Grim Dawn

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
damn updated drivers and reinstalled and still get a hung black screen trying to open this. fucking odd
Have you tried changing it to a fullscreen window? I believe there is something in the settings file that you can change for that, since obviously you can't get into the game to do it.

Yeah, just went and checked, and I believe it is [screenMode=0] for fullscreen, and 1 for fullsized window. It's in the options.txt file in C:\Users\YourMom\Documents\My Games\Grim Dawn\Settings.

Maybe give that a shot? Can't hurt at least.

EDIT: Well, I mean, change it to whichever one you aren't currently on.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
So if you have a max lvl toon on ultimate you can go to xpansion and buy an item you can trade to your alts to unlock ultimate difficulty and all bag slots - which is great bc i was dreading doing all the base shit again.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
So if you have a max lvl toon on ultimate you can go to xpansion and buy an item you can trade to your alts to unlock ultimate difficulty and all bag slots - which is great bc i was dreading doing all the base shit again.
Really? Which vendor/item is that? And does it start you at level 1, or start you at whatever level Ultimate is geared for? Because I'd consider a new character if I didn't have to do all that shit too.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Hmm this is Titan Quest version, there is a GD version, i assume i should get that?

Hmm yeah you want GD defiler. Mine does both games so I assumed it was the correct tool. I’ll check later tonight if that isnt the right one, sorry about that.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Hmm this is Titan Quest version, there is a GD version, i assume i should get that?

Edit: I grabbed the one in the first post of the below thread. It works, Updated some gimpy toon I have and tested it. The tool does do both TQ and GD.

Last edited:

Willy T

Trakanon Raider
Just had my 3rd crash while doing Shattered Realm. Just stutters for a second and completely shuts down the game without any errors or anything.

orcmauler

Golden Squire
I have sometimes had luck on the black hang screen just mouse clicking and it will load. Not foolproof obviously.
Trying an oathkeeper/inquisitor range build for lolz. Playing similar to a purifier at the moment, wondering if smite is useful.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Ok, so Shattered Realm time limit isn't a big deal I guess. But it is literally just a different version of Crucible without an end, it seems, so...cool I guess?

Crashed straight to desktop yet again, but not in Shattered Realm. Was just in the overworld attacking a named with some minions. Seems that is when it happened to me before in the SR. Kind of getting annoying.

Just to troubleshoot, I'm using the x64 version of the game. What about the rest of you that are crashing?

EDIT: Made it another two hours before the next crash. Once again, a "starred" monster and minions, just as I engaged them. I wonder if certain random mods on named monsters are causing the crashes.

Last edited:

Fucker

Log Wizard
Ok, so Shattered Realm time limit isn't a big deal I guess. But it is literally just a different version of Crucible without an end, it seems, so...cool I guess?

Crashed straight to desktop yet again, but not in Shattered Realm. Was just in the overworld attacking a named with some minions. Seems that is when it happened to me before in the SR. Kind of getting annoying.

Just to troubleshoot, I'm using the x64 version of the game. What about the rest of you that are crashing?

EDIT: Made it another two hours before the next crash. Once again, a "starred" monster and minions, just as I engaged them. I wonder if certain random mods on named monsters are causing the crashes.

Crucible kind of sucked. SR is much better. Devs think the crashing is due to a bug in the x64 client. They are working on a fix. Try the 32 bit client.

Xpac is much better than Ashes of Assmouth, that's for sure. I almost finished that entire xpac and got no upgrades. I've already been through several stacks of gear in SR, and I'm only level 62.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Crucible kind of sucked. SR is much better. Devs think the crashing is due to a bug in the x64 client. They are working on a fix. Try the 32 bit client.

Xpac is much better than Ashes of Assmouth, that's for sure. I almost finished that entire xpac and got no upgrades. I've already been through several stacks of gear in SR, and I'm only level 62.

They recently redid a lot of the prefix and suffixes, so gear across the game is better in general. It’s unfortunate they didn’t rework it before AOM because that experience could have been the better for it.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Coming from the perspective of a maxxed out character, I haven't received a single upgrade yet. The only thing I added was a movement skill to my medal slot, which previously had nothing that would fit there. Let's forget the fact that those movement skills actually pale in comparison to PoE equivalents. And suck in terms of actual damage too; it is literally a waste of dps for me to hit that button (I'm using Leap) instead of continuing to auto-attack.

That's kind of to be expected about the upgrades for a max character I suppose, but still a little disappointing. I don't think it would have been terrible to add another 5 or 10 levels (with their skill points) and 5 devotion points maybe. Who cares if the old content gets even easier due to that? This is mostly for people that have finished all that. I'm assuming after I finish the main quest (I'm at the last spot I can identify on the map, where you use the thingie to open the portal) I'll do a ton of the Shattered Realm, so we'll see if better shit starts dropping there. Hopefully SR is weighted towards new drops like the overworld is, because I've got like 3 of the same caster robe, Daerg's or something like that, which has to be new. Still, not sure how much better the gear can be if everything is still focused around level 100.

Eventually I'll try out the new class, but not sure how motivated I am to level again.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
This game is pretty much built around multiple character and build play style. You basically get to a point where your build is just done, and you use that character to farm items for your next build. It’s always been designed that way really.

This expansion really just opened up new scenery, and a large amount of new builds due to the new class and set items. They just expanded on the same formula they’ve always done. In the past they were expanding upwards at the same time with level caps. I think with the amount of build combos there are now that expanding upwards would be a massive amount of work their small team wouldn’t be able to pull off in a timely manner.

I get what you’re saying, but it’s only a problem if you don’t try new builds. I’ve seen them directly state their design plan for the game has always been for you to ‘complete’ a character and move on to the next.

As far as leveling again, it’s actually pretty fast now, it’s not that bad. Start a new character, throw on the lokar do gear or the gazerman, do crucible to get a few starter devotion points. Pop exp potions and go rape. I have gone from 28 to 51 in ~6 hours just alternating doing the new expansion and the main story in veteran.

Edit: Void Void forgot to quote you.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I'm making an Oppressor on HC now. Will clear to Elite then do some shattered realm with the old 100s.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Coming from the perspective of a maxxed out character, I haven't received a single upgrade yet. The only thing I added was a movement skill to my medal slot, which previously had nothing that would fit there. Let's forget the fact that those movement skills actually pale in comparison to PoE equivalents. And suck in terms of actual damage too; it is literally a waste of dps for me to hit that button (I'm using Leap) instead of continuing to auto-attack.

That's kind of to be expected about the upgrades for a max character I suppose, but still a little disappointing. I don't think it would have been terrible to add another 5 or 10 levels (with their skill points) and 5 devotion points maybe. Who cares if the old content gets even easier due to that? This is mostly for people that have finished all that. I'm assuming after I finish the main quest (I'm at the last spot I can identify on the map, where you use the thingie to open the portal) I'll do a ton of the Shattered Realm, so we'll see if better shit starts dropping there. Hopefully SR is weighted towards new drops like the overworld is, because I've got like 3 of the same caster robe, Daerg's or something like that, which has to be new. Still, not sure how much better the gear can be if everything is still focused around level 100.

Eventually I'll try out the new class, but not sure how motivated I am to level again.

I forgot to mention about you three of the same robe comment. There’s a new vendor in the expansion near the illusion guy. After you bring him a quest item he asks for, you can then turn set items in to him and either change it into a random other set item for the fee of cash and scrap, or you can turn it into another item within the same set for the fee of a purple crafting item and some scrap.

Just another way to craft and finish your set pieces that you can’t seem to get the last piece for or have multiples of one item.

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I forgot to mention about you three of the same robe comment. There’s a new vendor in the expansion near the illusion guy. After you bring him a quest item he asks for, you can then turn set items in to him and either change it into a random other set item for the fee of cash and scrap, or you can turn it into another item within the same set for the fee of a purple crafting item and some scrap.

Just another way to craft and finish your set pieces that you can’t seem to get the last piece for or have multiples of one item.
Nice! Thanks, I didn't know that. Is he the guy that can break stuff down too? I saw the other tab but didn't do anything with it. I have soooo many duplicate items, hopefully I can do something with them for a change. Besides fill up mules with them.

Obviously, I haven't read a damn thing about this expansion like I should have!

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Nice! Thanks, I didn't know that. Is he the guy that can break stuff down too? I saw the other tab but didn't do anything with it. I have soooo many duplicate items, hopefully I can do something with them for a change. Besides fill up mules with them.

Obviously, I haven't read a damn thing about this expansion like I should have!

No it’s a different guy but the window looks the same. The breakdown guy is the apprentice in devils crossing. The conversion guy is in the covenant of the three, left side of the center of town next to the illusionist.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
No it’s a different guy but the window looks the same. The breakdown guy is the apprentice in devils crossing. The conversion guy is in the covenant of the three, left side of the center of town next to the illusionist.
We're talking about the same guy. He does all 3 things: Dismantle, Salvage, and Transmute.

One thing to note, apparently once you transmute something into another set piece, you can't do that same piece again. It must gains some hidden flag that prevents it.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
What are the requirements to start a toon in FG? I used the item to complete quest etc from Conclave but my toon gets no option to take the green portal

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
so I hadn't played in 6 months or so and wiped my account. whats the best couple of classes to level up fresh with. I have a warlord to level 30 and it's dogshit for leveling or i'm a retard

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
so I hadn't played in 6 months or so and wiped my account. whats the best couple of classes to level up fresh with. I have a warlord to level 30 and it's dogshit for leveling or i'm a retard

You may be retarded.

Put your points into the flame attack for LMB, shield throw for RMB. A few points here and there into health and shield stuff from the soldier and oath. The oath pets. Use the transmute skills that turn your stuff into acid/poison, and get the perdition set. It’s fairly common. You’ll kick asses.

Last edited: