Grim Dawn

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
So if I found this boring playing through the campaign once after the full release, will I enjoy the game yet? Did they make decent loot less RNG? Did they make respeccing a thing? Is there a non-campaign mode of the map so I don't have to deal with all the traveling and gates from the main quests if I want to make a new character?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
So if I found this boring playing through the campaign once after the full release, will I enjoy the game yet? Did they make decent loot less RNG? Did they make respeccing a thing? Is there a non-campaign mode of the map so I don't have to deal with all the traveling and gates from the main quests if I want to make a new character?

No to all.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Is there full respec yet in this for stats etc?

Only with a cheat tool. If you can use one without abusing it, it’s great. Some people say they can’t help themselves and go power crazy, then claim the tool ruined the game (even though they were the one telling the tool what to do).

Built into the game you can only respec the constellations and skill points spent on abilities. Can’t respec stats or actual class points.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Citz

Silver Squire
Isn't there a new quest in the expansion that lets you reset your class points to 1? You can't switch class though.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, one of the first towns you get to gives you a potion to reset devotion and a potion to reset your skill points you've spent on your class trees.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How is this game compared to other aarpgs like PoE and D3?
It's a lot slower in my experience. Other then that it's got a better story then those but not by a ton. Everything else is similar because it's still an arpg.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
How is this game compared to other aarpgs like PoE and D3?
It's almost eerily close to TQ, I know it was made by the guys, but they haven't really improved much. The worst part is that there is no random terrain, otherwise it's a single player ARPG whereas the competition embraced servers and leagues. I'd say both PoE and D3 have innovated much more.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Agree with the above. This is like TQ2. It has a lot of quality of life improvements but the gameplay isn’t changed much. The skills and synergies are much deeper, character customization via item skills, etc. it’s a much richer and modern version of TQ.

The downside is there isn’t competition if you like that. Self found playstyle is more viable than POE. The gameplay is slower than D3. If you like solo item farming, GD is the game for you. It also works well with a friend or two, but it’s not designed around that. It really just depends which game style you prefer, I’ve played them all and they all have their positives and negatives. My dad and a friend prefer GD, have a friend that prefers D3. They all like/hate POE.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone have a good DK they've already made? Synergy so far for Necro and Soldier is kinda bland but I have no idea what kind of legendaries they have yet.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Malmouth lookin good. Taking a cabalist up from 64 (I had only put points in Occultist so I could Respec and pic up next), I had him parked at Log on Elite to do the xpac without some decked out 85 on ultimate. I'm avoiding all spoilers and going home brew for now.

Inquisitor + demolitionist with lightning/fire looks crazy good.

The new cinematics they added throughout are actually good imo so far esp the new intro.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
We dove into the new content for a couple hours last night on Epic w/ our level ~63 toons. I'm already kinda sick of plants and poison, lol.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I restarted a new char to enjoy the necro stuff but wondering, can you access the new zones in each difficulty? Like will they be accessible at the end of act4 on normal too or do I need to get my ass to Elite first?

So far liking Necro summoner, the skeletons are pretty cool, feels more summoner than the old builds with all the stuff on the screen too.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
New zones I'd expect are available at every difficulty. We only did elite because we literally just beat it earlier this week and that's where our highest characters are at progression-wise.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I restarted a new char to enjoy the necro stuff but wondering, can you access the new zones in each difficulty? Like will they be accessible at the end of act4 on normal too or do I need to get my ass to Elite first?

So far liking Necro summoner, the skeletons are pretty cool, feels more summoner than the old builds with all the stuff on the screen too.

Yes, you can access the AoM zones as soon as you beat Loghorrean for the first time

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yes, you can access the AoM zones as soon as you beat Loghorrean for the first time
K nice, going slowly because I'm still doing the "I must discover all the map" leveling, which is probably fucking stupid but I like it. I also noticed they added a bunch of new areas since last time I played at launch. Like side high difficulty areas, kinda like the steps of whatever with the skeleton key(this one was at launch, but they added some others).

Good thing I don't play HC though cause I tried to do the steps at lvl 32 and shit was 40 or whatever, and the last boss in there actually one shot me. Not hit really hard then die to dot or whatever but literally just one shot. Only death so far, I'm 40 now, Necro is pretty cool and strong. The Reap move thing at the end of the tree is also not a melee attack like I assumed, so that's great. I thought it was going to be a weapon based attack since it does like 25%weap dmg and since I'm forced to use a stupid scepter for spell things I thought I'd have to melee, but apparently it's just a random long range attack which spawns yet another summon, so I'm happy with it. Now that I have maxed the Necro tree I'll probably start working towards the Occultist tree, need to get that Blood of Dreeg shit and the dog.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I'm almost 70 and messing with the poison route + skeletons proccing the abom puddle

After I max the resist debuff on curse of frailty I'm gonna try out that necro poison eruption. I need something spammier than plague to proc Revenant.

Caliane

K nice, going slowly because I'm still doing the "I must discover all the map" leveling, which is probably fucking stupid but I like it. I also noticed they added a bunch of new areas since last time I played at launch. Like side high difficulty areas, kinda like the steps of whatever with the skeleton key(this one was at launch, but they added some others).

yeah, I was wondering if I should have mentioned that. There have been a number of free updates/content, since launch. People might have missed a few. not full acts. but new areas/dungeons/bosses/items.

East march added at some point. East of Burwitch. and "the hidden path"
Port Valbury added . Conflagration, northeast of Homestead to journey there.