Gravy's Cooking Thread

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, I'll take some muenster over american any day, but it'll still do if there's nothing else.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Muenster, swiss, gouda, and others are all better than american. But there is just something about american slice on a burger, or melted in eggs...

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Gentleman nothing melts like American. You want oooey gooey melted cheese on something like a burger, you go for American.

You melt a nice thick slice of extra sharp cheddar and it loses all it's flavor. You want cheddar, you put it on your burger after it's all dressed so it doesn't melt. That's when you get the bite.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Muenster, swiss, gouda, and others are all better than american. But there is just something about american slice on a burger, or melted in eggs...
Exactly. Those are better cheese, in general, but I'm always opting for American on my burger. Muenster and Swiss melts nicely, but is way too mild for me on a burger.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Gentleman nothing melts like American. You want oooey gooey melted cheese on something like a burger, you go for American.

You melt a nice thick slice of extra sharp cheddar and it loses all it's flavor. You want cheddar, you put it on your burger after it's all dressed so it doesn't melt. That's when you get the bite.

I think a lot of herp derp American cheese is disgusting in 100% of situations talk is just people trying to sound fancy and superior.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole

I make my grilled cheeses and melts with muenster over american. American gets too goopy on a grilled cheese while muenster gets nice and stringy and also still has some more texture to it even when melted.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Apparently he likes it when cheese is "nice and stringy"...

th.jpg

Fight me

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I make my grilled cheeses and melts with muenster over american. American gets too goopy on a grilled cheese while muenster gets nice and stringy and also still has some more texture to it even when melted.
Too mild. I'll put American AND muenster, though.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yep, because it just makes me think I could be eating pepper cheddar. Why isn't that more common. And to be fair, a lot of cheddars aren't worth the calories either.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I haven't liked american cheese since I was pretty young, the smell and texture is offputting. It feels like a deflated rubber ball got cut into squares. Logically I understand that when melted/cooked into sandwiches etc it might taste like pumpkin pie but I'll never know because I'll never eat the nasty motherfucker.

• 1Supertaster

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I put Kraft singles directly over the asshole and eat my way through.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Nobody, but nobody would eat American cheese on a cheese platter like it was some nice cambert or something. It has its place.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users