Gravy's Cooking Thread

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Have you tried the recipes on that site? The carolina gold sauce looks great, and I'm hoping to use their rubs.
I'd just fucking buy them if they sold them.

Meathead and Amazingribs.com are my go-to for anything related to BBQ. I have made very many of his recipes and they are money. I recommend the site with no reservations.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Meathead and Amazingribs.com are my go-to for anything related to BBQ. I have made very many of his recipes and they are money. I recommend the site with no reservations.
Can you buy any of their stuff?

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Roasting garlic for garlic bread tonight and tried the super large ones, these things are so big. This is 1 single clove next to a normal bulb of like 6-7

Smells so good in here.

20200711_141745.jpg

• 1Solidarity

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
ever since covid i haven't stepped foot in an asian grocer or go into an asian restaurant/carryout. yes i'm that racist.

walmart now sells spring roll rice paper, it's the diamter size of a burrioto shell and you dip it in hot water for 10s to make it soft and piable, but its so sticky it folds unto itself.

so i came up with this
64d709b74e150e182d91e5aedcfb5f55.png

an oil splatter shield, it's 1$ at the dollar store, buy two and sandwich the rice paper between (don't press it tight, legt it constrict), just pour hot water over it, and viola.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
ever since covid i haven't stepped foot in an asian grocer or go into an asian restaurant/carryout. yes i'm that racist.

Asians are the most racist group of people around. I'm not surprised.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I was watching this until the hard stop. WTF.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( fucking banana piece of shit. Eat chickpeas you stupid bitch. :(

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I was watching this until the hard stop. WTF.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( fucking banana piece of shit. Eat chickpeas you stupid bitch. :(
speaking of banana

made my first loaf, it was banana bread

fucked up and forgot to add baking powder and soda, literally 1rock hard pound, oh well at least i have a compost bin.

second loaf is looking much better, i had wanted to smell baking banana in the morning.

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
speaking of banana

made my first loaf, it was banana bread

fucked up and forgot to add baking powder and soda, literally 1rock hard pound, oh well at least i have a compost bin.

second loaf is looking much better, i had wanted to smell baking banana in the morning.

But how did it taste? If it tasted fine but was super dense, you could use thin cuts off it with icecream or crumble it and toast it for use as a topping on a cobbler type thing.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
But how did it taste? If it tasted fine but was super dense, you could use thin cuts off it with icecream or crumble it and toast it for use as a topping on a cobbler type thing.
tasted fine, just dense, i had more trouble cutting into this thick ass bread than i do meat! (as in resistance), anyway it was binned and new loaf tastes nice, though i wish it were "air-ier"

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, choices were made and lessons learned. Just remember. Don't let Perfect be the enemy of good.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
What are some things you guys buy canned or premade to use in recipes because it is superior in its canned form?

I say you can't beat a good can of San Marzano.

Also... Making your own ketchup is like reinventing the wheel imo.

On a side note, I've been trying out my raw skillsIMG_20200712_182925_772.jpg
IMG_20200718_185351_110.jpg

Taking pictures outside on my worn out cedar table is ** Chef's kiss **

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
What are some things you guys buy canned or premade to use in recipes because it is superior in its canned form?

On a side note, I've been trying out my raw skillsView attachment 286770
View attachment 286772

dude, those aren't pictures, they're thumbnails

Alex

Still a Music Elitist

On a side note, I've been trying out my raw skillsView attachment 286770
View attachment 286772

That tartare looks great.

Things I buy in cans instead of going fresh:

Tomatoes (crushed, diced, pureed, whatever). I've gone fresh and with cans and I just prefer cans. I feel the taste is indistinguishable and it's much easier. Exception might be Indian food where I can simply throw ginger, garlic, onions, and tomatoes into a food processor and liquefy them.

Beans. Fuck soaking beans from scratch. I've heard an instant pot makes it easy but I still haven't bothered. They're just fucking beans - how much better can they get fresh?

Chickpeas. Similar reasoning to above except chickpeas are even more of a pain in the ass.

Some veggies. Like corn. Fresh corn is tough to find in CA anyway.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

Interesting quality of mackerel is that due to its natural oiliness it also becomes naturally crispy when baked/grilled at high heat. Simple recipe but super delicious and mackerel is very inexpensive.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
That tartare looks great.

Things I buy in cans instead of going fresh:

Tomatoes (crushed, diced, pureed, whatever). I've gone fresh and with cans and I just prefer cans. I feel the taste is indistinguishable and it's much easier. Exception might be Indian food where I can simply throw ginger, garlic, onions, and tomatoes into a food processor and liquefy them.

Beans. Fuck soaking beans from scratch. I've heard an instant pot makes it easy but I still haven't bothered. They're just fucking beans - how much better can they get fresh?

Chickpeas. Similar reasoning to above except chickpeas are even more of a pain in the ass.

Some veggies. Like corn. Fresh corn is tough to find in CA anyway.
Being from the midwest... Corn?! What.