Gravy's Cooking Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
This looks exactly like what Chysamere used to eat for lunch after Molten Core raids.

Now tonkatsu has completely taken over my suggested videos.

I don't get the vending machine, really. That's so odd. That just replaces ordering, and menus, I guess?

In the second video I have no idea what Yuzu ramen is, but dude is nerding out so hard about it that now I want some

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>

I don't get the vending machine, really. That's so odd. That just replaces ordering, and menus, I guess?

In the second video I have no idea what Yuzu ramen is, but dude is nerding out so hard about it that now I want some

It's so screwed up how the algorithm works. I watched a couple of world of tank videos the other day because somehow they popped up, and I haven't played the game in a long time, but figured hey I'll check it out.

Now I've got four or five different content creators videos always on my landing page. I guess it probably comes down to the power or importance of their advertisers?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sometimes what goes around comes around, and sometimes it just never left.

the way that chef in your ton katsu video just sweeps the crunchies away is criminal. turn those crispy bits into an appetizer or topping or something.

Last edited:
  • 3Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
So... it's Thanksgiving and Mrs. Haus Mrs. Haus volunteers me to bake chocolate chip cookies because apparently her family really likes my baking. Tricking it up this year. Half of them have around a 1cm cube of fudge inserted in the middle.... Regular v. Fudge :
1637809436853.png

• 4Like
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 4 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>

yea i love the vending machine ordering

imagine being an american waitress and having to deal with 2 land whales and their baby seals waddling in, waiting for them to make an order for over 30minutes.

or before you even sit down, you know what you want and youve already paid. eat and get out.

i remember one time at gogo curry we sat down at the counter, they took our tickets and in 30s we had an amazing curry meal.

• 3Like

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
gonna try green bean cassarole, always ate it never made it

just grabbed a 1/lb of greenbeans and cream of mushroom

alton brown corn bread

i'm guessing this should be easy enough to make pumpkin pie, never really made it either
c553410330c24dc0bebbda9f33e8d741.png

i just plan to bake the sweet potatoe, poke holes with fork and put in oven.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Someone just told me about limoncello chicken. Has anyone encountered that? It sounds horrible to me, but they claimed it was delicious.

• 1Barf

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
gonna try green bean cassarole, always ate it never made it

just grabbed a 1/lb of greenbeans and cream of mushroom

alton brown corn bread

i'm guessing this should be easy enough to make pumpkin pie, never really made it either
c553410330c24dc0bebbda9f33e8d741.png

i just plan to bake the sweet potatoe, poke holes with fork and put in oven.
I'm making green bean casserole for the first time tomorrow. I've had it plenty in the past but normally my stepmom who passed away was always the one to make it. For some screwed up reason I've got a hankering for it this holiday, so I figured I'd try my hand. She always use canned green beans and despite the fact I don't really care for canned vegetables, I was always delicious.

We went ahead and bought a big bag of fresh from HEB, cream of mushroom soup, and a ton of baby bellas. Debating on whether or not I'll dust it with a little bit of panko and some Italian cheese. Grabbed the can of fried onions, too. Probably will sweat some sweet onions or shallots, and throw a little Italian parsley with a bit of lemon zest.

If anybody's got a really good recipe though I'm all ears...

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Someone just told me about limoncello chicken. Has anyone encountered that? It sounds horrible to me, but they claimed it was delicious.
I've never heard of it but are they just marinating chicken in limoncello, or is it a clever name for other ingredients?

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
I'm making green bean casserole for the first time tomorrow. I've had it plenty in the past but normally my stepmom who passed away was always the one to make it. For some screwed up reason I've got a hankering for it this holiday, so I figured I'd try my hand. She always use canned green beans and despite the fact I don't really care for canned vegetables, I was always delicious.

We went ahead and bought a big bag of fresh from HEB, cream of mushroom soup, and a ton of baby bellas. Debating on whether or not I'll dust it with a little bit of panko and some Italian cheese. Grabbed the can of fried onions, too. Probably will sweat some sweet onions or shallots, and throw a little Italian parsley with a bit of lemon zest.

It's a comfort nostalgia food.

Stir this shit, cover it in foil, put in oven at 350 for 30 min.
GUEST_37a30210-b0cd-49f7-bbd3-3eafd9e4503c.jpg
81zPnkJZROL._SL1500_.jpg
milk1.png

Remove foil, pile this shit on til some spills over into oven. Heat uncovered 15min.
81mRQnP4X4L._SL1500_.jpg

Done.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
It's a comfort nostalgia food.

Stir this shit, cover it in foil, put in oven at 350 for 30 min.
View attachment 384321View attachment 384322View attachment 384323

Remove foil, pile this shit on til some spills over into oven. Heat uncovered 15min.
View attachment 384324

Done.
I think that's pretty damn close to the recipe in my mom used to make, but I want to try to up the ante for some serious heart inducing cloggage. That I just don't like canned green beans. It's probably the only dish that I'll eat them, that or at a barbecue joint. They just have a weird smell and taste, fresh is just so much better, even if they're a pain in the butt to prep.

• 1Like

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>

oh yea i got some shrooms i can throw in too

yea i was just planning on sautee my onions but i do have that big vat of oil i could just give them a dunk too huh

• 1Like

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
I think that's pretty damn close to the recipe in my mom used to make, but I want to try to up the ante for some serious heart inducing cloggage. That I just don't like canned green beans. It's probably the only dish that I'll eat them, that or at a barbecue joint. They just have a weird smell and taste, fresh is just so much better, even if they're a pain in the butt to prep.
RaT0.gif

• 1Worf

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
We did green bean casserole a few years back. Family wanted traditional, so did it pretty standard but added a layer of tater tots on the bottom. Family thought it wasn't traditional enough, but it was an improvement on a dish I don't usually like.

I don't much like canned cream of mushroom, so was wanting to do more of a scratch mushroom stroganoff style sauce/goop, with the tots on bottom, then cut up homemade onion rings on top.

Never got around to it and family always wants the most boring version possible of everything. We're not allowed to make mashed potatoes now because we made them with a little garlic one time. Black pepper is "spicy"... So, yeah, I get unmotivated.

• 1Like

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

We're making some to bring to a friend's house tomorrow. Fresh beans (pain to wash and cut, but they are better in the end). Your ingredients sound great. Only thing I'd add is cheyenne or chili for some kick. Sometimes I'll add potatoes too, but not as a Thanksgiving side, only if we make it for a lazy meal.

Come to think of it, we've never added cheese. Might have to top with pecorino or parmigiano regiano this time.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Making a sauce. It's intensified lemon chicken I guess.
Can you post a recipe?
We're making some to bring to a friend's house tomorrow. Fresh beans (pain to wash and cut, but they are better in the end). Your ingredients sound great. Only thing I'd add is cheyenne or chili for some kick. Sometimes I'll add potatoes too, but not as a Thanksgiving side, only if we make it for a lazy meal.

Come to think of it, we've never added cheese. Might have to top with pecorino or parmigiano regiano this time.
There's always going to be a shake or two of cayenne in honor of Chef John. That and that little bit of spice really does wake things up. It's why we typically keep a little bit of lemon zest or spritz a bit of lemon or lime juice on stuff. Just gives dishes that little bit of pop that they need to round them out, especially if they're a little richer.

• 1Like