Gravy's Cooking Thread

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah thats the problem with wok cooking without a proper 100,000btu heat source. I would do a lot more of it, because its quick and healthy cooking but I just dont have the equipment. You do it on the stovetop and its not the same. I also was looking at that outdoor wok thing myself but came to the same conclusion, I would never fucking use it. Let me know how that thing works out. For $100 it might be a good buy if it actually works.

Its a shame too because I have a few asian resources right by my work that sell all that authentic asian shit to make the sauces, noodles, and exotic ingredients. One of my favorite is golden mountain sauce and that dark thick soy they sell.

for science:

wok_cutawa_pdated_slide-0e3a9241163d36dbc527d09a65a5ab17b5b9a7f1-s800-c15.jpg

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yeah thats the problem with wok cooking without a proper 100,000btu heat source. I would do a lot more of it, because its quick and healthy cooking but I just dont have the equipment. You do it on the stovetop and its not the same. I also was looking at that outdoor wok thing myself but came to the same conclusion, I would never fucking use it. Let me know how that thing works out. For $100 it might be a good buy if it actually works.

Its a shame too because I have a few asian resources right by my work that sell all that authentic asian shit to make the sauces, noodles, and exotic ingredients. One of my favorite is golden mountain sauce and that dark thick soy they sell.

for science:

wok_cutawa_pdated_slide-0e3a9241163d36dbc527d09a65a5ab17b5b9a7f1-s800-c15.jpg
yea i get it tonite, i'm sure the bad reviews are cuz ppl don't know how to season a wok properly.

if this works out i'll probably amazon another wok too

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Man, half my family is from Louisiana, but until Khane said it I didn't even consider you were talking about a normal crab/shrimp boil because I've never heard of anyone doing that in a pressure cooker. No cajun at least.

Were the potatoes whole or halved? Or were they cut into pieces? Was the corn still on the cob?

Shit that's exactly what it is. Can't believe corn and potatoes didn't tip me off. Were they full crab legs?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yall are thinking too hard. Read that ingredient list again, half those things don't cook in nearly the same time nor the same method.

It's probably some bastard casserole from the 70s invented just to sell sister brands.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I didn't think of a boil since he said chicken, sausage and rice.

He said rice was separate. He also said chicken wings, which I guess you could boil. We 100% boil Andouille sausage with our shrimp, crab, and crawfish every time. That is one of the best parts of the boil.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Sausage makes everything better. Shit I add polish smoked kielbasa to my chili. Laugh all you want until you try it. (I am a polock though)

boiled wings though? Yeah, hard pass.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
You're expecting people to give you shit for putting sausage in chili?

IDK, some people are chili purists. People gave me shit for adding celery to my chili. While it is part of the holy trinity which probably made it down to texas too.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
He said rice was separate. He also said chicken wings, which I guess you could boil. We 100% boil Andouille sausage with our shrimp, crab, and crawfish every time. That is one of the best parts of the boil.

anytime I see chicken, sausage and rice I instantly think gumbo. I've never had rice with a boil either.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
jooka jooka I thought maybe gumbo, however, there was like no liquid. It was just amazing flavor on a bed of rice.

Khane Khane & LiquidDeath LiquidDeath I thought about a boil as well but wasn't sure, was hoping someone had made something similar in the past. I really don't remember many details, it was more than 20 years ago. It was the first time I tasted something cajun and I was craving something similar.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Crawfish are not worth the effort. Shrimp all the way.

• 1Barf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
jooka jooka I thought maybe gumbo, however, there was like no liquid. It was just amazing flavor on a bed of rice.

Khane Khane & LiquidDeath LiquidDeath I thought about a boil as well but wasn't sure, was hoping someone had made something similar in the past. I really don't remember many details, it was more than 20 years ago. It was the first time I tasted something cajun and I was craving something similar.

I bet you had some really good dirty rice. That stuff is awesome and the recipes are varied.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user