Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It's the same thing that they did with Avengers 2 vs. Cap 3. The exact same characters in play, but that movie was fucking awesome, were as Avengers 2 wasn't. Marvel does good shit.

Any idea where Doc Strange is going to fit into your 3 tier system? I know it's a complete change from everything they've done before, but then again, so was GotG... and Ant Man for that matter.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
It's the same thing that they did with Avengers 2 vs. Cap 3. The exact same characters in play, but that movie was fucking awesome, were as Avengers 2 wasn't. Marvel does good shit.

Any idea where Doc Strange is going to fit into your 3 tier system? I know it's a complete change from everything they've done before, but then again, so was GotG... and Ant Man for that matter.
Trailers indicate it'll be at least T2 and might be as awesome as IM1 character intro territory.

I'm not even mad they white washed, sex changed to a girl, or a fucking trans, idk, Tilda Swinton always looked androgynous to me, like how a Trans is supposed to look, the Ancient One, nope not even mad.

Not even mad, that the most asian Wong they could find was a budget version of Sammo Hung.

Just please be this Wong, and we'll be cool
puduipmolzbrf0jajyra.jpg

Is deadpool connected to the MCU in any way possible?
no that abberation is still Fox shit, better Fox shit, but still shit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I rewatched the whole MCU (except the Hulks) leading up to CA3 and even the "bad" ones of Thors/IM2&3/AoU were really fine upon a second pass. I think I actually liked them MORE the second time around because I just paid attention to the snappy dialogue and characters and didn't give a shit about plot since I knew that was bad already. Even the worst one has more great dialogue than all the DC ones put together, and I wouldn't hate my life watching them again, again.

Here's hoping Dr. Strange and Thor 3 are at least Tier 2 ones though, they look so damn promising.

• 1Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
It's basically 3 tiers for MCU

Tier 1:
GotG
Avengers
IM1
Cap2
Cap3

Tier 2:
IM2
Cap1
AntMan

Tier 3:
IM3
Hulk
Thor 1
Thor 2
Avengers 2

Sure, personal preferences, you can move a movie up or down one tier, but never TWO tiers for example there is no way in hell Avengers 2 can ever be Tier 1.
Just like the Thors can move into T2, but shit even Black Hiemdall won't grant you passage to T1
You've got it totally right.. but for whatever reason I'm one of like a dozen people in the world who thought avengers2 was still pretty good, it's the bottom of tier1 for me. I think a lot of people liked it well enough when it came out, but the people who hated it swayed a lot of people's opinions of it.

I liked seeing all the avengers together, the fight scenes, and then the humor was still great. Yea, the overall plot was weak, but it's the details that really make the MCU movies for me. I mean, Cap3's plot had a bunch of holes in it, but it'd still arguably be one of the top 3 MCU movies ever just due to the airport fight scene itself.

GOTG2 looks great so far, Tim Gunn is a genius, and Marvel continues to make great decisions on who to lead their projects. Sure, getting the same guy as GOTG1 is a no brainer, but some studios might have swapped out directors to save money or some other bullshit.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You've got it totally right.. but for whatever reason I'm one of like a dozen people in the world who thought avengers2 was still pretty good, it's the bottom of tier1 for me. I think a lot of people liked it well enough when it came out, but the people who hated it swayed a lot of people's opinions of it.

I liked seeing all the avengers together, the fight scenes, and then the humor was still great. Yea, the overall plot was weak, but it's the details that really make the MCU movies for me. I mean, Cap3's plot had a bunch of holes in it, but it'd still arguably be one of the top 3 MCU movies ever just due to the airport fight scene itself.

GOTG2 looks great so far, Tim Gunn is a genius, and Marvel continues to make great decisions on who to lead their projects. Sure, getting the same guy as GOTG1 is a no brainer, but some studios might have swapped out directors to save money or some other bullshit.
go watch the movie that got him the gig.
Super (2010) - IMDb

Avengers2 was fine up to a point.

• 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I think avengers 2 is viewed better by people who had no idea who Ultron was prior.

They wasted him so completely. My wife figured he was just some random bad guy and enjoyed the film. Clearly not a top flick but I think fans of the source can't help but to dock it extra points for loser ultron.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Is deadpool connected to the MCU in any way possible?

See the thing is when Avengers 2 came out, we were like... well OK, i guess.

However, once Cap3 came out, Avengers 2 lost like a metric ton of stock, since Cap3 was a better Avengers movie than Avengers 2 was.

Avengers 2 was so worthless that you could practically add in this clip to explain Scarlet Witch, and bridge Cap2 -> Cap3

And Cap3 would be a better Avengers 2.

• 2Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
The thing many of us are still shaking our heads at is that you guys are calling some of these movies shit, when shit should be reserved for a whole other tier. If you guys are breaking these into 3 tiers, most of the DC universe would be 4th or 5th tier.

And I also rewatched all of the MCU (minus first Hulk) prior to Avengers 2, and there wasn't a single one that I felt wasted my time. Sure, there were some way more awesome than others, hence the tier system, but I'll never, ever watch BvS or Suicide Squad again. So if you call Thor 2 shit, is BvS the puke that you hurl up after trying to eat the shit?

Am I making any sense?

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The thing many of us are still shaking our heads at is that you guys are calling some of these movies shit, when shit should be reserved for a whole other tier. If you guys are breaking these into 3 tiers, most of the DC universe would be 4th or 5th tier.

And I also rewatched all of the MCU (minus first Hulk) prior to Avengers 2, and there wasn't a single one that I felt wasted my time. Sure, there were some way more awesome than others, hence the tier system, but I'll never, ever watch BvS or Suicide Squad again. So if you call Thor 2 shit, is BvS the puke that you hurl up after trying to eat the shit?

Am I making any sense?
i get what you're saying and i agree, the MCU "tier 3" films with exception of (Im2, Ed Norton Hulk and Thor 2) arent as bad as BvS, but they are all movies i was unhappy with and never want to see again. thats my threshhold for shit. unpleasant experiences tend to do that.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

Am I making any sense?
I think it's only you? Most others seem to say "yea 3 tier system works, and i'll throw in a personal preference here and there".

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Marvel nerds are the epitome of 8/10 but the suit's knees are too sharp, would not bang while the rest of the comic book universes are struggling to surpass a 5.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida
Thing that bugged me most about Avengers 2 was that they removed the robotic tone they had on Spader's voice, it sounded PERFECT in the first trailer. Also the first trailer seemed like it was going to be a darker movie but it ended up being upbeat like Avengers 1

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The problem with Avengers 2 is that they couldn't take the gloves off, you couldn't have an already introduced character getting crippled or killed like Rhodes in Civil War so the only thing they could do was off Pietro. Coulson dying and Fury planting the cards made a real impact both to the characters and the audience much more than "oh we're killing our version of Quicksilver so one less dupe crossover win the X-men franchise". And then the Hulk flew off into the sunset.

• 1Like

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
However, once Cap3 came out, Avengers 2 lost like a metric ton of stock, since Cap3 was a better Avengers movie than Avengers 2 was.

This... I had no problem with Avengers 2 but honestly with Cap3 essentially being the Avengers we will all remember, A2 really just gave us certain pieces of the story that are necessary to move us closer to Infinity War. A2 really was a setup for pretty well all other movies so I guess it served it's purpose but Cap3 really overshadows it.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
That's the problem with the middle/setup movies a lot of franchises have, they tend to lean toward the cautious approach and just play it safe to introduce new plot devices or characters. The only truly great one I can think of is Empire Strikes Back.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
That's the problem with the middle/setup movies a lot of franchises have, they tend to lean toward the cautious approach and just play it safe to introduce new plot devices or characters. The only truly great one I can think of is Empire Strikes Back.
no love for Two Towers or BttF2?

• 1Like

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Aliens was great. Captain America 2 was great. Star Trek 2 (tWoK) was great. None of these were trilogies (except CA2), but close enough to what you are talking about.

• 1Like