodles. I know I recognized most of the ones Lanx posted. I have work to do, fellas. Can't believe in the seven years I've lived in this place I've never been there.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user