Grim Dawn

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
really needs to be a way to reset your classes

You can if you really want. There’s a third party tool to do it. I’ve done that before when I had a higher level character I wasn’t happy with. Works fine.

I’d prefer they did it in game though. That and shitty item stash are both pretty annoying things they refuse to fix.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Can't wait

It’s out now. Popped up a couple hours ago on GOG and steam.

Good time to get new people in too, main game is only $7, expansions are 30% off.

Last edited:

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
my shit won't open after the expansion, just hangs. tried steam integrity ect. dl'n new vid drivers now

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
You can if you really want. There’s a third party tool to do it. I’ve done that before when I had a higher level character I wasn’t happy with. Works fine.

I’d prefer they did it in game though. That and shitty item stash are both pretty annoying things they refuse to fix.

whats the tool?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I am really digging this expansion. I like the theme, the new class, the quest options, the new mobs. You can skip through difficulties now too with potions or something, haven't tried out how that works yet.

Glad it lived up to my personal hype.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
For anyone that cares about all the loot they pick up and have no idea if it's decent or not I recommend this 'mod'. It is not a full on mod so it doesn't mess with achievements or anything. It just color codes your prefixes, suffixes, and main item so you know the rarity of the prefix and suffix itself. It can be confusing if you don't know what you're looking at because it is possible for a green (Rare) item to appear fully yellow with this mod, because the prefix, base item, and suffix are all Yellow (Magic). If you make the in game loot filter only show green (Rare) and above it won't be an issue, just pick up all items knowing they are all actually green items.

Make sure you go to the Last page of the thread and tab backwards until you find the latest updated version. The OP doesn't post anymore, others keep it up to date now.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I suppose it is hard to make an expansion that starts off challenging for a character that is level 100 with awesome gear. I don't really want to play a new character right out of the gate, so I'm probably going to steamroll for a bit. Oh well. The mobs are already over level 100, so I'm assuming they'll get even higher, even though I can't level up any more.

I do wish I were good at making memes though, as I'd make one that depicted TFW you find a false wall by accident and remember Grim Dawn has hidden areas, and suddenly your cursor is wiggling all over the fucking screen looking for more.

EDIT: Hard crashed out of the Shattered Portal thingie on like level 3. Game just went black and then threw me back to desktop. Could just be a fluke, but who knows.

Last edited:

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I suppose it is hard to make an expansion that starts off challenging for a character that is level 100 with awesome gear. I don't really want to play a new character right out of the gate, so I'm probably going to steamroll for a bit. Oh well. The mobs are already over level 100, so I'm assuming they'll get even higher, even though I can't level up any more.

I do wish I were good at making memes though, as I'd make one that depicted TFW you find a false wall by accident and remember Grim Dawn has hidden areas, and suddenly your cursor is wiggling all over the fucking screen looking for more.

EDIT: Hard crashed out of the Shattered Portal thingie on like level 3. Game just went black and then threw me back to desktop. Could just be a fluke, but who knows.

Have you tried the shattered realm yet with your max char after the crash? I have a few at 100 but haven’t played expansion with them yet. Started last night with my mid 30s I had saved points for the new class and was having a good time so kept going with him. I did the shattered realm once, it was fun, made it to 3rd or 4th level. It’s like the crucible set on a dungeon crawl, I like it.

Still loving the setting and mobs. The lava areas look great. I really like how they varied the mobs abilities this time. My biggest complaint with the last expansion was the entire damn thing was poison. Excited to see the builds people come up with for the new class, his abilities are fun.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Leveled a fire Oath (went Templar) and had a pal who did the poison/vit conversion one (went Sentinel)

Both are so well done, great class

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Leveled a fire Oath (went Templar) and had a pal who did the poison/vit conversion one (went Sentinel)

Both are so well done, great class

Agree, my dad and I are both loving it. They nailed this one, it’s a blast.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Have you tried the shattered realm yet with your max char after the crash? I have a few at 100 but haven’t played expansion with them yet. Started last night with my mid 30s I had saved points for the new class and was having a good time so kept going with him. I did the shattered realm once, it was fun, made it to 3rd or 4th level. It’s like the crucible set on a dungeon crawl, I like it.

Still loving the setting and mobs. The lava areas look great. I really like how they varied the mobs abilities this time. My biggest complaint with the last expansion was the entire damn thing was poison. Excited to see the builds people come up with for the new class, his abilities are fun.
Nah, it was close enough to bedtime that I felt it was a sign that I should at least attempt to get a decent night's sleep for a change. I plan to hit it fairly hard tonight and this weekend though, so I'll report back.

It did fuck me up a bit at first because I wasted a bunch of time on the first level not realizing I was supposed to take the portal to the next level. I thought it was a portal back out. And the timer stays the same level after level, which I'm not really a fan of. If I clear a level and just happen to be at the furthest point away from the portal, I don't like that I have to waste a bunch of time getting to it, which counts against me on the next level. However, to be fair, I only got a couple of levels so maybe it is like the Crucible where eventually I'll have way more time than I need.

I do really like everything I've seen so far, it just isn't anything "difficult" for a character that, in theory, is exactly what most people would be bringing into this expansion. After all these years, tons of people are going to be level 100 and decked out in gear; hopefully it isn't required that I start a new character to fully appreciate the new stuff. But again, only done a few quests, so who knows. Maybe it gets really hard later on.

Oh, and not getting any new points from shrines is kind of a pisser. I do them because I'm programmed to, but with my loot filter I'm lucky if I get anything better than some component pieces. No new points to spend, no new levels, etc.

I know I sound like I'm unhappy, but I'm not. It just points out the glaring difficulty in providing an expansion that doesn't allow character progression beyond what the normal game does. Unless there is something I'm unaware of, the only things I really have to look forward to are some new faction items/augments (like the movement skill ones) and perhaps some minor upgrades in terms of gear. And given that 4 of my armor pieces make a set (Avenger set), I'm probably not even going to change out much gear until I get something exponentially better.

I will probably make a new character at some point just to try it out, but I remember it taking a long fucking time, way longer than Path of Exile, so not really excited about doing the whole story another 3 times.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Hmm this is Titan Quest version, there is a GD version, i assume i should get that?

jsquirrel

Molten Core Raider
It's a steal at 15$ imo

$16+tax. I was actually asking my friends if they had the Humble Bundle discount so they could get it for me at the lower price and I could pay them back.

Eh. PS4 Path of Exile and EQ2 are keeping me occupied atm anyway, so I can wait the month or whatever.

Hmm this is Titan Quest version, there is a GD version, i assume i should get that?

The Forgotten Gods expansion is for Grim Dawn. Titan Quest's expansion is called Ragnarok.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Im talking about the TQ defiler he linked me to redo my character class

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
damn updated drivers and reinstalled and still get a hung black screen trying to open this. fucking odd