Grim Dawn

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
This game seems a little silly at the "end game". I mean am I really supposed to farm Gloomwald for hours for the 250+ ugdenbloom I need for these rare components that I also might have to eventually change or replace? Im reading shit where people are in 1k hours without seeing 1 piece of the set theyre looking for. Im 300 in and havent seen 1 piece of the set Im looking for for the 2 chars I play. Is this the challenge? I wanna play the game legit cause I remember when I used the equivalent to GDstash for titan quest it completely ruined the game but these high lvl mats seems like way too big of time sinks for the reward they provide.

I think you can get ugdenblooms from the Shattered Realm too, to change it up from Gloomwald. Like the other dude said, transmuting is the way to go, finding full sets is nearly impossible. My dad and I trade and transmute to finish sets off for each other. We have 7 or 8 max characters between us so we’re usually finding something for at least one of them.

Also, I remember our Typhon farming runs in TQ. Good times.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Just picked this game up on a steam sale.

Any tips or Guides I should know about? Going in blind and would rather ask here rather than read an ign or polygon article.

Finished a run of path of exile last month, did not excite me enough to keep playing after the story ended. How similar is this?

As mentioned would appreciate any starting advice.

Thanks

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
malagant has a bunch of guides and tips on his youtube. I wish I got all the xpacs right off that bat. I waited on FG and woulda been easier with the newer classes and probo wouldnt have had to go back and farm rep

I think you can get ugdenblooms from the Shattered Realm too, to change it up from Gloomwald. Like the other dude said, transmuting is the way to go, finding full sets is nearly impossible. My dad and I trade and transmute to finish sets off for each other. We have 7 or 8 max characters between us so we’re usually finding something for at least one of them.

Also, I remember our Typhon farming runs in TQ. Good times.

Im actually getting a decent amount doin AG. Cant clear it safely on my shieldbreaker atm tho and its slow af using my scrub dk

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Just picked this game up on a steam sale.

Any tips or Guides I should know about? Going in blind and would rather ask here rather than read an ign or polygon article.

Finished a run of path of exile last month, did not excite me enough to keep playing after the story ended. How similar is this?

As mentioned would appreciate any starting advice.

Thanks

Well, what do you WANT to play? There's crazy customization in here. Esp when you start getting into damage conversion.

Everything is viable... I'd say a good "mix of everything" fun build would be infiltrator. It has spells, shadow strike, dual wield, can leech tank the uberest content in game..

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is there something you guys use to manage your stash or whatever. Im sure I have a ton of legendarys I could just get rid of but I dont wanna delete something thats good on accident and now Im having to make alts to store loot

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Is there something you guys use to manage your stash or whatever. Im sure I have a ton of legendarys I could just get rid of but I dont wanna delete something thats good on accident and now Im having to make alts to store loot

I have stash files saved for each type of loot, I just bring them in and out to manage them.

The best way is honestly item assistant. My dad uses it, it’s searchable, infinite. It’s very nice. I never really started using it because I already have my stuff in separate stashes and don’t feel like doing the initial pushing all my items into it. Laziness basically.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I bought separate tabs in game and organized them by components then weps then armor

Anything related to other builds I'd move to a new char via the shared stash.

Last edited:

jsquirrel

Molten Core Raider
Really good sale on the base game and DLC at chrono.gg today. I'd personally just pick up the base game and Ashes of Malmouth DLC if starting from scratch, for the powerful Inquisitor and Necromancer classes.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Was I the only person thinking that things were fine and to leave it alone? Maybe

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
I do not like the new changes. Broke GI and the new enemy hp bars are trash. The re balance thing seems overtuned

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I’ll check it out this weekend. You can turn off the enemy bars can’t you? Will be annoying if not. The only thing I was looking forward to was auto loot crafting items lol

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yea but they still changed the UI kinda on how everything looks. Even with enemy hp on or off its really hard to tell when theres a rare/boss mixed in with your mobs and even harder to tell what kind of rare they are. They moved all the info at the very top of the screen now. Just hoping the people who made GI are able to fix this shit

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah not a fan of the mob name at the top, the font is huge and fugly and hard to read, especially in busy backgrounds. The new star to call out the bosses is ridiculously hard to see now, the old one was just fine. The design is ok they just need to triple the size and make it glow or something.

The enemy hp bars aren’t that bad but the floating text above it is trash. It’s just too much shit going on. Hopefully they separate mob health number and the bar so you can toggle that shit off.

I do like the bumped up difficulty now. I was at a point I wasn’t even looking at my health bar except on bosses, and my gear sucks.

Last edited:

nisser

Trakanon Raider
I've now tried on 2 separate occasions to get into this game and I just can't. Last month got through the first 2 tiers on difficulty and just gave up on the next one.

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
The person who made grim internals had over 2k downloads in the first 24 hours of the patch. Half the playerbase. I was real worried cause that person said they werent planning on keeping it updated. It was really difficult to play with those new changes

Scoresby

Trakanon Raider
Haven't played in weeks (getting shit on by RL), but logged in for a half hour yesterday and got the last piece of Belgothian's I needed. Now around 86k paperdoll DPS and it actually feels like it.

Roughly 300 hrs to farm the set.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users