Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (2023)

Juvarisx

Florida
Even if DC doesn't work out for him, Bautista should be fine he really is a good actor. Knock at the Cabin was eh, but he was really creepy weird in a good way in it and more or less carried the film. I really don't see him becoming typecast, he is just a really big dude lol. The role he had in BR2049 shows that with smart writing both his acting strength and his physicalness can be both utilized to great effect.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Bautista is also 54 years old, at that age its hard to maintain that physique, even with money and the best hollywood/doctors have to offer.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Even if DC doesn't work out for him, Bautista should be fine he really is a good actor. Knock at the Cabin was eh, but he was really creepy weird in a good way in it and more or less carried the film. I really don't see him becoming typecast, he is just a really big dude lol. The role he had in BR2049 shows that with smart writing both his acting strength and his physicalness can be both utilized to great effect.
I'm just requoting the whole thing because I thought about it and pretty much agree. I think it's easy for Hollywood to typecast him because he's dealing with the stigma of being a wrestler turned actor. Even if you call the rock successful, he still just does primarily action movies. Batista has done mostly action movies as well but he's done plenty of roles where he's shown off just how great an actor he is. He should be fine finishing his career 20 years down the road having a pretty admirable filmology. That being said I'm liking him less and less as a person as time goes by, but c'est la vie

• 1Like
  • 1Great Review
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
nobody forced these people to becomes body builders or wrestlers. its the path they chose and its logical that they get movie roles that highlight those attributes. he could always stop working out to the extreme and start auditioning for pure acting roles and take a chance. what could he fucking lose?

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
nobody forced these people to becomes body builders or wrestlers. its the path they chose and its logical that they get movie roles that highlight those attributes. he could always stop working out to the extreme and start auditioning for pure acting roles and take a chance. what could he fucking lose?
Millions of dollars?

Juvarisx

Florida

Its really hard to articulate how big these dudes are. I met Hulk Hogan in St Petersburg FL a few years ago, and he still works out but surely not to the same degree and the dude just towers over you and his body type makes you feel small and im 6'3 lol. These dudes become wrestlers because they are monster dudes, and yea im sure he wont look so muscley at some point but even then he will still be a large dude.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Sterling

El Presidente
And I feel like that's sort of what he's trying to do to anyways. Aside from wanting to do the Bane thing it seems like he wants to do some different roles besides just Drax. I liked him in 2049 and Dune and those were pretty different from Drax. I'd like to see what else he can do.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Somehow missed this before, what the fuck?
You know the first one isn't real, right? Second is a terrible angle, but shit like that also happens when you take away the photoshop.

So like every woman in mainstream comics up until at least the 2000s? They pretty much only ever had one body type.

• 1Solidarity

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'll buy an Imax 3D ticket tomorrow morning for May 4th. Even though it technically starts Friday, they always release tickets for Thursday. Can't wait.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Its really hard to articulate how big these dudes are. I met Hulk Hogan in St Petersburg FL a few years ago, and he still works out but surely not to the same degree and the dude just towers over you and his body type makes you feel small and im 6'3 lol. These dudes become wrestlers because they are monster dudes, and yea im sure he wont look so muscley at some point but even then he will still be a large dude.
I saw the WWE live for a house show back 98/99 in Toronto, Stone Cold and The Rock headlined, and when Kaine comes out and you see how fucking huge he actually is it was awe inspiring. Dude is fucking HUGE.

j00t

i mean... you understand that actors DO get turned down for roles, right? just because we've never seen him as a romantic lead doesn't mean he hasn't gone for those roles.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Bautista is also 54 years old, at that age its hard to maintain that physique, even with money and the best hollywood/doctors have to offer.
I work with a couple guys in their 50s who are more ripped than Bautista. If you have the will you can do it. They are both surprisingly cool for roided out blackies. I ask all the time if their balls have cancer yet or if they’ve started lactating and they just joke back.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i mean... you understand that actors DO get turned down for roles, right? just because we've never seen him as a romantic lead doesn't mean he hasn't gone for those roles.
as much as i dislike Harrison Ford the person, he is/was an amazing actor and smart enough to avoid being typecast for his entire career while remaining successful. Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher not so much. Bautista probably tried, but he needs to keep trying.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I work with a couple guys in their 50s who are more ripped than Bautista.
Even if Bautista was smart enough to get out earlier than most, 15 years of pro wrestling is still a lot of extra damage to your body.

j00t

as much as i dislike Harrison Ford the person, he is/was an amazing actor and smart enough to avoid being typecast for his entire career while remaining successful. Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher not so much. Bautista probably tried, but he needs to keep trying.
i think early in mark hamill's career he was stuck as luke skywalker, which might have been what drew him to voice acting. but he's an EXTREMELY prolific voice actor.

• 3Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Bautista doesn't want to be the Rock and be typecast. He really wants to be considered a legit actor. Not just the makeup, but he doesn't want to play the role anymore since he's done it for a bunch of movies already.
jesus fuck bautista is just a bleh actor,
christ, i saw him in the godforsaken movie the man w/ the iron fists, that movie is all sorts of horrible w/ rza and fat russell crowe (i watched it cuz i can't resist jamie chung), but the most offensive one is bautista.
you know his best role? guardians holiday special

wrestlers are just dumb muscle, best wrestling actor of all time?
john cena

second best?
invisible john cena

third best is andre the giant in princess bride

and honorable mention to rowdy

• 1Seriously?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i think early in mark hamill's career he was stuck as luke skywalker, which might have been what drew him to voice acting. but he's an EXTREMELY prolific voice actor.
i mean ok, but in person acting he's still Luke Skywalker whenever you see him. he's not well known visually for anything else. Hamill survived on voice work. Carrie, she fucked her own career up because she was an alkie and drug addict for most of her life. meanwhile Ford was Han, Indy, Blade Runner, Fugitive and many other famous roles. i'm sure there are still old ladies who wet their Depends thinking about him. its really not a fair comparison because Bautista isnt even in Ford's league, but its just a testament that you dont have to be typecasted unless you allow yourself to be. if you allow yourself to be, then nut up or shut up.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
i mean ok, but in person acting he's still Luke Skywalker whenever you see him. he's not well known visually for anything else. Hamill survived on voice work. Carrie, she fucked her own career up because she was an alkie and drug addict for most of her life. meanwhile Ford was Han, Indy, Blade Runner, Fugitive and many other famous roles. i'm sure there are still old ladies who wet their Depends thinking about him. its really not a fair comparison because Bautista isnt even in Ford's league, but its just a testament that you dont have to be typecasted unless you allow yourself to be. if you allow yourself to be, then nut up or shut up.

"Ford's league" is exactly why he wasn't typecast. He had a solid career before Star Wars and he's far more charismatic and leading man material than Hamill or Bautista.

He also didn't have the boyish looks or monstrous size of Bautista limiting what roles even make sense for them.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users