Grim Dawn

Yeahs73

Trakanon Raider
Just picked this up the other day, definitely some challenge to this game. Following Malas cabalist build. Seems easy to get under leveled without his nifty xp set and pots.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Just picked this up the other day, definitely some challenge to this game. Following Malas cabalist build. Seems easy to get under leveled without his nifty xp set and pots.

It’s designed to have some grinding at least. I suggest finding areas you like that have an end boss and faction (almost all places five faction) and do a few runs of it before moving. Veteran has experience bonuses if you don’t have that toggled on already.

It isn’t much of an issue on subsequent characters because you’ll have some gear to transfer to the new character.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
They released their largest ever free content patch today. Several new small dungeons for a quest opening the new roguelike dungeon, think it’s the 5th one now. Massive amount of items got buffed, rebalanced to be more feasible. I’ll try to play the new roguelike in the next few weeks, haven’t played in a while so hope I don’t get raped!

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider
I haven't really compared many of the changed items vs how they used to be, but I did notice some of the monster infrequents have really good resists now. I do need to figure out how to access the new roguelike. I have no idea where it is or how to get in.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This is going to be my game after the next PoE league

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
I havent played since that last big update they did I think. Its a little frustrating to me to play this game legit and put in a bunch of time for the class and items only to have it completely obliterated by whatever new vision the devs have. I feel like itd be 1 thing if they had seasons and shit like diablo or poe but its pretty horseshit to so dramatically change classes and items willy nilly

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I havent played since that last big update they did I think. Its a little frustrating to me to play this game legit and put in a bunch of time for the class and items only to have it completely obliterated by whatever new vision the devs have. I feel like itd be 1 thing if they had seasons and shit like diablo or poe but its pretty horseshit to so dramatically change classes and items willy nilly

This used to piss me off too when I played a lot. I find playing a new build once every 9 months or so makes the game better, it’s like playing fresh and you don’t get your favorite class nerfed into the ground. They’re better at not doing that as much as they used to, but it still happens to certain builds.

Thankfully most everything got buffed in this big patch instead of nerfed. I’ll probably find a new build to start over the holidays, after I go through the new dungeon with my most recent main.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
for some reason, I thought this game was "unsupported" going forward mainly meaning no new content but minor bug fixes. I really don't fully see the point in nerfing builds in this one. I'll be starting it up probably around late Jan/early Feb. I had planned to play a month this time around but a friend gifted me a month fo wow to play anniversary shit and...never logged in himself when I played.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I don't think I've played this since vanilla release. Is it worth picking up the DLC?

Forgotten Gods DLC is great all around. Malmouth content isn’t that good, but the two classes it comes with are, so...FG is worth it, MM is worth it on sale, unless you really enjoy the game and then I’d say yes, they’re both worth it.

Outside of those two big DLCs are an arena style DLC that FG does better, and two completely cosmetic DLC. So unless you just really want to support these guys, skip those three.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE

Always a good time for a fresh roll up

dizzie

Triggered Happy
You can gear very fast in Grim Dawn in SR runs, it's a complete loot fest once you start doing it.

• 1Truth!

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Wish I had seen this the other day, was looking for something all weekend. Settled on some Endless Space 2. Gonna have to fire this up again!

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, I fired up Wolcen and put a few hours into that this weekend. I liked Grim Dawn, but once I discovered trading and got all the gear I wanted (at the time) that was kinda it for me.

I should give it another shot sometime soon.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Looking to try another arpg inbetween poe leagues. Does this have any type of bow build that doesnt suck ass?

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Looking to try another arpg inbetween poe leagues. Does this have any type of bow build that doesnt suck ass?

Find a beginners build, don't just blindly follow some build on the crate forums as if you play legit items are hard to obtain for the endgame builds there. Lots of the builds are designed for end game SR runs and require that you have lots of knowledge and a stash of stuff.

I'm not sure about bow's, never played one myself. Melee's actually good in GD, if you're coming from PoE where it's shit.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
LOL, I have not played in a while but is there even bows on GD? I thought it was just 1h guns and 2h rifles?