Gravy's Cooking Thread

Khane

Got something right about marriage
We get some straight from the honey farmers down here. You should check out some farmer's markets, if there are any around you.

Look at this Florida boy. It's the middle of November in Connecticut! There are no farmer's markets!

I was hoping for some good brands I could look for online.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Look at this Florida boy. It's the middle of November in Connecticut! There are no farmer's markets!

I hoped for the same thing, and someone told me to google search local honey to my area. I was able to find a bunch that sold year round, some from their homes. Google it, man, and find fantastic, delicious honey.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i thought "local honey" was a myth until my wife got some australian honey cuz a friend said it'd be good for her allergies. (something about eating honey and pollen?) wow, that is the nastiest honey and plain garbage, aussie honey can fuck off.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
i thought "local honey" was a myth until my wife got some australian honey cuz a friend said it'd be good for her allergies. (something about eating honey and pollen?) wow, that is the nastiest honey and plain garbage, aussie honey can fuck off.
Never had the honey but Australian butter tastes like distilled asshole. Uniquely, memorably terrible.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
how do ya'll organize your fridge? do you actually use the "crisper"?

i'm gonna try to be more thoughtful on my fridge org by trying to do this
a3117733bd358b993eb43dd1ea5b0931.png

honestly i'll just buy a bag of broc (leave it in the plastic) and just shove it in the fridge, if i have older broc, i'll move it to the front at least, but i'm not using much of the space.

so i decided to stack it with some over sized lock n lock containers i had, but you can tell that didn't let the veggies "breathe" (expel co2) so the bottom got gooey.

so i'll be trying this clear containers with the breathing vent holes.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>

honestly i'll just buy a bag of broc (leave it in the plastic) and just shove it in the fridge, if i have older broc, i'll move it to the front at least, but i'm not using much of the space.

so i decided to stack it with some over sized lock n lock containers i had, but you can tell that didn't let the veggies "breathe" (expel co2) so the bottom got gooey.

LOL maybe if you were the only autist asian in your house. But sadly that fridge gets destroyed every time the kids pop it open or another 10 bags of shit get purchased in the grocery store as youre trying to stuff all that shit in there.

this looks to me like some autists fridge not a normal fridge.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
LOL maybe if you were the only autist asian in your house. But sadly that fridge gets destroyed every time the kids pop it open or another 10 bags of shit get purchased in the grocery store as youre trying to stuff all that shit in there.

this looks to me like some autists fridge not a normal fridge.
i get these from rubbermaid like next week, they actually won't let me order anything above 3 directly from them (i wanted the super large capacity one), so i'm getting two of the next size down, and i'll see how it goes from there.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>

Weak. I'm in upstate NY and the local farmer's market just moves indoors for the winter. I get my honey for mead from a local guy, but I've been told Dutch Gold Honey is good and they have a bunch of varieties. I've just never gotten around to giving them a try yet.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Been really improving my broth and presentation game lately. Noodle time mang!

IMG_20191121_043906.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>

From MN... still have farmer's markets but inside.

Hell, we have multiple permanent "open air" markets in large buildings and they all have local ingredients.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
honey doesn't need a greenhouse, neither do pickled veggies or meat. Mostly winter is root vegetables, though some of the local SE Asians bring in fresh veggies from god-knows-where.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
You guys have way better farmer's markets than we do. Meat? The farmer's markets here are real tiny and really only have produce.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
You guys have way better farmer's markets than we do. Meat? The farmer's markets here are real tiny and really only have produce.
A bunch of the stalls have become full restaurants (and some of the restaurants have opened stalled). I never thought they were amazing for the summer-only ones.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
PSA
Hmart (the korean grocery chain) has started shipping to 48 states it's def their limited stock and not all their products, but it's free shipping for orders over 50$, they'll also ship fresh veg (in the styrafoam ice pack) for additional charge.

i'd always (and myself) would just recommend to get stuff on amazon, it was just easier, however Hmart will have anything asian for 50% less than Amazon prices (you just have to order $50 to make it worthwhile and take advantage of free shipping)

as always i'll be around to help out w/ the asiany questions.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
PSA
Hmart (the korean grocery chain) has started shipping to 48 states it's def their limited stock and not all their products, but it's free shipping for orders over 50$, they'll also ship fresh veg (in the styrafoam ice pack) for additional charge.

i'd always (and myself) would just recommend to get stuff on amazon, it was just easier, however Hmart will have anything asian for 50% less than Amazon prices (you just have to order $50 to make it worthwhile and take advantage of free shipping)

as always i'll be around to help out w/ the asiany questions.

I'm lucky enough to live a few blocks from Korea town and one of these locations.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I live blocks from Chinatown so I have easy access to all the weird shit like dried seahorses. I really only take advantage of the cheap produce though.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

so the ones i just got in the mail are not clear, a little bit hazy/foggy, but not as bad as tarnished headlights.

def not like the picture. i'll see how it goes