Gravy's Cooking Thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Mario Battalli may have been a metooing dude in the kitchen (lawl, the media has never worked in a kitchen) but I'd trust his work over most chefs.
mario-awesome.gif

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I honestly can't believe that Soygen Soygen changed his sig before you made this post.

WTF
I never had a sig. I forget who, but you're thinking of someone with my quote in their signature. I stand by that quote. American cheese on a hamburger is peak cuisine.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
you don't like cheese dip?
445934297d904e442ee5946fa9f3101c.jpg
Typically not a fan.
I won’t make it myself, but if I’m at a sporting event or the like I might have some just cause you kinda have to, it’s tradition.

However, I prefer nachos with shredded cheeses melted on top of them.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team

Shit is comedy gold, what am I supposed to do?

I'm not one that normally shills BBQ sauce because everyone has their own tastes but I recommend you guys give this stuff a shot, it's so well done and unique that I can't even describe it to you other than a must try.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
American the absolute best cheese there is for burgers, grilled cheese, and queso.
It is known.
Dont foerget the brekfast egg and sausage sammies too. Ive tried all sorts of chesses but american just got that certain oomph others dont.

• 2Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've subbed out american cheese for muenster cheese in almost all instances that'd you'd use american.

• 2Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Needing a new oven, which means I've been looking at induction cooktops. Always been stuck with provided electric ranges, but now I'm looking to upgrade kitchen appliances. Definite want induction (maybe gas later when I do renovations).

Most of the largest induction cooktop burners are 11". Samsung has 12". Largest All Clad pan is 12 inch, so 11" base, but really want a larger burner and pan for searing two larger steaks or 4 burgers. Or maybe I could use the bridged griddle burners? Any experience? Thoughts?

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
My brother has an induction range and he likes it but I don't think I'd have one myself. Besides not being able to use aluminum pans at all, it doesn't really work that well with thinner pans of any sort, even carbon steel pans or woks. It's great with cast iron or a nice thick bottomed pan and gets real hot real fast, but when I have used it to sear steak I found it to work a little too well and filled the house with smoke. Haven't used it a whole lot but nothing about it makes me want to switch from gas.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user