Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah Thanos, I dunno what happened there. I just want to see one of these movies end with the heroes losing, at least temporarily.

Column_sl

shitlord
Floating head planet I think is Thanos' ship
It's Knowhere, the space station built from a disembodied head of a Celestial.

gotg7.png

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
holy shit if they're showing us knowhere, we gotta have cosmo, he's like the best russian ever.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Looks awesome as shit. I swear the whole theme song and "This might not be a good idea" is just great marketing poking fun at the idea of doing a GotG movie.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It's going to be great or terrible. There's no possibility of any middle ground.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
If I have to put down my money to see something that turns out to be terrible I want it to be Guardians of the Galaxy.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Are there any graphic novels or comic bundles for Guardians that are really good?

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Anything from the 2008 GotG series and on is great and the entire Annihilation event is worth reading. Also check out the Nova series from around the same time.

I looked up GotG collected editions and I have no idea why but the paperbacks of the first 3 collections are $50-$75+ on Amazon and Barnes & Noble which is downright retarded. Even the first Annihilation paperback is $87, oddly the hardcover is "cheaper" at $55. What a steal!

You could probably hit a local comic book store and get them at actual reasonable prices.

Just to give you an idea what to look for here are the books I referred to.

GotG-
Amazon.com: Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 1: Legacy (9780785133384): Dan Abnett, Andy Lanning, Paul Pelletier: Books
Amazon.com: Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2: War of Kings, Book 1 (9780785133391): Dan Abnett, Andy Lanning, Paul Pelletier: Books
Amazon.com: Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 3: War of Kings, Book 2 (9780785140481): Dan Abnett, Andy Lanning, Brad Walker: Books
Amazon.com: Guardians of the Galaxy - Volume 4: Realm of Kings (9780785140498): Dan Abnett, Andy Lanning, Brad Walker: Books

Annihilation-
Amazon.com: Annihilation Book 1 (Bk. 1) (9780785129011): Keith Giffen, Dan Abnett, Andy Lanning, Mitch Breitweiser, Scott Kolins, Ariel Olivetti, Kev Walker: Books
Amazon.com: Annihilation Book 2 (Bk. 2): Keith Giffen, Javier Grillo-Marxuach, Simon Furman, Renato Arlem, Jorge Lucas, Greg Titus: Books
Amazon.com: Annihilation Book 3 (Bk. 3): Keith Giffen, Christos Gage, Stuart Moore, Andrea Di Vito, Giuseppe Camuncoli, Mike McKone, Scott Koblish: Books

Nova-
Amazon.com: Nova, Vol. 1: Annihilation - Conquest (9780785126317): Dan Abnett, Andy Lanning, Sean Chen: Books
Amazon.com: Nova Vol. 2: Knowhere (v. 2) (9780785126324): Dan Abnett, Andy Lanning, Wellington Alves: Books
Amazon.com: Nova Vol. 3: Secret Invasion (v. 2) (9780785126621): Dan Abnett, Andy Lanning, Wellington Alves: Books
Amazon.com: Nova Vol. 4: Nova Corps (9780785131885): Dan Abnett, Andy Lanning, Wellington Alves: Books

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Are there any graphic novels or comic bundles for Guardians that are really good?
Start at the beginning of the 2008 series, not the Bendis stuff on Marvel NOW.

Looks like the graphic novels are out of print though, except for the Kindle version ofVol.1. The whole run will be reprinted in two books at the start of August to coincide with the movie's release. It probably isn't too hard to find all of GotG v2 #1-25 in a torrent somewhere either. Then if you liked that, go back and get the Annihilation (this came before GotG actually) and Thanos Imperative mini-series.

As for the movie, day one for sure. James Gunn is the fucking man.

Edit: Tred--It's because they went out of print long before the movie was announced, and now people want them because of the movie. It's all third party sellers on Amazon/B&N.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I suspected that was the case but it still seemed a bit bonkers. I know for a fact my local store I go to has several copies of them on his shelf at cover price.