Gravy's Cooking Thread

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
This is why: "American cheese—the kind you get in the individual plastic wrappers—is processed cheese or “cheese food,” meaning it's not actually real cheese. ... In short, Kraft Singles are made with less than 51% actual cheese, so it can't legally be called "cheese."

Then by definition, Kraft singles are not American Cheese. There is real American Cheese though. It's basically just mild cheddar with some sodium citrate in it to make it melt better.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I have never had real American Cheese. I'll try to find this now. I certainly don't use Kraft singles. Sorry to all who love them, I can't get past either the taste or the consistency.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I have never had real American Cheese. I'll try to find this now. I certainly don't use Kraft singles. Sorry to all who love them, I can't get past either the taste or the consistency.

Just make your own.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The white castle slider version of the breakfast sandwich. 4x can be made on an 18inch cast iron at once.

PXL_20201123_074710663.jpg

• 3Like
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 3 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I don't buy Kraft American cheese. You can usually find proper American cheese in the deli. And yeah, it's definitely the best for sandwiches where you want perfectly melty gooey cheese. American is where it's at for burgers.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Also I want to do this home made but the can stuff isn't too bad. The trick is to grill at least one side so its nice and crispy, almost to the point you can flip it and it stays together like a pancake

91RkK3KKk2L._SL1500_.jpg

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
That looks amazing. What is your recipe?

I started with this but made some changes

I used chicken stock, since I didn't have thing stuff for a shrimp stock. Though that does sound delicious. I also just used two tbsp Cajun seasoning (below) instead of one plus paprika. Last I also used a tbsp of tomato paste and let it caramelize a bit before adding the stock.

For Cajun seasoning I used trusty Emeril

I didn't add salt to the Cajun seasoning, since I like having better control over my salt while cooking. I salt as I go.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users