Gravy's Cooking Thread

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looks like they made polenta based on the thumbnail.

Yeh, this episode is definitely one where they're free to have Their truth; but for me, mashed potatoes gotta be rustic: full complement of skin, certain amount of solid chunks. Save the babyfood consistency... for the babys.
Kind of funny they do all that work to take any sort of texture or other interesting bits OUT of the potatoes, only to try to add it back as a topping.

I think I'll try this over the weekend:
Using drop biscuits/dumplings and just cooking it all in one is certainly a cheat but damnit, weekend time is precious!

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yeh, this episode is definitely one where they're free to have Their truth; but for me, mashed potatoes gotta be rustic: full complement of skin, certain amount of solid chunks. Save the babyfood consistency... for the babys.
Kind of funny they do all that work to take any sort of texture or other interesting bits OUT of the potatoes, only to try to add it back as a topping.

Using drop biscuits/dumplings and just cooking it all in one is certainly a cheat but damnit, weekend time is precious!
looks like a good recipe that actually uses the instapot, they stole it from this book

Instant One-Pot Meals: Southern Recipes for the Modern 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker Paperback – November 21, 2017

i was like southern? i looked up the writer, i wanted her to be a fattie (cuz you can trust a fat chef, they know their craft)

and i got the gayest bunch of bitches on a cooking show i have ever seen

wtf is yellow shirt guy/girl?

i'll probably buy the book after trying this, this weekend, gotta buy bisquick, lulz

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
That seems bending definitions a bit too far. I'm sure it would still taste good, I like dumplings too. But will they have anything approaching a flaky biscuit texture in a pressure cooker?

I agree on potatoes, skins and chunks.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
That seems bending definitions a bit too far. I'm sure it would still taste good, I like dumplings too. But will they have anything approaching a flaky biscuit texture in a pressure cooker?

I agree on potatoes, skins and chunks.

My dad used to make drop dumplings in the pot when he was cooking beef stew. They're different than biscuits, but still good.

I prefer regular biscuits for my SOS, but I would definitely give that a try.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
looks like a good recipe that actually uses the instapot, they stole it from this book

Instant One-Pot Meals: Southern Recipes for the Modern 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker Paperback – November 21, 2017

i was like southern? i looked up the writer, i wanted her to be a fattie (cuz you can trust a fat chef, they know their craft)

and i got the gayest bunch of bitches on a cooking show i have ever seen

wtf is yellow shirt guy/girl?

i'll probably buy the book after trying this, this weekend, gotta buy bisquick, lulz
That thing ruined an entire season of top chef. I still get mad every time I see her. Somehow she developed a successful food TV career after that. Single most unwatchable contestant on any cooking show, ever.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>

I agree. I don't know what comes out of that pot but it sure as hell isn't biscuits.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

20191026_144340.jpg

It looks prerty nasty since you dollop it in. Just put a spatulla undernesth and flip it over into a bowl

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Pretty sure mosquitoes audibly pop when tapping into Molly from the salt induced high blood pressure

In case this wasn't entirely sarcastic:

There is no causative link between sodium and increased blood pressure. There isn't really even a correlative link. Eat all the sodium you want, it is good for you.

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
i would use less salt and more milk tbh, it was smore thick good than yummie gravy

I ended up doing exactly that. Omitting the salt from the gravy (my sausages were cheap enough I knew I'd have plenty. Also, kept it in the drop biscuit recipe) and, due to a Burn alarm, splashing milk also. All in all, came out alright. Fluffy drop dumping texture is what I prefer from a biscuit under gravy anyways, rather than a buttery, flaky, layer-y, jam vehicle.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I ended up doing exactly that. Omitting the salt from the gravy (my sausages were cheap enough I knew I'd have plenty. Also, kept it in the drop biscuit recipe) and, due to a Burn alarm, splashing milk also. All in all, came out alright. Fluffy drop dumping texture is what I prefer from a biscuit under gravy anyways, rather than a buttery, flaky, layer-y, jam vehicle.
i mean from this i learned that bisquick is the only pankcake +baking mix around, all the other aunt jamaia, hungry jack etc were pancake + WAFFLE mix. (i'm not really into this stuff)