Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
to be fair how does it rate to the other MCU films? cuz to me? its better than the entire thor franchise, hulk franchise, iron man 2 and 3, Cap1 and Avengers 2. combined.
Why don't you just say that the MCU is mostly bleh besides
GotG
Cap 2/3
Avengers
IronMan 1

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Why don't you just say that the MCU is mostly bleh besides
GotG
Cap 2/3
Avengers
IronMan 1
well, you said it for me , but i would not say bleh so much as meh. look, i like cap1 and IM3. i even paid to see them in the theater. but GotG and the new trailer are just so fucking fun and entertaining they made those other films i listed look horribly inferior. BTW the order you had is mostly correct. Cap2 is easily my favorite of all the MCU films. i am practically addicted to that movie. seen it so many times and i still have to watch it whenver its on cable. GotG is very close second, but for different reasons. Cap2 is like almost 100% showdown battles and black widow is so crazy hot in it.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Gotta add in Ant-Man which I was fully expecting not to like going in.
oh yeah Ant Man was alright, but its kind of an odd duck, it doesnt feel like an MCU film which i assume is by design from Edgar Wright's vision. the Ant-man v Hawkdude fight was tacked on and and out of place.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
oh yeah Ant Man was alright, but its kind of an odd duck, it doesnt feel like an MCU film which i assume is by design from Edgar Wright's vision. the Ant-man v Hawkdude fight was tacked on and and out of place.
Yea i view Ant Man the same as Cap 1. I was surprised at the casting of Rudd, but after watching AntMan, he's the only person that could make one of the most dumbest Avenger fun. Same w/ Cap 1, I was entirely sure it was gonna be the corniest movie made, i mean it's Capt Fuckin America, you can't make him cool on screen, nope they pull it off.

They made their respective characters great, for future movies.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i think we can all agree that avengers2 IM2 the thor and hulk franchises are shit though.

• 1Like

Seananigans

Potato del Grande
<Screenshotted>
I feel like I need some clarification, because "shit" is being used as a descriptor. I think perhaps you mean "worse than the other listed/favorite MCU movies?" Because MCU's very worst doesnt really count as bad, just average. IMO of course.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I feel like I need some clarification, because "shit" is being used as a descriptor. I think perhaps you mean "worse than the other listed/favorite MCU movies?" Because MCU's very worst doesnt really count as bad, just average. IMO of course.
i go by rewatch-ability and if i felt satisfied after watching it. thor 1 and 2 i watched once and decided i will never bother with his dumb ass again. ed norton MCU hulk, i saw once in the movies and never wanted to see it again. IM2 was utter shit. saw it one time. fucking hated it. Avengers2, hmm ok it wasnt complete shit, but i was very disappointed with the end half of the movie. it felt like they had great ideas on how to kick everything off but once it got rolling they didnt think through a good way to end it.

i have seen the first half of avengers2 many times , but only have seen it til the end once. i shut it off when sedonia gets lifted int the sky

• 1Like

Seananigans

Potato del Grande
<Screenshotted>
Honestly the only one I've never re-watched AND have no desire to re-watch is Norton Hulk. But that only barely qualifies as MCU, just because it had a post credits scene that tied into another movie.

Also Ruffalo >>>> Norton as Banner. Somewhat meek and psychologically tortured is a WAY better portrayal than Norton's angsty Banner.

• 1Like

Seananigans

Potato del Grande
<Screenshotted>
Oh, and I get your (and many people's) complaints about the Thor arm. Each one has its own genre and/or realm, and I don't know that the Thor one resonates as well with most of these boards. That said, I personally enjoy them, and I expect 3 to nail it out of the park.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the only positive thing about thor2 for me was the premise that EQ Dark Elves wanted to take over the world(s)

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I think the point was, if you are using the term "shit" to describe those movies, what are you using to describe movies like Batman v Superman, X-Men Apocalypse, Wolverine Origins, or Ghostbitches, for example?

Because none of the MCU movies are anywhere near those in terms of "shit" so I'd probably label the MCU "failures" as more mediocre than anything. They didn't repulse me when I watched them like the above mentioned did.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I think the point was, if you are using the term "shit" to describe those movies, what are you using to describe movies like Batman v Superman, X-Men Apocalypse, Wolverine Origins, or Ghostbitches, for example?

Because none of the MCU movies are anywhere near those in terms of "shit" so I'd probably label the MCU "failures" as more mediocre than anything. They didn't repulse me when I watched them like the above mentioned did.
havent seen origins or apocalypse, but yeah those other movies were shit too. maybe not the same kinds of shit as IM2, but they're all films i didnt like and never want to see them again.

• 1Like

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
IM2 is a perfectly cromulent movie. It is an avengers prequel, which everyone hates for some reason.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

We're comparing the shit MCU against the

OMFG THEY MADE SPIDER-MAN WONDERFUL AGAIN, I'M FUCKING CRYING!!~!

Thor is a very acceptable movie, better than xmen shit, better than BvS shit, but cunts out compared to top Tier 1 GotG/Avengers.

It's basically 3 tiers for MCU

Tier 1:
GotG
Avengers
IM1
Cap2
Cap3

Tier 2:
IM2
Cap1
AntMan

Tier 3:
IM3
Hulk
Thor 1
Thor 2
Avengers 2

Sure, personal preferences, you can move a movie up or down one tier, but never TWO tiers for example there is no way in hell Avengers 2 can ever be Tier 1.
Just like the Thors can move into T2, but shit even Black Hiemdall won't grant you passage to T1

Same can be said for T1, GotG may not be your cup of tea, but no way in hell can you move it to T3, green shit territory.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Oh, and I get your (and many people's) complaints about the Thor arm. Each one has its own genre and/or realm, and I don't know that the Thor one resonates as well with most of these boards.

It's going to be ironic if they take what have been so far two of the weaker franchises within the MCU and combine them to create something as glorious as Ragnarok is sounding so far. I'm trying to manage my expectations for it but it's getting harder as the info drips out about it.

• 1Like