Gravy's Cooking Thread

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
You make that when drunk? You're a very patient drunk if so.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
You can obviously do it without, but I think it makes ie especially awesome after a night out.

Kiki

Log Wizard
what i liked about the instapot as "just a pressure cooker"

with a regular stove top pressure cooker, sure you get a better (most likely) triple ply base, wider and heavier and depending on your setup (inductin/gas, etc) you'll actually be pressure cooking faster.

HOWEVER you have to watch over that piece of shit, you have to wait for it to whistle like a fucking kettle, then you have to adjust it and the temp AND THEN you have to time when you are ready to release.

with the instapot, it's set and forget. dump all your shit in there, close the lid, set the time and walk away.

it'll release and keep warm, and you don't have to worry about a fucking kitchen bomb.

thats what i believe ppl can't convey.

I've been doing rice and steaming eggs in it as well. Shits pimp. Just plop down some bulgogi and get some rice. Maybe make broccoli and veggies in the spicy bulgogi sauce, shazam.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
If you make the Korean Carnitas I linked a while back. The drippings make some super awesome all around spicy sauce for whatever you want.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
this weekend i had to bring "something sweet", we always have a lingering "gluten free" bitch here or there.

decided to make macarons and used nutella for filling, it was a hit. (also all gluten free)

my macrons were ugly, it was also the first time i've ever used "piping" (with a bag)

it was difficult finding a recipe that had grams in measurements i know baking is a science, so just finding 1 cup of almond flour, wasn't gonna cut it.

i used

100g of egg whites and used 50g of sugar to cut it (to make fluffy tips) and sifted in 200g of powered sugar and 110g of almond flour.

i double it, made about 80 macarons and used an entire jar of nutella.

i still have about 2lbs of almond flour left.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
this weekend i had to bring "something sweet", we always have a lingering "gluten free" bitch here or there.

decided to make macarons and used nutella for filling, it was a hit. (also all gluten free)

my macrons were ugly, it was also the first time i've ever used "piping" (with a bag)

it was difficult finding a recipe that had grams in measurements i know baking is a science, so just finding 1 cup of almond flour, wasn't gonna cut it.

i used

100g of egg whites and used 50g of sugar to cut it (to make fluffy tips) and sifted in 200g of powered sugar and 110g of almond flour.

i double it, made about 80 macarons and used an entire jar of nutella.

i still have about 2lbs of almond flour left.

Is that the french non coconut macaron? I was about to ask why you were using flour in macaroons. Post the recipe!

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Is that the french non coconut macaron? I was about to ask why you were using flour in macaroons. Post the recipe!
ya, macron, i just did, thats all there is to em, just make sure you sift the almond flour. a while back i tried macarons and couldn't get good almond flour so i made my own w/ a grinder, this flour works well
Blue Diamond Almond Flour, Gluten Free, Blanched, Finely Sifted 3 lb bag 12bucks for 3lbs of almonds is insanely cheap too, and i checked before it's just 100% almonds.

just really need a mixer so the sugar cuts the egg whites (what is that called?) to get fluffy peaks

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I made the cheese stuffed potato pancakes with glutinous rice flour a couple times and they came out great. Anything else I can do with this stuff since I have 4 pounds of it?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I made the cheese stuffed potato pancakes with glutinous rice flour a couple times and they came out great. Anything else I can do with this stuff since I have 4 pounds of it?
it's used in a lot of chinese/asian bakery stuff like
286e5a1498609ec87eeb717a015433e6.png

seseme rice balls, etc

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Killer deal on Best Buy today on this instant pot. I don't have one and will probably buy this. I've performed zero research on these. Any objections to this model?

it's a clone it should work fine, the accessories should be no issuue.

i would do more research on the stainless steel pot it comes w/, i much rather like the one that comes w/ the instapot brand myself.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Cool. Just ordered it. Ready to cook slow things fast. I'll test out carnitas as soon as possible.