Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I disagree. Warlock has always been an ex machina in the comic world and I have even read his comic series. They would have been fine with using Vision in his current form for the Warlock role. As for Surfer, I want to see him crashing through Dr. Strange's roof but they could easily put something else in that scene. Hell even spiderman would work his spidey senses going crazy at the danger to the whole universe that ensues the moment Thanos puts on the infinity gauntlet.

Agree or not, I believe you pretty well hit the nail on the head how it's going to go down. I think they will use Vision as the stand in for AW. I'm not sure if Spidey will be the surfer stand in or not but it's an interesting thought. I felt it would probably Dr. Strange coming through Tony Stark's roof or maybe Thor coming through Dr. Strange's roof. Regardless, however we want it to play out, it's going to happen much like you stated. I'll be surprised if we see much of Adam Warlock until Guardians 3.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
If you really like Dr. Doom, and not in the silly seahorn meme, kind of way, his title is actually one of the very very very few Marvel titles worth reading.

This is the only Dr Doom that counts

My methods are a means to an end, no different than pruning weeds in order to let an orchid flourish. Those who stand in the way of my vision oppose me because they fear me, but more than that they fear what I represent. Change. Do you know what I despise Richards? And T'Challa? Because never one have they reined in their own self-righteous arrogance long enough to try and see what I see. Never once have they asked me: why? Do you want to know? Love. Measure my crimes against what mankind does to itself, and I am a saint. ... I have looked into the future, I have seen how one violent action after another spins the world toward a future where all that remains of Earth is a burned out cinder. Every time I have looked into the future, that is what I have seen. Every time but one. In one possible future mankind becomes united. Cures for all diseases are found. Global conflict ends. Hunger is abolished. Education is universal. And no one goes without. In that world, there are laws. To break even the slightest of these is to suffer immediate and terminal punishment. ... Ten thousand futures have I looked at. A hundred thousand. And in only one does mankind finally unite, and flourish...and survive. Only one. Doomworld.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Is there seriously no love in here for Fleetwood Mac during that ending fight scene? :(

• 5Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Loved the movie - there were several families with elementary age kids in our theatre, I'd think the slaughter of hundreds of humanoids (albeit douchebags who had it coming) in seconds during the Yondu/Rocket scene would be more concerning than penis jokes, but whatever. The fact that most of the complaints are about the music not being as awesome as the first says a lot - and yes, The Chain in that scene was great.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Drax fucking killed it, "Mantis watch out!"

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Great film, definitely got a lot more emotional in this =(

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jive Turkey

Karen
this is when i chose to do my bathroom break :( could tell an extended action sequence was coming, and since Biscuit never keeps track of what happens while i'm gone for me, i decided to lose out on action instead of plot.

I think I picked the best pee break. Left right before the Gamora/Nebula battle and made it back just in time to hear what they had to say afterward

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Mantis was awesome. She had some great lines/scenes. Was also caught off guard on the stone Pac-Man lol.

Thought the movie was fantastic. Dave Batista did a great job with the emotionless emotions. First one relied a lot on Chris Pratt's comedic timing, this one he merged into the ensemble a lot better.

Someone mentioned it earlier, but the music wasn't as poppy as the first, but it worked with the content of the movie. Different music would have hurt the movie IMO.

If I had one nitpick it would be the population shrinking. First one had Xandar and Knowhere, this one felt kind of empty.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I want to see a two part Secret Wars movie, where the Beyonder summons the Xmen and FF from their universes, and throw them into ours. Also, Galactus and Doctor Doom.

I don't think you'll ever get what you're wanting if they were to do a Secret Wars movie. There's only an outside chance the FF would be involved and pretty much none that the X-men would show up in it. And it would be so far down the road that many of the current heroes in the MCU will have been replaced/recast as well.

Siliconemelons

Drax's penis joke imo was not "bad" because it was very much in character and because of that all technically correct - if you are a "g"od and a planet then...well...you went off to make a human baby, you obviously had to have a penis right? For kids, as stated I was more concerned about the consequence-less deaths of lots of human(oids) and the spacing deaths that were quite drawn out... but again that is just my personal thoughts and feelings on how I parent. I do not get our "American" view that a pair of exposed tits of some chick on the beach sunbathing is worse than mass slaughter killing and violence.

But not to get side tracked or get stuff for the political threads into here lol.

Being just a "movie" guy, never ever having got "into" comics - I think the marvel universe is fun and good movies, yeah its based on comics and there are plot holes all over- I like that marvel/Disney has been able to pull off the $ or whatever is needed to get the "real" main actors into "not their movies" etc.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I really enjoyed the movie, but I have to echo what others said about some of the humor being forced. I felt like there was a bit too much baby Groot, especially (although I'm sure they're going to sell insane amounts of toys thanks to it).

I thought they did a great job portraying Ego. I was really hesitant when they first announced he was included in the movie, but they managed to make it believable for the universe and not too outlandish. They even got the giant planet-with-a-face shot in, too!

Siliconemelons

The humor was more heavy handed than the first, where it was more organic that came out of starlord being a 80s kid human fish out of water...

but, "I am Marry friggen Poppins!" was hilarious.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Great movie not going to lie. The ending got me misty eyed.

Mantis scenes we're hilarious.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff

Are there lots of people who are unfamiliar with this song? I keep seeing references to this as a very little known song outside of Missouri and Illinois. I grew up in Illinois and instantly recognized it from the radio when I was a kid.

I also have to say, thanks to avoiding spoilers, I had no idea that ELO was going to be featured in the whole opening credits and subsequently had a manic grin on my face for the whole sequence.

In a totally separate note: it feels really weird to have the Guardians of the Galaxy as one of the most recognizable superhero teams now... especially since FOX's utter abortion of the IP means that the Fantastic Four, while not obscure, are a distant second-fiddle to Starlord, Rocket, and company.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Yeah the soundtrack was fine. Also remember these aren't Peter's picks, but songs his mom compiled for him.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Probably the best movie I've seen in the past five years at least. Really loved it. Went this evening with the wife and some close friends

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Probably the best movie I've seen in the past five years at least. Really loved it. Went this evening with the wife and some close friends

Yep easily surpassed Star Wars for me. My favorite movie I've seen since Dredd.

• 1Solidarity