Gravy's Cooking Thread

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
which? oh did you say you were gonna smoke again?
I should have my new Traeger (maybe Pit Boss), before then so that was an idea, but I wanna try this boneless turkey ball recipe that guga foods did.

TL:DW - he cuts all the bones out, stuffs it, and wraps it into a ball and then smoke/cooks it. Looks amazing!

• 1Like
  • 1Supertaster
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I should have my new Traeger (maybe Pit Boss), before then so that was an idea, but I wanna try this boneless turkey ball recipe that guga foods did.

TL:DW - he cuts all the bones out, stuffs it, and wraps it into a ball and then smoke/cooks it. Looks amazing!

man it's like 1000x easier to debone a bird if it's cooked tho

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>

This guy's "Video voice" drives me bonkers. When he's trying it all at the end, he's having fun, that voice I don't mind... but the fake radio voice shit is fingernails-on-chalkboard. Content is fun/great, but ugh...

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This guy's "Video voice" drives me bonkers. When he's trying it all at the end, he's having fun, that voice I don't mind... but the fake radio voice shit is fingernails-on-chalkboard. Content is fun/great, but ugh...
Ha, that's all part of the fun I think. It doesn't bother me but can see how it would for sure. Some of his videos when he cuts to the grilling part have been so well done. Typically it's some amazing slow-mo grill shots with some badass rock music being piped in, just gets me all excited. Lol

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Happy Thanksgiving!! Decided to do cook all this stuff up this weekend and have some fun!

20201114_173006.jpg

• 5Like
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 5 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I'm making Korean Carnitas for the Thanksgiving party I am going to.

Also, been making breakfast sandwiches at home. I have an 18 inch cast iron I use for just about everything. I bought a set of like 10 inch 15 inch and this 18 inch one but its pointless to use any of the other sizes I've learned.

So!
  1. Aloha sweet roll. The small ones so these are like sliders. - https://www.heb.com/product-detail/h-e-b-select-ingredients-sweet-aloha-rolls/2173547
  2. You might think this is blasphemous but it makes no mess compared to the real thing and I don't mind them (Morningstar Sausages)
  3. 1 slice american cheese (the superior cheese for melty sandwiches, fuck y'all).
  4. 1 egg - use egg ring to get a nice circular shape. I just do them over easy but scrambled for massive quantities.
The benefit here is the large cast iron has enough surface area to make like 5 of these at once. and they take like 4 minutes per batch to prepare up. Butter up your pan, crisp the aloha rolls, fake sausage and eggs in egg rings all at the same time. Once you take off the egg ring and flip it over easy, add the cheese slice until it melts up real good.

Perfection.

• 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I don't know why you idiots keep being snooty cheese fags about it. Nobody ever said put it on a cheese platter. Fuck, I wouldn't even make grilled cheese with it. I like me a slab of Tillamook mild cheddar for my grilled cheese sandiwches.

However, when you are making a melty sandwich or burger where the cheese is not the main event. There is nothing better than American. It melts perfectly, doesn't sweat grease and numerous other factors that make it perfect for nothing else other than melty sandwiches with meat.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is why: "American cheese—the kind you get in the individual plastic wrappers—is processed cheese or “cheese food,” meaning it's not actually real cheese. ... In short, Kraft Singles are made with less than 51% actual cheese, so it can't legally be called "cheese."

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Fuck, I wouldn't even make grilled cheese with it.
I was with you right up to here.

Yeah, fancy schmancy cheeses are nice on grilled cheese. But an American cheese grilled cheese sandwich is still delicious.

• 2Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
This is why: "American cheese—the kind you get in the individual plastic wrappers—is processed cheese or “cheese food,” meaning it's not actually real cheese. ... In short, Kraft Singles are made with less than 51% actual cheese, so it can't legally be called "cheese."
Just admit you hate America, Delicious melty cheese, and Freedom, and be done with it.