Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
Thought this was very entertaining. I hope the general style is mimic'd by other film makers.

It was definitely cheesy, and their shotgun method of comedy made for lots of eye rolls from me. seemed like about 80% of the lines in the movie were meant to be funny, and much of it was not. that said. the stuff that was funny, was hilarious. Merry Poppins, You're beautiful on the inside were both lmfao.

My ADD took over at times and my mind was wandering during the slower parts of the movie. Did not care at all about any romance stuff between Quill and Gamora. A bit too much time spent on ego planet doing nothing. The Rocket vs Ravagers and Gamora Vs Nebula fights were both.. lacking.

My biggest gripe was probably just cause I missed something.. But ego said he had never met any life before.. and he made himself a human form to go look for life.. how dafuq did he know what humans are??

Overall good/entertaining movie. High 2nd tier marvel movie. Better than the last two star wars things, and of course 100x better than the new star trek garbage. Will watch again soon.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
o4Liqqm.jpg

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
My biggest gripe was probably just cause I missed something.. But ego said he had never met any life before.. and he made himself a human form to go look for life.. how dafuq did he know what humans are??

Overall good/entertaining movie. High 2nd tier marvel movie. Better than the last two star wars things, and of course 100x better than the new star trek garbage. Will watch again soon.

Ego was lying to Star Lord about nearly everything.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jive Turkey

Karen
Watched it again yesterday. That Cat Stevens song at the end is goddamn perfect. In time, I think the ending might be appreciated as one of the top non-twist movie endings ever (at least in the sci-fi genre. I honestly think it's up there with Empire Strikes Back)

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Watched it again yesterday. That Cat Stevens song at the end is goddamn perfect. In time, I think the ending might be appreciated as one of the top non-twist movie endings ever (at least in the sci-fi genre. I honestly think it's up there with Empire Strikes Back)

Empire Strikes Back had a twist ending

Jive Turkey

Karen
Oh, fuck... the whole "I am your father" thing. Ya, I suppose. I think I'm referring more to the final scene though. The very end of Empire is fucking epic; the crew has been split up and scattered around the galaxy, Luke and Leia looking out the window as the score swells and the fleet flies by. Give me chills every time.
In fact, I wonder if the ending of Guardians was a bit of a homage to Empire

Last edited:

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Marvel universe has actual gods seeding the universe with life remember. so, its not even a case of convergent evolution. humans, Kree etc all look alike and can interbreed becuase they were created by the same god beings.
theres more to it as well. 1. the meta narrative. the one above all, "its a comic book". Marvel does touch upon that DC trope occasionally. Where in DC is very express about it, with multiversity, flash of two worlds, etc. Marvel does hit at it on occasion with 4th wall breaking of she-hulk, deadpool, and the one above all. everyone is humanoid because the creators of the multiverse are human. 2. The abstract explanation. Another in universe explanation is, the Celestials, Galactus, Beyonder, one above all, tribunal, Death, etc do not actually look human at all. Its just that we the reader are human, and 99% of the time the viewer in universe is humanoid, so these abstract beings beyond the kin of mortals, are perceived as humanoid. like a 2d being trying to view a 3d object. you cant understand its real form, so you only perceive it in terms you understand.

• 2Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Having listened to the soundtrack more than a few times while at work it is very interesting the degree to which the entire movie plays out in the songs. Obviously Ego himself makes reference to this, but even more broadly it really does lay out the entire plot nicely. Makes me think that 'Fox on the Run' was originally meant to be the song played while Rocket's traps are fucking up the Ravagers.

Jive Turkey

Karen
the fact that it even took you that long tho man.

I suppose, but a twist ending is more like The Usual Suspects. A movie can have a plot twist without having a twist ending. Think about the note The Usual Suspects leaves on compared to Empire. It's all a bit irrelevant to the larger point though; Guardians 2 has a really great ending is all I was really getting at

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
for serious

are the actual end credit scenes viewable anywhere? I was wore out and didn't wanna wait at the theatre.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I suppose, but a twist ending is more like The Usual Suspects. A movie can have a plot twist without having a twist ending. Think about the note The Usual Suspects leaves on compared to Empire. It's all a bit irrelevant to the larger point though; Guardians 2 has a really great ending is all I was really getting at

The twist is at the end of Empire???

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
for serious

are the actual end credit scenes viewable anywhere? I was wore out and didn't wanna wait at the theatre.
I haven't seen them online, but then again, I haven't been looking for them. Here's the list:
1.) Kraglin, the only surviving ravager of Yondu's group, trying out the repaired magic arrow and accidentally stabbing Drax in the chest.

2.) Stallone meets up with all of the other Ravager heads and talks about robbing people again.

3.) The gold girl shows a new birthing pod that is supposed to be a big upgrade from all of the previous births. The first baby to be born this way is named Adam (Adam Warlock)

4.) Groot is no longer a baby. Now he's a teen, and he has all kinds of angst. Star Lord acts as his father, telling him to clean his room.

5.) Stan Lee is talking with the Watchers some more, explaining how he was "watching" the previous movies by pretending to be the characters he appeared in them as. The Watchers walk away from him.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Hey assholes who said this movie wasn't good:

Go fuck yourself.

I almost missed out on this great movie because you're more dead inside than I am.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like