Grim Dawn

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
yeah, I was wondering if I should have mentioned that. There have been a number of free updates/content, since launch. People might have missed a few. not full acts. but new areas/dungeons/bosses/items.

East march added at some point. East of Burwitch. and "the hidden path"
Port Valbury added . Conflagration, northeast of Homestead to journey there.
Yeah some of that was in when I played, the east march was. Hidden path is new, Valbury yeah.

They also changed some drop rates on a bunch of stuff since I last played. I'm getting quite a lot of recipes, when originally I got like 3 total clearing the game on normal other than quest rewards, but I've gotten 6-8 already which is pretty good since it sucks not having any relic to craft otherwise. I crafted one that's at least kinda useful for summoner(it gives an aura, so it affects pets although it isn't very good synergy since it adds phys dmg but better than fucking nothing like last time). Dynamites look more common too which is nice. I also feel like Shrines used to require having components on you back when I played but now they pull from the stash(including shared one), so I haven't had to go grab shit to activate a shrine yet, I just hit them all and that's a lot less annoying.

Caliane

yeah, again, thought about mentioning that. ha.
recipe drop rate massively buffed.

Especially from "troves". Troves are the chests with chains, that use dynamite. that have random spawn locations, in dungeons, and on the map. reset with every new game start.
These were massively buffed. have guaranteed high quality crafting drops. and high drop rates for recipes.

And yes, dynamite buffed as well. Still mostly from the various mines. but, yeah, a cronley run should be 3-5.

there has been a good amount of skill buffing also.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
yeah, I was wondering if I should have mentioned that. There have been a number of free updates/content, since launch. People might have missed a few. not full acts. but new areas/dungeons/bosses/items.

East march added at some point. East of Burwitch. and "the hidden path"
Port Valbury added . Conflagration, northeast of Homestead to journey there.

Act 4 was actually the first expansion, it was free. No one will miss it though playing through.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Started this again now. Never beat it before, gotten near through act 2 every time I have played, last time I stopped due to the expansion coming soon.

Doing Necro / Shaman now since they look like they have some synergy with the pets and 2h skills. Only done act 1 so far, but killed everything easier than I have with any other character. I assume the skill will scale down eventually as mobs get more HP, but that AE summon spikes from the ground skill is crazy early on. With just one point it scales 115% of your weapon, which with a 2h weapon does 200-500 damage from as early as you can get the skill. All act 1 messages of "A much more powerful enemy than you is here" has resulted in max 1 use of a health potion.

Wondering if I should put 50 points into Shaman for the Primal pet which is crazy powerful from the little I've played with it before, or try the necro tree. Most points so far have been in Shaman to get Briarthorn to 16.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Farm aether crystals, respec and experiment with the tool tips (talent trees to see secondary effect dmg)

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Shaman is all you need to pretty much get through the entire game. The cone blood/siphon spell alone does enough spammed damage to keep you at full and kill everything, combine it with the healing pulse totem (that also buffs it) and you can't really be killed until way later when things get one-shotty.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Ya I got wendigo totem on my trickster it is dope, good for constellation procs too

Marv

Golden Squire
I just bought this with a friend but we got other games on the backlog. Would you guys say i should just wait for a sale (maybe halloween) or vanilla is good enough to play without the expansion?

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I just bought this with a friend but we got other games on the backlog. Would you guys say i should just wait for a sale (maybe halloween) or vanilla is good enough to play without the expansion?
I think you will have a pretty good idea whether the game is for you just by playing the vanilla version.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Anyone seen a free trainer around? Just re-downloaded this for shits and giggles to try the new class and my entire characters are all gone and not fucking starting from scratch again. Any i found didn't work with new expansion, just looking for a few tweaks not item creation or shit

Caliane

[Tool] Grim Dawn Trained Hard - Grim Dawn Forums

doesnt look like its updated for the expac yet. not sure if it will break anything. this is the one I used when I wanted to drop a class entirely.

Thread said gd stash was updated. and allows some character changes. not sure what exactly. never used this one.
[Tool] GD Stash - Grim Dawn Forums

I THINK GD defiler is a char editor? I mean.. the guy doesnt actually say what his mod does...
its updated, according to his forum post.[Tool] GD Defiler - Grim Dawn Forums

Last edited:

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Thanks. Trying to remember details on this game, going to try and make just a full own pet class with Necro + Occultist; spirit vs physical for stats i guess it doesnt really matter as stats don't go to pets right? So might as well go more physical for extra HP and just pick one of the damage abilities that is phyiscal so i can do something while my double tree's worth of pets rape.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I installed GD stash to clean out my shit without using mules and it does have a character edit part where you can specify most shit. Doesn't come with gear in the database though, I assume however you could find a file to import with all the gear.

For stats it's pretty much the same for everyone I think, you dump everything in phys and only take the bare minimum to equip gear in the rest. Like for endgame as a caster the bare minimum is like 8 or 9points in spirit, and everything else into phys. Especially as a summoner yeah.

Im leveling Necro/Occultist atm, it's very easy(although the minor patch supposedly nerfed skeletons early game a little bit, although I doubt it's very important). You want to max skeletons and the 2nd passive which lets you summon more, and then kinda whatever, everything can more or less stay at 1 so you might as well grab various stuff for utility. Since you can respec devotions now too it's worth it grabbing a bunch of ones with like active skills to put on pet and respec lategame for a better build.

This is what I'm uysing as a base Unimaginative Skelemancer Cabalist - Grim Dawn Forums but for now while lvling I'm doing entirely different devotions since I don't like his choices for leveling. For endgame it's apparently better but yeah atm I have like scorpion sting and elemental storm for example, elemental storm works a lot better on skeletons until you have enough points that you summon the melee ones more consistently imo.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
Are you able to change class now? Like I don't really like the two sub-classes I pick but I beat the game anyway, Can I change my sub-class? I don't want to replay all the ACT...

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Are you able to change class now? Like I don't really like the two sub-classes I pick but I beat the game anyway, Can I change my sub-class? I don't want to replay all the ACT...
Not ingame no. You can however do it with an external program.

I'm using GD Stash for like, storing shit and what not and it can be used as a cheat program too. There's an actual trainer that's simpler to use for this but not sure if it was updated.

For GD Stash you need to go to the forums to find it, needs Java to run, you load all your shit, make a copy of your Documents/My Games/Grim Dawn dir in case shit goes wrong.

Now log in on your char, spec out of all your shit in Devil's Crossing(you don't have to but if you don't, you'll retain the skills which is pretty broken, and also annoying when you're selecting skills to assign devotion/ to your bar and you don't get the skill points back), log out to save. Load the char in GD stash, remove all your mastery points then add them to your Skill points(otherwise you just lose them), and when you relog it'll let you select classes again.

You should have all your skill points to use if you did it this way. If there's some missing you can just re-add them, can also reset the cost of your respecs, or just edit your money. Can do a lot of stuff really with it even though it isn't really dedicated to it. Like max shitty reputations or just dupe/generate items.

Just tested with my old char and it seemed to work fine.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Some of these fucking bosses on ultimate, god.

Duo as trickster/druid atm and going for lvl 94 before trying to break into Malmouth so we can wear some of these drops we got.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Does the generic +elemental damage apply to like all types, fire/cold/electric etc?

Caliane

flat elemental is 1/3 of each yeah.
like +100 elemental is 33 cold, 33 fire, 33 elec.

% elem is 100% to each... I think.

Most sources of +damage add in this game btw.
like, 1000% elem damage from Spirit, +300% cold damage ON a skill itself, and +500% cold damage on gear. = +1900% cold damage.
It all adds together. there are VERY few multipliers for damage. Like maivens. Total damage modified by -10%. that multiplies.