Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (2023)

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Somehow missed this before, what the fuck?
apparently, that pose was karen gillan's idea. she posted about how cool she FELT she looked right up until she saw the poster.

so, on one hand it's not some conspiracy to de-femanize the character... on the other hand, this is hollywood, don't they have people who's sole job it is to make sure non-flattering pictures don't get released to the public?

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
So far everything I'm seeing on this one says "Hello, I'm James Gunn and since I realize I'm done with this toy I'm going to burn it down in the way that makes you hurt the most because I really wanna be more like Joss Whedon"

Anybody else getting that feeling from the trailers and all the pre-talk about the body count of characters?

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
So far everything I'm seeing on this one says "Hello, I'm James Gunn and since I realize I'm done with this toy I'm going to burn it down in the way that makes you hurt the most because I really wanna be more like Joss Whedon"

Anybody else getting that feeling from the trailers and all the pre-talk about the body count of characters?
I’ll watch it cause of rocket and his otter girlfriend or whatever… frame by frame. Can’t say I’m excited in any other way for this movie. Marvel has kinda been trash lately.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

No, that's retarded.

Intentionally making it shit would just make it that much harder to get his DCEU taken seriously

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Haus

<Silver Donator>
No, that's retarded.

Intentionally making it shit would just make it that much harder to get his DCEU taken seriously
I'm not saying he's going to turn out a shit movie here. I'm saying he's going down a dark path which probably won't "feel good" to a fanbase who have seemingly gone to these movies for "turn off your brain and feel good about it" entertainment. Serenity for instance was a great movie, but Joss Whedon knew he was done with those characters and that universe after it so decided to turn then "I hope you didn't get attached to any of these characters" up to 11. Which I think Gunn seems to be angling towards here. For instance...

How do Reavers clean their spears???
They run them through the Wash

• 1Jonesing
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 users

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
i don't know, man... nebula has never been a sexual character, at least in the movies. i'm completely unfamiliar with her in the comics.
Nebula in comics:

IMG_3796.jpeg

IMG_3795.jpeg

IMG_3797.jpeg

IMG_3798.jpeg

her outfit reminds me of Hexadecimal from Reboot

IMG_3800.jpeg

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
At least Bradley Cooper and Dave Bautista have said they are done after Guardians 3. Gunn has been sayin for awhile this is the last time we'll see this version of the team. It's dark, because it's going to be.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
At least Bradley Cooper and Dave Bautista have said they are done after Guardians 3. Gunn has been sayin for awhile this is the last time we'll see this version of the team. It's dark, because it's going to be.
oh voice acting so hard!!!

• 1Solidarity

Sevens

Log Wizard
I must have missed Cooper saying he was done, I know Bautista has said it.

fris

Vyemm Raider
Shame, hard to understand why they ask want to walk away from this so bad. Maybe Batista cause the makeup time. But of all the teams in the MCU, this one could stand up alone the best. I'm probably going to skip this in the theater cause it feels like a setup just to kill off characters

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Shame, hard to understand why they ask want to walk away from this so bad. Maybe Batista cause the makeup time. But of all the teams in the MCU, this one could stand up alone the best. I'm probably going to skip this in the theater cause it feels like a setup just to kill off characters

Batista was trying to get something else going with DC. So far it hasn't gone well. He did a presentation/meet for a Bane movie and it got shot down.

He doesn't care about makeup if he pitched Bane.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Batista was trying to get something else going with DC. So far it hasn't gone well. He did a presentation/meet for a Bane movie and it got shot down.

He doesn't care about makeup if he pitched Bane.
Bautista doesn't want to be the Rock and be typecast. He really wants to be considered a legit actor. Not just the makeup, but he doesn't want to play the role anymore since he's done it for a bunch of movies already.

• 2Like

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Bautista doesn't want to be the Rock and be typecast. He really wants to be considered a legit actor. Not just the makeup, but he doesn't want to play the role anymore since he's done it for a bunch of movies already.
I don’t know how successful he can be given how much of his early and breakthrough roles depended on his huge size, he’s kinda like the inverse of Peter Dinklage

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i dont know why Marvel is still going with this "burn it all down and then replace all of it with shit" strategy. i guess they want more layoffs. good luck with that.

Chris

Potato del Grande
apparently, that pose was karen gillan's idea. she posted about how cool she FELT she looked right up until she saw the poster.

so, on one hand it's not some conspiracy to de-femanize the character... on the other hand, this is hollywood, don't they have people who's sole job it is to make sure non-flattering pictures don't get released to the public?
This is why woke shit is toxic.

Normally either the photographer or the editor would call out the bad shot and get it redone, making Karen Gillan look hot as usual and boost her image.

In SJW Disney women know best so they are never questioned, which makes them do a worse job and not get hired as much.

This happened to Doctor Who after Karen Gillan left the show, they went with a female lead (Jodie Whittaker) and woke writers, so it turned into a shitty miscast because nobody gave Jodie any feedback, they even told her not to watch previous seasons of the show.

• 1Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I thought someone posted, a while back now, that Dave gave an interview stating that he was getting tired of holding his bodybuilding physique for so long. Filming takes a long time, and it has to be hard on his health by staying cut, muscular, and on riods/HGH for 6+ months at a time.

Dunno how Bane would be any different though, maybe the plan was a CGI Bane to be the size of Hulk when he is juiced up, and normal, non cut Dave, otherwise.

Last edited:

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I thought someone posted, a while back now, that Dave gave an interview stating that he was getting tired of holding his bodybuilding physique for so long. Filming take a long time, and it has to be hard on his health by staying cut, muscular, and on riods/GHG for 6+ months at a time.

Dunno how Bane would be any different though, maybe the plan was a CGI Bane to be the size of Hulk when he is juiced up, and normal, non cut Dave, otherwise.
Pretty sure he pitched a Bane movie similar to Joker. Something more "artsy."

• 1Like