Gravy's Cooking Thread

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Not totally sure where to put this... but this guy is truly a nutjob and mad genius.

• 1Like
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
actually how about you take a picture of what your dinner is now

i mean, are you just eating leaf and bread?
Har har, funny. I'm contributing it to the fact that I really only eat dinner and barely even think about food during the day. If I incorporate lunch and/or breakfast with some eggs, meats etc. then I should be good. Since the work I do is in my office, in the car etc. (really sedentary), I figured Keto or something would be a proper diet that checks the boxes of what I need and want. I was chunky as a kid and and slimmed up while in the military. So I have a bit more fear of becoming chubby again than say, the old board member Wizard hawk has with his concave chest.

Ive needed a mini freezer for a while, so I got one of those at Lowes. Then stopped by the Chef's Store and stocked up on a lot of Chicken, Ham (No honey, brown sugar shit), Turkey etc. I meal prepped a bunch of Chicken with Cajun spices to eat for the remaining weekdays, tonight. So again, Im just looking for ideas cause I can already tell how bland as fuck that'll be when I already dont each lunch. What most of you guys have recommended has been great. Thank you!

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I think you might need to cultivate a love for cooking/eating in addition to fixing your macros. If you force yourself to eat a bunch of bland chicken, you're going to end up resenting it even if it ends up being the right health choice.

As stupid as it might sound, I go to bed looking forward to the morning because it means delicious coffee along with who knows what else. French toast, egg and muffin sandwich, hash, even just cereal or a clif bar. I used to be a fat kid and that mentality of looking forward to a meal never really left. My bloodwork is fine, but I'm sure my day of reckoning is coming. Not too worried about it because I know how to cook a bunch of shit and look forward to eating almost all of it.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Ive eaten keto for years and yeah sometimes it sucks. I kind of fell off the wagon during covid and being forced to work from home because you just get fucking bored. And when I get bored all kinds of food ideas pop into my head so I start making and none of that shit is good for you lol.

It does not seem like you really NEED keto, just an influx of more protein in your diet. Now IDK what your home life is like but I come from a cook at home house so we pretty much cook all of our own shit. IMO its not about recipes but more about changing your life style to eat more rather than dinner.

BTW there is tons of options in the store now for keto. They have keto breads now, keto wraps, and they are not that bad either not like they were back a few years ago, 4-5 g of carbs per and a shit ton of fiber. They are actively stocking this shit too except its a bit pricey. $4-5 per loaf which is like 1/2 loaf lool.

Make yourself some scrambled eggs with sausage onion and peppers, stuff it in some of those keto wraps with cheese and a bit of taco sauce and you have breakfast burrito for mornings and lunch. Wrap them up and stow in the fridge.

Marinade chicken breast, grill them and then slice them up, cheese, some salad mix on there and some ranch or other fave dressing and again, burritos.

Another breakfast fave of mine is taking that keto bread, getting some breakfast sausage patties murica cheese and fried eggs for a great egg sandwich. I do open face but you do whatever. Costco sells a huge sack of those sausage patties for like $8-$10.

Make some personal pizzas with those keto wraps. Tablespoon of your favortite marinara, motz cheese, some pepperoni? and other shit you like on pizza. in the oven at 400 for 10-12min. I mean its not carry out pizza, but good shit.

Last edited:
  • 1Quality Calories
  • 1Solidarity

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Har har, funny. I'm contributing it to the fact that I really only eat dinner and barely even think about food during the day. If I incorporate lunch and/or breakfast with some eggs, meats etc. then I should be good. Since the work I do is in my office, in the car etc. (really sedentary), I figured Keto or something would be a proper diet that checks the boxes of what I need and want. I was chunky as a kid and and slimmed up while in the military. So I have a bit more fear of becoming chubby again than say, the old board member Wizard hawk has with his concave chest.

Ive needed a mini freezer for a while, so I got one of those at Lowes. Then stopped by the Chef's Store and stocked up on a lot of Chicken, Ham (No honey, brown sugar shit), Turkey etc. I meal prepped a bunch of Chicken with Cajun spices to eat for the remaining weekdays, tonight. So again, Im just looking for ideas cause I can already tell how bland as fuck that'll be when I already dont each lunch. What most of you guys have recommended has been great. Thank you!

Avoid sliced/lunch meats (this goes for everyone) and if you are that sedentary, avoid carbs as much as you can. Carbs are very necessary, but mostly if you will burn them off that day. Add more fruit. It's obviously not protein, but it's a helpful balance for energy and fiber.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Har har, funny. I'm contributing it to the fact that I really only eat dinner and barely even think about food during the day. If I incorporate lunch and/or breakfast with some eggs, meats etc. then I should be good. Since the work I do is in my office, in the car etc. (really sedentary)
yea sounds like it's just the wfh blues, protein snacks throughout the day should be good, how are you at jerky? make your own, i smoke a brisket every 3 weeks, it's like lazy jerky heh, i freeze most of it in single meal food containers and nuke it for a quick snack, only the meat, i don't make a sandwich which would be amazingly tastey, maybe have a bed of napa or romaine under it

and you should really think about eggs at 6g of protein a pop, boiled eggs can last a week in the fridge, but they start looking goopy by day 2

• 2Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Guy is so funny. He's so absolutely hateable that I want to like him just to be contrarian. I just can't do it.

Gotta respect the guy for making a career out of literally just eating food on camera and going "oh man, WOW, man that is SO GOOD" even if he does frost his hair

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Guy is so funny. He's so absolutely hateable that I want to like him just to be contrarian. I just can't do it.

Gotta respect the guy for making a career out of literally just eating food on camera and going "oh man, WOW, man that is SO GOOD" even if he does frost his hair
he's the only winner of foodnetwork star to actually become a star
1c80b647cbaddd90977d909844a26af2.png

• 2Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Guy is a meme and a bit of a caricature for sure, but I can't see how people hate the dude. He's a legitimately charitable person, between his restaurant relief efforts during covid shit and cooking for first responders on multiple occasions during wildfires, etc.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

Guy is a meme and a bit of a caricature for sure, but I can't see how people hate the dude. He's a legitimately charitable person, between his restaurant relief efforts during covid shit and cooking for first responders on multiple occasions during wildfires, etc.
Anytime Ive seen or heard hate about Guy is because he looks like a clown and/or the person takes cooking very seriously. ie. Big name chefs.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
FWIW I spoke strictly in terms of watching his shows. I agree, everything I've read about him suggests he's a good person. That character he plays is just unwatchable.

• 1Solidarity

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
A reprehensible character that has given rise to several quality memes. Is he redeemable even on that comparison alone?

I can't take my wife to Flavortown without Guy Fieri having existed.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
he's the only winner of foodnetwork star to actually become a star
1c80b647cbaddd90977d909844a26af2.png
Jeff Mauro is popular, he's been on the show The Kitchen for years. And I remember seeing Melissa d'Arabian for awhile.

Jeff has opened some restaurants around the suburbs of Chicago too maybe that's why I think he's more popular than he really is... and I just googled them and looks like they all went bankrupt in 2019.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>

Are you tracking your calories/macros, hard to improve if you don’t know.

I know this is mainly about food, but a little bit of exercise goes a long way to improve a lot of stuff you described. You mentioned being mostly sedentary, even a 5 minute walk in the morning has a ridiculous amount of benefits.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Are you tracking your calories/macros, hard to improve if you don’t know.

I know this is mainly about food, but a little bit of exercise goes a long way to improve a lot of stuff you described. You mentioned being mostly sedentary, even a 5 minute walk in the morning has a ridiculous amount of benefits.
I own a property management company. I get my steps in when I visit properties or do any real estate. Plus I dont drink in any meaningful way and have never smoked - so Im already above a huge portion of the population hehe. But yes, solid advice.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I own a property management company. I get my steps in when I visit properties or do any real estate. Plus I dont drink in any meaningful way and have never smoked - so Im already above a huge portion of the population hehe. But yes, solid advice.
youre a gamer
get a fitbit, pedometer (is this how it's spelled?) watch to just track your steps everyday, you'll want to at least hit 10k like doing a moba daily

Daidraco

youre a gamer
get a fitbit, pedometer (is this how it's spelled?) watch to just track your steps everyday, you'll want to at least hit 10k like doing a moba daily
10k steps a day? 2300 is roughly a mile isnt it? I aint trying to go back in the military - I may be a gamer but Im no lard ass lol.

LiquidDeath LiquidDeath - The Keto Twins are fucking terrible cooks - I watched a handful of videos because I couldnt stop watching them failboat to the finish line lol. But their stuff still looked delicious, surprisingly.

• 1Worf

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
10k steps a day? 2300 is roughly a mile isnt it? I aint trying to go back in the military - I may be a gamer but Im no lard ass lol.

LiquidDeath LiquidDeath - The Keto Twins are fucking terrible cooks - I watched a handful of videos because I couldnt stop watching them failboat to the finish line lol. But their stuff still looked delicious, surprisingly.

Yes, they are fucking hopeless. Which just goes to show that anyone can actually lose weight if they put in some goddamn effort. Also, if they can do it and turn out some good food, you certainly should be able to do it.

The fact that as many of their recipes turn out correctly as they do leads me to believe they must have hundreds of hours of footage of failed recipes.