Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
For that 17 minute preview, Rocket was a fairly central figure. I wouldn't consider him "the top", but close to it. They seemed to focus on Chris Pratt more, though, but that might have been just that scene.

Rocket was central like Charles Xavior. He's the brains and everyone else accomplishes what he tells them to do. But I think ultimately, Pratt is going to be the leader. That's what the trailers make me think, at least. (I haven't read the comics, so I don't know if that's a spoiler wild speculation)

Caliane

Rockets "specialty" is enchanced tactical genius. Specifically enhanced for it.
So yeah, him being the plan guy is likely.

But Starlord is the team leader yeah.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This is not playing in IMAX in Providence. My life is fucking ruined.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Amazing how this has gone from "Marvel is doing a movie with WHAT?!?" to "Must see by everyone".

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
That extended trailer is a cut down version of the 17 minute clip from a few weeks ago. It gives you an idea of what you'll see, but it removes almost all of the "good" things from that clip. The movie really is going to be enjoyable.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I want a Groot toy for my daughter. Something she can actually play with, as opposed to the bobble head thing I've already seen. She loves that character.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I guess there are some rumors that James Gunn is going to direct avengers 3 due to how happy marvel is with guardians

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
from the interview i saw months ago, james gunn only really wanted to do a space opera and GoTG fell in his lap. also there's a difference between directing non established Marvel characters. i mean all these characters are C-List. (of course you round them up in GoTG v2 and given them abnett and Lanning and they become A-List)

Vs.

rounding up 4 A-list characters, one of them (iron man) an immense breakout star for marvel and juggling B-list fury,widow,hawkeye and keeping "true" to these characters that have over 40years of continuity each

yea those rumors are just stupid hype.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's conceivable that Whedon doesn't want to be locked in to directing them forever. He could move to a supervisor type role after the next one or something.

Is that chart modified for inflation though?
Those charts for adjusted gross are worthless dogshit. Oh Gone with the Wind made the most? Yeah no shit it was in theaters for like 5 years initially with no competition and re-released like seven times.

The problem with Gone with the Wind being the highest grossing movie of all time... : movies

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
It's conceivable that Whedon doesn't want to be locked in to directing them forever. He could move to a supervisor type role after the next one or something.

Those charts for adjusted gross are worthless dogshit. Oh Gone with the Wind made the most? Yeah no shit it was in theaters for like 5 years initially with no competition and re-released like seven times.

The problem with Gone with the Wind being the highest grossing movie of all time... : movies
Yeah it was in Theatres for five years. How many fucking theatres do you think that was? It has only been a recent thing that movies released to 4k or 5k+ theatres their opening day. Fuck, Star Wars opened in god damn only 32 theatres.

I can still remember seeing movies in San Francisco in the late 80's. They usually opened in ONE theatre in town, that's it, ONE. Today I live in a town of like 40k and I have three movie theatres within 10 minutes of my house. Each week's now blockbuster summer movie will be playing in at least two of them.

Yes GWtW played for five years and hell I remember Star Wars playing for almost a year in my small towns theatre and people kept going to it over and over again.

Also, re-release Star Wars in a theatre or Gone With the Wind and Avatar, see which one more people go too.