Grim Dawn

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Also you won't see that too much early on but the monsters hit a lot harder even with capped resists, so once you get to harder content(act 4 and DLC areas) it'll start being pretty challenging on ultimate, although it depends on the build and stuff I guess, not too sure what balance is like atm since it's been a while since I last played.
I'm experiencing this right now. The jump in damage is through the roof. In Fort Ikon a monster (a hulk type mob) hit me and took over 60% of my HP. Scared the shit out of me cause I didn't expect to get hit that hard. So I went back to town equipped a 1 hander+shield and redid two of my devotions and now I'm feeling better. The DPS for two-hander is really good but not worth the damage intake. Does the zone scales in level like necropolis? By me being 2 to 3 levels below the mobs in the zone and in mostly level 84 and few 70's gear doesn't help either. Plus all the next level tier of gear in my bank is level 94 and I just hit level 90. I'll probably either run dungeons to catch up in level or see how far can I go into the story campaign.

Last edited:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I'm experiencing this right now. The jump in damage is through the roof. In Fort Ikon a monster (a hulk type mob) hit me and took over 60% of my HP. Scared the shit out of me cause I didn't expect to get hit that hard. So I went back to town equipped a 1 hander+shield and redid two of my devotions and now I'm feeling better. The DPS for two-hander is really good but not worth the damage intake. Does the zone scales in level like necropolis? By me being 2 to 3 levels below the mobs in the zone and in mostly level 84 and few 70's gear doesn't help either. Plus all the next level tier of gear in my bank is level 94 and I just hit level 90. I'll probably either run dungeons to catch up in level or see how far can I go into the story campaign.
Everything in ultimate scales up to 100, so you can't really outlvl anything, if stuff is higher than you it's just designed to be higher than you regardless. But yeah you'll get to the point where you can a lot more easily die even with resist capped and decent life, that's why you want 1 or 2 defensive devotions usually, especially the "circuit breaker" ones that proc when you reach low hp. At least most builds I played back then had this sort of stuff, either on specific items or on certain devotions(shit like turtle, dryad, giant or imp or whatever they were names are fuzzy). Depends also on lifesteal you have, some builds could leech like crazy and not care as much, and then you often had to take one damage reduction skill in your build even for 1point since endgame gear often gave like +8 to +12 to all skills in a tree and then you'd still have 10-15% dmg reduction off the skill. That's also why oathkeeper and soldier were very common subs since they offer good defense skills.

Anyway it's a fairly different game in Ultimate, which is why some people play Elite exclusively, it's easier and more relaxed. It's a bit like playing D3 on rifts and shit versus doing high greater rifts or playing poe, which the laters require you invest quite a lot more time and thoughts in the process to survive while the former is just relaxing genocide.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
From what I've read, you can farm Elite at 100 and get the same gear as Ultimate, but at a reduced drop rate.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
From what I've read, you can farm Elite at 100 and get the same gear as Ultimate, but at a reduced drop rate.
There's a few things that are ultimate only iirc and some zones don't scale to 100(or at least used not to) but not endgame stuff but yeah. The difference is however pretty big, you get a lot more loot in ultimate and considering how much loot you need to get to start getting sets and stuff, it isn't really worth it unless you really hate ultimate.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I gotta say the level 90s range has been fucking brutal. Mobs hitting like a mac truck and there has been times were I had to kite them in order to kill them.

I started the quest to unlock Edge of Reality so I can start farming for my Dark Ones set. I was doing the part where you have to go in the Steppes of Torment to retrieve a quest item. I was in the last level of the dungeon where the quest item is located and I saw an huge skull on the map. I thought to myself it was something I shouldn't deal with now especially at my current level and gear. Well that particulsr nemesis mob Moosilauke was blocking the only corridor leading to the area where I needed to go. So I attempted to run past/teleport it and literally 1 shotted me while wasting my skeleton key in the process. This was the first time in a long timeI rage quit a game. Don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

I got back on later the night and I was able to complete the base game part of the quest and I attempted Bourbon clones twice and got my ass handed to me both times. Will definitely try him at level 100. I didnt realize I have to do another secret quest line for Malmouth to open up ANOTHER Edge of Reality for the Dark Ones set. I thought it was a one time deal but Im halfway through it. At least in the process I was able to get my 2nd BIS weapon for my build a mythical Death's Reach from a chest that contained mobs. I'll start using it once I get my Dark Ones set.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I gotta say the level 90s range has been fucking brutal. Mobs hitting like a mac truck and there has been times were I had to kite them in order to kill them.

I started the quest to unlock Edge of Reality so I can start farming for my Dark Ones set. I was doing the part where you have to go in the Steppes of Torment to retrieve a quest item. I was in the last level of the dungeon where the quest item is located and I saw an huge skull on the map. I thought to myself it was something I shouldn't deal with now especially at my current level and gear. Well that particulsr nemesis mob Moosilauke was blocking the only corridor leading to the area where I needed to go. So I attempted to run past/teleport it and literally 1 shotted me while wasting my skeleton key in the process. This was the first time in a long timeI rage quit a game. Don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

I got back on later the night and I was able to complete the base game part of the quest and I attempted Bourbon clones twice and got my ass handed to me both times. Will definitely try him at level 100. I didnt realize I have to do another secret quest line for Malmouth to open up ANOTHER Edge of Reality for the Dark Ones set. I thought it was a one time deal but Im halfway through it. At least in the process I was able to get my 2nd BIS weapon for my build a mythical Death's Reach from a chest that contained mobs. I'll start using it once I get my Dark Ones set.

Do you have your resists capped? Moos shouldn’t be one shotting you. The nemesis mobs are tough but not that tough. Do you have all or most of your attributes in physique?

Also the Bourbon clones and a few other mobs are meant for once you have a fully built and geared character, they’re really fucking tough.

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider

In 1-2 weeks you will be disappointed when you go to these zones and you dont see Moos and when you do see him youll kill him in 30 seconds

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Do you have your resists capped? Moos shouldn’t be one shotting you. The nemesis mobs are tough but not that tough. Do you have all or most of your attributes in physique?

Also the Bourbon clones and a few other mobs are meant for once you have a fully built and geared character, they’re really fucking tough.
Yeah resists are capped.... I dunno maybe he attacked so quickly it seemed he 1 shotted me. I remember running past him and he shot out this icicle looking attack that killed me.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This is on sale at gog. I picked up the dlc and I'm going play through this instead of playing the latest poe league.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah resists are capped.... I dunno maybe he attacked so quickly it seemed he 1 shotted me. I remember running past him and he shot out this icicle looking attack that killed me.
This game has shotgun mechanics so if you stand on top of stuff you can sometimes insta die. Nemesis bosses can be a pain in the ass especially since they move super fast so they can chase your down for the entire map, sucks when they spawn on the way not much you can do if you can't kill them yet.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE

I farmed that set for so long. Felt amazing finishing it.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider

Kiting is definitely part of the game. There are some skill mechanics but usually hard fights are either face tank or kite. There are some real gang rape boss combos in SR that even my warlord has to kite.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I farmed that set for so long. Felt amazing finishing it.
THIS!!!! The set is pretty damn strong and it really shows it. I went back to a 2 hander, dropped the viper and took the kraken constellation. The build really shines and made killing shit in ultimate so much easier. It took me about 4 hours to get the set. It would of been shorter but I didn't realize each adherent drops a specific piece of armor. I thought each one could have the chance to drop any piece. I was killing the first 3 and then resetting the dungeon. I figured out something wasn't right when I got the chest piece 3 times off the 1st one. I never even got to the last one. So I started running all the way where the last one spawns, killing him and resting the game until I got it. Now I just need to get to level 100, (currently level 97) get a Nightbringer(since its targetable) and try for the other BIS pieces. Then I'm going to start farming the Krieg's set, then Lokarr and probably level an aether death knight.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Some of those "unique greens" can roll crazy stats. I think my oppressor HC homebrew has some belt with like 98% pet damage along with more resists than anything epic for that slot.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Some of those "unique greens" can roll crazy stats. I think my oppressor HC homebrew has some belt with like 98% pet damage along with more resists than anything epic for that slot.

They’re about to buff the shit out of MIs too, making it so the chance for triple rare is higher, and add like 20 more.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Can I just use these components on items at will as I'm leveling without worrying about having to save them for whatever is good gear at the end? I seem to get tons of them so I haven't worried about conserving them.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Can I just use these components on items at will as I'm leveling without worrying about having to save them for whatever is good gear at the end? I seem to get tons of them so I haven't worried about conserving them.

Yeah, you get tons, and will end up having a bunch in shared stash. The higher level ones are rarer so they’re a little different. However you can take augments out of gear for money at the apprentice in Devils crossing. It destroys the gear so only do it on gear you don’t care about, if you really want to keep the augment.

• 1Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
They’re about to buff the shit out of MIs too, making it so the chance for triple rare is higher, and add like 20 more.
That's gonna be really nice. Luckily I use "Item Assistant" mod since I'm such a huge hoarder. Every blue+ item I've gotten I kept it and some well rolled greens too. I couldnt play this game without it.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Only thing I havent done yet is kill Callagdra or the other secret boss I won't spoil yet in FG.

I love fighting those ubers.

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider
Regarding Moos, in my experience he can 1-shot most builds unless they are pretty geared and using a tanky build, at least in phase 2. However, he moves so slow that you should be able to kite him. Poorly geared melee will really struggle though since you can't kite well.