Grim Dawn

Kiki

Log Wizard
I tried to make a pet class with the original and gave up. Now I can actually play this game the entire way through. 10/10

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Not sure where this Aetherial Mutagen I got came from but need 9 more to make a sick helm.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
So... to farm gear that Grim Wiki doesn't say is a blueprint from some faction... just run around and blow up rares/bosses/the 3 skeleton key dungeons? The game natually slant it towards gear for my class with a mix of the rest for some flavor?

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Ya those are great xp grinds too.

I went back to the rift north of tomb of watchers to grind up to 94 and I'm getting Barrowholm faction from it atm after maxing Kymon Chosen there in vanilla.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
So... to farm gear that Grim Wiki doesn't say is a blueprint from some faction... just run around and blow up rares/bosses/the 3 skeleton key dungeons? The game natually slant it towards gear for my class with a mix of the rest for some flavor?

It doesn’t slant towards your class. You will get more random shit you don’t want than stuff you do. It’s not as bad as POE, but it’s full RNG. The game lends itself very well to people who have multiple characters and use shared stash.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
This game worth a play through for the story mode if I enjoy D2/D3/PoE?

My biggest issue is I didn't like going back from D3 to the PoE/D2 style. This has been great though, 74 hours in the last 3-4 weeks. Don't have a max level character (currently 71, max is 100, have a couple toons in their teens/20s that I've spent maybe an hour or two each on), haven't finished the expansion content that was released last week, and haven't touched the hardest difficulty or much of the crucible (150 waves of bad guys, tons o' loot).

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Need to link the conversion of damage types stuff here too, couldn't find all that old stuff.

Grim Dawn DoTs for Dummies: A Primer - Grim Dawn Forums

Ultimate difficulty Malmouth seems to be tuned juuuust right and it's progression content, trash for the most part is meaningful and can kill you. I prefer this over face rolling PoE trash until my eyes bleed with the occasional one shot combo pack or bearers snuck in there to kill me mid road hypnosis.

Killed an optional poison "mountain" of a boss and a giant weed fucker in an unmarked cave. Both gave steam achieves. Mountain fucker was especially fun to kite with his lil enrage and summon stunning adds mechanic. I kept telling myself "ok last attempt then I'll figure out some stun resist." Took me a few hours to perfect the killing strat, feels good to not have spoiler strats on everything and figure it out yourself.

I've also summoned a wendigo spirit they told me not to summon (took a faction hit lol, weird to not play an on rails game with consequences for decisions right). I do what I want.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Ravager and Avatar of Mogdrogen down in Ultimate lvl 100

Who else playin and what lvl?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I'm like 96 on my summoner Cabalist, halfway through the expansion areas on Ultimate, going pretty well so far, other than the stupid retarded Nemesis beast, luckily as summoner I can just outrun it since it bugs out trying to hit summons on the way until it "loses" me.

It's pretty fun but I doubt I'll keep playing after I finish on Ultimate, don't care much about the "gods" stuff and don't care too much about gearing the char more, it already kinda melts most stuff with mostly greens. It's fine though, was well worth the money I spent on the expansion, actually played the game a lot more with the expansion than I did the original.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Pet attack command is so good for summoners, also for sending them ahead to aggro shit for u. I got some expendable skellies in my cab build to soak plague raged mobs.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Pet attack command is so good for summoners, also for sending them ahead to aggro shit for u. I got some expendable skellies in my cab build to soak plague raged mobs.
Yeah honestly pet control is so much better in this than PoE it's pretty stupid. Especially since the pet command isn't taking a fucking gem slot or has a 8 seconds fucking cooldown. Want to move shit out of an aoe, sure, want to move shit in melee range so they can shotgun their aoes, sure, want to focus that one particular fuck, sure, want to send them ahead to aggro shit so you don't get raped, sure. Can do everything.

Also you get a lot more pets than a general poe build, unless counting stupid shit like SRS or AW. It's like 10skeletons which actually follow you and are useful, 2 big guys with a bunch of skills(blight fiend and hound), one support pet(crow) and then a bunch of temporary pets depending on items and devotions, I have like 1-5skeletons from a devotion, 5 scarabs shit from a relic, Wraith from Reap Spirit and for a while I had a pet proc on my offhand that had an aoe buff+heal and before that a permanent skeleton with an aoe absorb shield.

Also kinda feel good about having to use a bunch of different skills to proc every devotion/apply everything, instead of like one spell to curse.

Definitely cool systems.

On the other hand I hate playing a melee in this, it's clunky as fuck for some reason. The lack of movement skill is also kinda annoying and makes maxing movement speed a huge priority but it's not that easy to do so unless you have a skill for it.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Think u need to see what the fuck is goins on with my melee sometime, I can probably change your mind.

Easily my fave char to play after first maining a chaos aether ray guy. Only clunky ability feels like the blade shield, doesn't feel quite right getting it to trigger sometimes.

Last edited:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Not Grim Dawn related but same devs so bumping this since not sure it's worth a new thread. They released a new expansion for Titan Quest, the older game they made:
Seems kinda expensive for such an old game though even if it looks pretty meaty, will probably wait for a sale though.

Also they patched Grim Dawn but nothing too interesting just a bunch of balance changes and bug fixes.

• 1Like

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Pretty sure Crate wasn't working on the new TQ expansion. Appears to be "THQ" tho admittedly I didn't dig too deep for info

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Nah you are right. Crate did not do this new TQ expansion. Crate are ex-TQ devs is the only TQ relationship.

If it wasn’t so expensive I would probably pick it up. TQ was one of my favorite ARPGs, mostly due to the setting, I just really liked it. It hasn’t aged well though, it’s slow and kind of clunky. It’s really hard to go back to when you have Grim Dawn being such a well made successor. You really miss all the QoL improvements they’ve made.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Just bought this game this weekend, pretty fun so far. Enjoying it. Tons to learn, new world and builds to explore...

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
New patch added a new dungeon today.... also tons of gear and class changes...

A new roguelike dungeon: the Ancient Grove, has been added in Ugdenbog. Once the haven of the beast god Mogdrogen, this sacred place has become tainted by the corrupting presence of the Aetherials and the Chthonians. Venture inside and face off against grave new dangers, and powerful unique rewards.
Featured within the Ancient Grove are 4 new Monster Infrequents, 2 new Unique items and a new Mythical Relic Blueprint for you to hunt down from its 6 new bosses and mini-bosses, including one special spawn that appears only on Ultimate difficulty!
Chest Loot Tables have been revised to generate less equipment, but the equipment that does drop is far more likely to be of Rare quality. Also increased the drop rate of Components and Potions from chests. These changes include Boss/Hero Loot Orbs.

And so on...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users