Gravy's Cooking Thread

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Smoker > sous vide > everything else
That reminds me...does anyone have suggestions on smokers?

I may not want to sous vide anything, but I will totally smoke tons and tons of delicious meats.

I was thinking about something electric, due to thinking that electric might be less hassle. But I'm not sure about having to worry about the efficiency of an electric, either. In the end I guess it really doesn't matter if it's propane, charcoal, pellet, or what.

Kiki

Log Wizard
Alot of us have pit bosses. Pellet grill regardless. Dump pellets in, plug it in, set temp, done.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
That reminds me...does anyone have suggestions on smokers?

There's a dedicated thread for that.

Pellet grills are the easiest thing to use and gets outstanding results. If you don't want to spend the money for one, electric or propane will get the job done for probably half the price.

This is where you go to learn everything about BBQ.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
yea i chose my pellet grill b/c it was a simple "dial" smoke, different temps, shutdown mode, thats it i didn't want no wifi in it or digital shit to fuck it up, i saw reviews on how ppl had to read other codes and shit and press two buttons to goto smoke mode. no fucking way!

i just bought 4 probe wifi that i kept track of shit, worked fine, i did NOT like the turkey i smoked tho, the skin turned to rubber, like if i needed to make shoes, i'd use that turkey skin.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Turn it all the way up for the last 15 minutes (500 degrees or whatever it will go to) and if you want to you can even flip it over to get the skin crisped up more.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I was more commenting on the pretentiousness in the video. Sourdough starters are not common not because people don't know how to make one.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I was more commenting on the pretentiousness in the video. Sourdough starters are not common not because people don't know how to make one.
yea i swore off cooking vids where dudes look like faggots

i mean i've been playing w/ my smoker and all the vids i'm watching are big beefy guys talkin about their secret rubs n shit, zero guys with a top bun.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
yea i swore off cooking vids where dudes look like faggots

i mean i've been playing w/ my smoker and all the vids i'm watching are big beefy guys talkin about their secret rubs n shit, zero guys with a top bun.

What you don't know wont hurt you. Just never look into how many of those gravel voiced harry fucks wear assless chaps to the Bears and Dolls days at their local Blue Oyster. The cult of Bacon says nothing about rainbows.

D5tQJMyWsAAvnad.jpg