Gravy's Cooking Thread

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I just made pulled pork in my instant pot last weekend. So easy.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
IMG_20190601_152324.jpg

another party, another batch of wings, i just use red pepper flakes in the seasoning now, don't even bother making a sauce.

thats how i triple stack the wings, could fit 3packages if i had another collander, but i really should get a proper metal tray i guess.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
View attachment 209861

another party, another batch of wings, i just use red pepper flakes in the seasoning now, don't even bother making a sauce.

thats how i triple stack the wings, could fit 3packages if i had another collander, but i really should get a proper metal tray i guess.

Is that an air fryer?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
This is orgasmic, 9lb pork butt brined overnight, smoked for 14 hours.

BFA85425-B66A-4ADC-A8BD-ED15FB01344B.jpegA4CD1EE6-D599-4209-B625-35507B27C7C9.jpeg3096605A-40BA-4E0B-AADD-3BC6AA6C5C9C.jpegAFB97EBB-0A31-41D2-A547-A78C4CED708D.jpeg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'll give these a shot, a friend said Butter Chicken is great too.

If you like babyfood soft gizzards and hearts, that's another thing the instant pot's solid at. These results made me sad since I wanted a bit more chew (I guess I'm strange, I like squid, hearts, gizzards, jerky, etc. Things that take a bit of the Ol' Mastication)

I've also gotten in the habit of making a pretty basic whole chicken (salt, pepper, maybe some rough cut mirepoix bits under the bird), save the liquid. Once you've cleaned the carcass, throw it and the liquid back in for another go; Makes a wonderful "dirty stock" (lots of coagulated proteins) for use as soup base or just to make rice with.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I really need to go through my cabinets and throw out all the stupid gadgets I've accumulated over the years and never use (like my george foreman grill) to make room for stuff that is actually useful but I don't have. Like an instant pot.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I really need to go through my cabinets and throw out all the stupid gadgets I've accumulated over the years and never use (like my george foreman grill) to make room for stuff that is actually useful but I don't have. Like an instant pot.
Well you know.. my wife REALLY needed that rice cooker that only I've used once. And that vegetable steaming device. And that sodastream. And the magic bullet. And the ninja.

Khane

You thought if you bought her that shit she'd actually start cooking huh? Rookie.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I audited all my gadgets the a few weeks ago. Of all of them there's only two I almost never use but they only cost me $15 together so... whatever. Only one I got rid of.

Shit I Use:
  • Ninja
  • Kitchen Aid mixer
  • Instant Pot
  • Rice Cooker
  • Tomogayaki pan
  • Steamer
Shit I don't use very often:
  • Waffle Iron
  • Popcorn Air Popper
Shit I got rid of:
  • Crockpot (because of Instant Pot).

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Chance I'll ditch my slow cooker for an instant pot. Does a slow cooker offer any benefit? Sounds like an instant pot is objectively better.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I still like my crock pot to do crock pot shit. I guess I could whip out my insta pot, but meh, I like the old school crock pot. That smell that permiates the house all fucking day long getting your juices going until its done. shit even the kids start coming out and saying is it done yet?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Instant pot is also a crock pot. I see no reason to have a crockpot.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Well that's an easy decision then, I'll get rid of my slow cooker and get an instant pot

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yup, I got rid of my crockpot when I got the instant pot.