Gravy's Cooking Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
45 mins in the pot then 5 minutes under the broiler. Perfection.
hmmm, maybe i'll do carnitas then. i can instapot it then put on the airfryer on it at 500f for a few minutes, quick link again to carnitas please?

also i found out Aldi sells vac sealed non frozen salmon. I tried it out, wife loved it, i popped 8oz on, used airfryer. (put parchment paper on bottom for all stanky fish) coat w/ pepper and slather on honey + mustard, 400f and it was amazing.

i used half, so the other half is in the freezer(another 8oz), i'll see if it is still as good this week with frozen, or do i really only have fresh, non frozen as the only option.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
hmmm, maybe i'll do carnitas then. i can instapot it then put on the airfryer on it at 500f for a few minutes, quick link again to carnitas please?

This is the recipe I always used in the slow cooker. Figure this would work in an instant pot as well. This is more Cuban due to the oregano/orange juice but I add more to the rub.

I've always pan fried them before after slow cooking but the air fryer could be a cleaner method.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

also i found out Aldi sells vac sealed non frozen salmon. I tried it out, wife loved it, i popped 8oz on, used airfryer. (put parchment paper on bottom for all stanky fish) coat w/ pepper and slather on honey + mustard, 400f and it was amazing.

i used half, so the other half is in the freezer(another 8oz), i'll see if it is still as good this week with frozen, or do i really only have fresh, non frozen as the only option.

I prefer this one Instant Pot Korean Inspired Pulled Pork | With Two Spoons

You'll need Gochujang on hand though. Not sure if you keep that around. If not the Mexican Recipes are easier. Just need a ton of cumin.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
You'll need Gochujang on hand though. Not sure if you keep that around. If not the Mexican Recipes are easier. Just need a ton of cumin.
giphy.gif

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
I prefer this one Instant Pot Korean Inspired Pulled Pork | With Two Spoons

well at least i know this is an actual instapot recipe

you can't just take a crock pot recipe and dump it into an instapot, it's not gonna work, if it calls for at least 1cup of water then it's instapot good (since it takes 1cup of liquid to get to steam)

idk, i think i'll fuck around w/ this recipe, i'll be adding some kimchi for deep flavor

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Lately ive been doing pulled chicken taco meat in the pressure cooker. Put in a whole bunch of frozen chicken breast, cup of water mixed with a taco mix packet. Pouir in some salsa if I have any. 30 min later, quick release I cut up an large onion, in a skillet I put like 1/4 cup oil and start saute the onion, while thats going I cut up the chicken as best as I can (its falling apart). Then when onion is good to go I put in some fresh garlic... then the chicken. I add salt, more taco seasoning and chili powder while stiring the shit out of it and frying it all up for like 15 min. Taste for seasoning.

The kids love the shit. Plus you can make quesadillas out of the stuff too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
well at least i know this is an actual instapot recipe

you can't just take a crock pot recipe and dump it into an instapot, it's not gonna work, if it calls for at least 1cup of water then it's instapot good (since it takes 1cup of liquid to get to steam)

idk, i think i'll fuck around w/ this recipe, i'll be adding some kimchi for deep flavor

In my experience the Kimchi just gets destroyed. You would want to just pour the kimchi juices in there... but the effect is minimal as Gochujang is so overpowering. Szechuan Peppercorns make it pretty interesting though.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
In my experience the Kimchi just gets destroyed. You would want to just pour the kimchi juices in there... but the effect is minimal as Gochujang is so overpowering. Szechuan Peppercorns make it pretty interesting though.
yea, thats what i meant, i'd pour in the kim chi juice

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Another one of my guilty pleasures. The tuna melt. This is the open faced Chipotle tuna melt on rye. But I also do the open faced tzatziki spinach variant with super crusty bread.

IMG_20190820_110205.jpg

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
made it last night, yea

whats the best setting to reduce the liquid in an instant pot after done cooking?

Set it on saute, mix some amount of cornstarch/water into it. Stir until desired viscosity.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
made it last night, yea

whats the best setting to reduce the liquid in an instant pot after done cooking?

I added a couple tablespoons of flour and let it saute for about 45 minutes. But I like my sauce on the thicker side

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I just don't understand how anyone cannot enjoy nice, melty American cheese. Call it whatever the fuck you want, but I like it.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
American cheese is nothing more than cheddar blended with some emulsifiers so when it melts it keeps its consistency. If you try to melt pure cheddar it starts to separate and you'll get random oily inconsistent mess that'll half run off whatever you melt it on.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users