Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Go fuck yourself. You don't get to make the decision to take your underage kids to PG- 13 movie and then bitch about the content, no matter how slight the complaint is. This is such a dumb fuck thing to say.. Maybe you're doing a social experiment though,just letting anyone else who thought about taking a 5 year old to a PG -13 movie that there might be some content mildly inappropriate for someone under 13. Bang up job bro.

Movie was excellent, not as good as the first. I agree there was a couple of moments that felt a little forced. Wished they edged the seriousness of the movie up just a touch. Overall very happy with my time and money spent. Theater was packed, not many empty seats.

What in the dear name of goodness are you talking about??? Are you just completely moronic or simply ignorant to the fact we are sharing our thoughts on the movie and as a parent I was simply providing a heads up to a Marvel movie that seemed more inappropriate than any of the others.

Did you stop a moment and think that a lot of children are going into this movie because they have seen every other Marvel movie without any need to worry of the content?? Not to mention they are pushing Baby Groot all over creation (just found out today that my son, 5, has chose to have a Baby Groot/ GotG Birthday now this month) and I just wanted to say, "Hey, as a parent, I was little uncomfortable with the movie so you may want to check the Common Sense Media reviews to make a good decision."

I didn't. I didn't feel that I needed to based on Marvel movies historically and yes i'm fully aware of the rating but even at PG-13, I wasn't expecting rather long dialogue of planet penises smashing into women throughout the galaxy to mass impregnate women only to bring the children back to the EGO and drain their life-force until they die. So... you made a complete idiot of yourself for no reason what so ever.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Idk, Im on the boat of it being a fantastic movie. I can agree that the music queue wasn't near the first.

I think the only thing that has me on the fence about it being up in the rankings, or falling short was their use of Yondu. I've love Yondu from his first introduction, and just the idea of the Ravagers.. so that in itself is a huge payoff for me. Though I kinda gave up on trying to rate, and just gone in with blind faith scarfing down popcorn.
It truly hurts to see him go. His ravager funeral hit the heart strings, plus seeing the different coats and awesome actors in their roles just made it all the way fucking better. His scene was entirely too good, him receiving his classic fin. Even Gunn's Kraglin was good dawning the fin, and hope to see more.

I personally appreciate a lot of the cuts and just cinematic approach James Gunn has put into this, the opening scene a lone just sets a precedence in style that other films are sure to follow or take queue from. As good as Russo brothers, Whedon, or any of the other directors are.. pound for pound, James Gunn has to be the best to touch MCU imho.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
7 or 8 out of 10 for me. Mostly great humor, action, visuals, world-building. My only real complaint is the story I guess (and a few lame lines); I kept waiting for it to take off and have something big happen, but it never did. Ego never felt like a real threat for some reason. Definitely a setup movie for future Marvel stuff, but still a lot of fun. GotG1 is probably my favorite Marvel movie, so my hype levels were understandably high for this one too.

Tananthalas

<Gold Donor>
What in the dear name of goodness are you talking about??? Are you just completely moronic or simply ignorant to the fact we are sharing our thoughts on the movie and as a parent I was simply providing a heads up to a Marvel movie that seemed more inappropriate than any of the others.

Did you stop a moment and think that a lot of children are going into this movie because they have seen every other Marvel movie without any need to worry of the content?? Not to mention they are pushing Baby Groot all over creation (just found out today that my son, 5, has chose to have a Baby Groot/ GotG Birthday now this month) and I just wanted to say, "Hey, as a parent, I was little uncomfortable with the movie so you may want to check the Common Sense Media reviews to make a good decision."

I didn't. I didn't feel that I needed to based on Marvel movies historically and yes i'm fully aware of the rating but even at PG-13, I wasn't expecting rather long dialogue of planet penises smashing into women throughout the galaxy to mass impregnate women only to bring the children back to the EGO and drain their life-force until they die. So... you made a complete idiot of yourself for no reason what so ever.

No one is giving you shit about your "review". I am not giving you shit because you chose to take your 5 year old to a PG 13 movie. I am absolutely giving you shit because you chose to take your young child to PG 13 movie, then bitched about, then decided to give a heads up to anyone else who wasn't fucking aware of what a PG 13 rating likely entails. Don't assume everyone on this planet is as dim witted as you. This is like ordering a ghost pepper burger, writing a review about it and in that review saying "you know it was okay, but it was a little hot, just FYI based on other peppers I have had". You fucking twit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I'm not going to continue this foolish discussion. I didn't even complain in the first place. I tossed in one sentence at the end of my post just because it was something that stuck in my mind. Why that is worthy of any attack on your part is beyond me. I didn't speak of the absurdity or how I was upset but simply how I was uncomfortable with some of the discussion that took place in the movie and I think it is completely fair to not expect some themes in a Marvel movie simply due to how kid heavy their marketing and patterns of their previous movies.

I'm glad you have ventured into the realm of the internet and spared the world of further ignorance over one statement, in one post, on a discussion forum. The day is saved and you should really take time to bask in the light of heroism for your service to this sad world. You are definitely the hero this forum deserves. I'm certainly appreciative of your acts of kindness. My children thank you. I hope I can repay your kindness one day.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Caliane

7 or 8 out of 10 for me. Mostly great humor, action, visuals, world-building. My only real complaint is the story I guess (and a few lame lines); I kept waiting for it to take off and have something big happen, but it never did. Ego never felt like a real threat for some reason. Definitely a setup movie for future Marvel stuff, but still a lot of fun. GotG1 is probably my favorite Marvel movie, so my hype levels were understandably high for this one too.
this is about my thoughts.

Ego presented as a villain a bit too late. While there were the obvious forshadowing, like the plant at the very beginning. The heel turn and build up didn't play out well. Largely, because the stakes were never really high enough. Way too much of the movie was presented as a joke. the Sovereign were again, just a joke. at no point were they a real threat. Without stakes there, they didnt drive any final tension. And then Ego himself at the end should have been shown as an unstoppable force slaughtering Sovereign, Ravager, and Gaurdians alike. But no. Guardians took out the Sovereign with ease again. Ego was put to sleep, and totally contained, while they took their time killing him. Ego was only a threat for about 5seconds, before Peter went Avatar mode.

Too many characters are stronger then the spaceships they are in. Nebula, draz, gamora all have multiple scenes where they treat spaceships like the ship is made of paper, and they are a rock, with it being torn apart around them, or jumping out of the ship... and IT takes more damage then them. Gamora picks up a cannon, and carries it firing... Must be that anti-inertia recoil matrix...
No sense of danger if the characters are invulnerable apparently.

• 1Like

Caliane

skip the first 5min. at least. If not the whole thing.
Jesus these guys are becoming insufferable.

Short version, removing the 29minutes of shitting on superhero movies, other online movie reviewers, and injoke/memes and sucking their own dicks.

"I think I liked this one better then the first one."
" I was a little concerned for maybe the first half hour... Where it felt like theres almost too many jokes. its almost too silly."
"it turns out way more character driven then plot driven, which I really appreciated."

There, thats their review. ps. I think I went over the line, and there WERE too many jokes. But still liked it, as noted. but the lack of a real threat, undermined it a bit.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I like how when the Gold people were flying their ships, the sound effects were taken from Space Invaders and Galaga. Also, when Star Lord was tracking something on his tracker, it resembled a handheld football game we use to have in the 80's.

• 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
So first scene is 1980 right? Then it jumps 34 years.

So this is set in 2014? Think timeline plays at all into the MCU? Or am I over thinking it?

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It's probably timing it as such so there isn't a continuity problem when they assist with infinity gauntlet/war.

Caliane

So first scene is 1980 right? Then it jumps 34 years.

So this is set in 2014? Think timeline plays at all into the MCU? Or am I over thinking it?
well the first movie came out in 2014. so, yeah, given the way this one plays out, I could see it occurring within 1 year of the last, not the 3 years of reality.

Juvarisx

Florida
Gunn said this movie is set in 2014, and it is only 3 months after the first film. I'm curious to the reason why since its intentional

Cybsled

I'm looking forward to Starlord being gifted some Stark designed ipod that holds every song created. His mind will be blown.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I sincerely hope that this is the case. Fantastic Four was Marvel's first team comic. They've been trashed. Also, it opens the Marvel Universe to the other characters that are also owned by Fox. Marvel doesn't seem right with no Silver Surfer, Galactus or Dr Doom. Ego and the Watchers are supposed to be owned by Fox. That should be enough of a hint that something could be on the horizon.

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 Cameo Suggest New Marvel-Fox Deal

• 1Like

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
after reading the early reviews, thought I was going to hate it. Didn't. Wished the awesome mix soundtrack vol 2 was better, the sound track of the first one really made that film, the songs in this one was a snooze fest by comparison.

And yeah this one takes place 2 months after Vol 1, so in 2014, that way Groot can be full grown by their next appearance which is next year during Infinity War.

Jive Turkey

Karen
Gunn said this movie is set in 2014, and it is only 3 months after the first film. I'm curious to the reason why since its intentional

I think it's just to allow for baby Groot. If it was 3 years later and he was still baby sized, we'd never get full grown Groot in the follow ups

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
PWybvyA.jpg

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users