Gravy's Cooking Thread

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I mean short ribs make for great stews and soups as well but just making stock with them and throwing away the meat? Are you a millionaire or something?

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
The only way I make short ribs is to braise them in red wine and beef stock for like 4 hours and then reduce the liquid for a sauce. It's about the best thing I know how to make.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Latest brisket came out awesome. Cheap pellet grill doing work. Next time I'm doing full-on burnt ends.

IMG_20200308_165311.jpg

IMG_20200308_165320.jpg

IMG_20200308_165758.jpg

• 4Like
  • 2Quality Calories
Reactions: 5 users

LiquidDeath

Did you wrap it?

Yes.

Trimmed aggressively on the meat side and to about 1/8 inch on the fat side, seasoned both sides with Worcestershire first than Head Country Championship Seasoning.
10:30pm - 8:30am at 200 degrees on the pellet smoker. (spritzed with water twice during cooking, once at 1:30am and again at 5:30am)
Wrapped in foil, but no additional liquid added.
8:30am - 3:00pm at 200 degrees inside in the oven.
Pulled and checked for temperature/tenderness, was probe tender at a temp of 204 degrees.
Wrapped top with another layer of foil to block probe holes. (probably unnecessary)
3:00pm - 5:00pm in a cooler wrapped in towels.

LiquidDeath

Nice. Looks like you nailed it.

Thanks!

I really like this method of bringing it inside and finishing in the oven. It helps not to have to tend the smoker/grill if you don't have to and takes a lot of the stress out of the cook.

I remember 10 years ago that home cooked brisket was some magic thing that required meticulous attention to timing and temperature to perfect. It turns out all of that was bullshit and now there are dozens of ways to cook a delicious brisket detailed in video on Youtube, you just have to find the method that suits you.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
gonna try pulled pork char siu with instapot dunno how it's gonna go since it's REALLY sugary

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
gonna try pulled pork char siu with instapot dunno how it's gonna go since it's REALLY sugary

I did a pulled pork with bbq and dr pepper that came out great in the instant pot, dunno if it's comparable. One thing you can do is turn it to saute when its done to reduce/thicken it if you want.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I did a pulled pork with bbq and dr pepper that came out great in the instant pot, dunno if it's comparable. One thing you can do is turn it to saute when its done to reduce/thicken it if you want.
yea thats how i finished it, except i used a cast iron pan, i know i hate using more than 1 pot/pan, but i wanted to crust up/char the pull pork so i reduce in the pan and finished in the broiler for 10mins. turned out great, a bit salty actually, which is weird, since i didn't use much salt, i'll decrease the soy i guess, it must be something to do w/ being in a pressure cooker vs. just as a marinade.

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Blast from the past. I "learned" how to mispell Ga-ron-tee from this show.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Made this today

Tasty af. I'd do the lemon to taste tho. Maybe more spice too.

1584311710268.png

• 3Like
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 3 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Went to the grocery store to stock up on some things since I'm see a lot of homecooking in my future and it's very hard to do with so many select products off the shelves. Practically no dairy to be found except for fancy cheese. Which I bought along with a bunch of cured meats and some fruit. Many charcuterie spreads are in my future.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Went to the grocery store to stock up on some things since I'm see a lot of homecooking in my future and it's very hard to do with so many select products off the shelves. Practically no dairy to be found except for fancy cheese. Which I bought along with a bunch of cured meats and some fruit. Many charcuterie spreads are in my future.
how is chinatown stocked up so far over there?

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Didn't walk that way. Went to my upscale Nob Hill neighborhood spot. But I should check Chinatown.

LiquidDeath

Celebrating today's OKC quarantine announcement with some gumbo.

It is coming together nicely...

IMG_20200317_170652.jpg

IMG_20200317_170641.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users